Helpful ReplyTubes Update

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 6
Author
PONDBEARSHWILLY
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 165
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/19 10:06:58 (permalink)
In my honest opinion,who cares?!?!? I have never fished that stretch of water and have caught many fish over the years.Yes I understand the frustration of us fisher people loosing more and more access to the Tribs each year but what are you going to do about it......?

ERIC J. {AKA} BONES
chartist
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 925
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/19 10:13:06 (permalink)
Ohio could stock two million fish a year and the fisherman numbers would never equal those on the Salmon river.  It's just nuts up there.  Businesses want fishermen and the state wants revenue.  No one really cares what the fishermen want.   I spent $2000 on trips to the Salmon river this year, just in September!.  That's what PA wants.  When I went to the River House restaurant every night in Pulaski, I was greeted well cuz they knew I wasn't leaving without dropping $80 at the bar....And when I go to the Crooked Door Tavern in Albion, NY, after a full day fishing Oak Orchard, Joe will be beaming to see me. 
Skip16503
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4028
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/19 11:13:49 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby FiveMilePete 2013/10/21 12:41:33
Nope not me guys  BUT  I do have a few good men in PHWFF That could use a decent stretch of Water to fish with easy access

PM Sent

chrisrowboat
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 688
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/19 11:39:21 (permalink)
http://fishandboat.com/promo/grants/e ... e_operating_statement.pdf

If the fisherman want to fish this area and wish it to be an easement the fisherman (get a group) mush push for the state to pay what needs to be paid for such. I always have stated that the state must go after each piece in whatever way it can to secure properties under the Erie access program. And it has to be a continued effort with the fisherman participating in the methods.
There will always be moneys going into this fund and it is very important that the funds are used rather than accumulated.

Proud to have been a FOT/
I've been out fishing.
Clean your gear/
http://www.fish.state.pa.us/cleanyourgear.htm

New Angler
  • Total Posts : 32
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/19 12:40:01 (permalink)
Is this kind of nonsense just a west side thing? For years the PFBC has illegally posted the road down to Godfrey Run as walk in only. They do not own the road. It's actually a PennDOT road and as such cannot be closed by any agency but PennDOT. Now all this fuss over the Tubes. Seems like the answer is to go to the creeks on the East Side.
lost sage rod sectio
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 77
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/19 13:09:28 (permalink)
I think what needs to be done is a simple solution. P.A. needs to raise the price of a fishing license $20.00 across the board. this will increase revenue and get the pretenders out of the way of the contenders who want to fish. You and I both know there a lot of people who spend the day on the crick when they could be working and paying taxes. Pay to fish and park license increase even access fees all sound like good Ideas to me. I'm old school not a golden boy I make money the old fashioned way I earn it. Some folks like cell phones and video games others like to fish but one thing is for sure it is going to cost you. So hi ho, hi ho its off to work we go!!!!!!!!!!
fisherofmen376
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2217
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/19 13:58:18 (permalink)
I vow to read no more on this topic until I get 5 FACTS

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 4:19
genieman77
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2534
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/19 16:58:28 (permalink)
fisherofmen376

fact 1.) I couldn't go fishing today because i had to work
Fact 2.)i won't be able to go tomorrow cause a friend jacked his back and needs a hand
Fact 3.)   I won't be able to go fishing next week because we're buried with work and i can't get away without pi$$ing off a lot of customers (and my guys) cause they're already swamped and need me to wear MY tools everyday too right now
Fact 4.) I wish I lived within a 30 minute drive of steelie water..cause I WOULD be hitting the creeks for a short time here and there

Fact 5.) no matter what happens, someone will beeioch about it..cause you'll never please everyone

..L..T.A.
dano
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3032
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/19 17:34:20 (permalink)
If you're not very good at fishing and haven't yet realized that fish swim, even to places that no one fishes, then I could see how pay to play would be beneficial.
glen
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 920
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/19 18:04:09 (permalink)
   Pay to play [ ala the Chartist ] is for the  nerd who has to hire a hooker.
    nuf said,     Glen
lost sage rod sectio
Novice Angler
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/19 20:06:31 (permalink)
Glen spoken like true Obama lover you want him to pay your health coverage, buy your fishing license pay for your fish and throw in a hooker Hey for $40.00 bucks why fight with the wife just trying to help you out
fisherofmen376
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2217
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/19 20:25:10 (permalink)
When this stretch of water got posted and the controversy began, a bunch of new users came on who all exhibit similar troll-like traits.  It really the exemplifies the character of those who have a dog in this fight.  

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 4:19
New Angler
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/19 20:41:18 (permalink)
post edited by 3799 - 2013/10/19 20:55:56
New Angler
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/19 20:55:03 (permalink)
lost sage rod sectio
I think what needs to be done is a simple solution. P.A. needs to raise the price of a fishing license $20.00 across the board. this will increase revenue and get the pretenders out of the way of the contenders who want to fish. You and I both know there a lot of people who spend the day on the crick when they could be working and paying taxes. Pay to fish and park license increase even access fees all sound like good Ideas to me. I'm old school not a golden boy I make money the old fashioned way I earn it. Some folks like cell phones and video games others like to fish but one thing is for sure it is going to cost you. So hi ho, hi ho its off to work we go!!!!!!!!!!

Unless I missed the sarcasm there you want everybody statewide to pay a 50 to 100% increase in their license fees so you can chase fish in those bath tubs you call fishing holes on those tiny tribs in Erie you call creeks? Let's wax them kids too, at least $20. Make them pay to play, or else they can stay home and play video games. How about a tariff on each fish caught? $10 if released live, $20 if you want to take it home. We can use the people who will get free Obamacare and let them work off the cost of their policy. They sit creek side and use their free cell phones to phone in the numbers off the licenses of those who catch fish, and the PFBC can bill you.
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5029
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/19 21:18:31 (permalink)
fisherofmen376
When this stretch of water got posted and the controversy began, a bunch of new users came on who all exhibit similar troll-like traits.  It really the exemplifies the character of those who have a dog in this fight.  

shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization.
"Shill" typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that they are an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) for whom they are secretly working. The person or group who hires the shill is using crowd psychology to encourage other onlookers or audience members to purchase the goods or services (or accept the ideas being marketed). Shills are often employed by professional marketing campaigns. "Plant" and "stooge" more commonly refer to any person who is secretly in league with another person or organization while pretending to be neutral or actually a part of the organization he is planted in, such as a magician's audience, a political party, or an intelligence organization (see double agent).[citation needed]

Auctioneer and assistants, Cheviot, Ohio.

Shilling is illegal in many circumstances and in many jurisdictions[1] because of the potential for fraud and damage, however if a shill does not place uninformed parties at a risk of loss, but merely generates "buzz," the shill's actions may be legal. For example, a person planted in an audience to laugh and applaud when desired (see claque), or to participate in on-stage activities as a "random member of the audience," is a type of legal shill.[citation needed]
Shill can also be used pejoratively to describe a critic who appears either all-too-eager to heap glowing praise upon mediocre offerings, or who acts as an apologist for glaring flaws. In this sense, the critic would be an implicit shill for the industry at large, possibly because his income is tied to its prosperity. The origin of the term "shill" is uncertain; it may be an abbreviation of "shillaber." The word originally denoted a carnival worker who pretended to be a member of the audience in an attempt to elicit interest in an attraction. Some sources trace the usage back to 1914.

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Loopy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1437
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/19 21:55:29 (permalink)
Charty chart.  You must stop whining about the Salmon River, and Erie, and the Oak and wherever else you can't stand to fish but will be back there as fast as you can. Your fault you spend the money you do just to be annoyed.  I hope you gave back the gear you rented in your profile pick. 

<---  The Holy Trinity
tippecanoe
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1451
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/20 03:21:27 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby FiveMilePete 2013/10/21 12:47:33
I have read all of this, and I finally had to post a reply.  Yeah I know, who gives a flip what I think of all this, but at least I didn't start a whole new thread pretending like I have a load of news for everyone.

First, a small list....
1. Who are all the new heads? The only people making any sense here are the old heads.  Shut up dummies.
2. Who is this tool hiding under a new name?  Does your wife know you are ****?
3. Glen, you are hysterical.
4. Chartist, can I smell your farts when you are done with them?
5. I will never go back to TR B&T, but then again, I may never go back to Erie county.
6. Loomis catches fish while listening to Bob Wayne because he can.

Erie steel fishing is a lot like that crazy chick you dated when you were nineteen.  Sure, she was way too hot for you, had a rock hard body and screwed like a bull mink. After a couple months though, her family issues and unstable personality was more then you felt like dealing with.  It went from something you made yourself overlook to have a good time, to a burden.  You gained some wisdom and moved on.  Sure it bent your mind and curled your toes, but even in the beginning you didn't have much hope or maybe even desire for it to last.  Everyone gets off to 8 pound rainbows, but after a while all the BS makes heading down to the small mouth stream or going small game hunting seem to make more sense.  The shine has worn off for me, and most of the guys I fish with.  The age old question, "Is it worth it?"  Not really.  Not for me at least.  Yeah Loomis, I can catch them too, it's just that every time there it about half leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  If I want a heavy fish I will start targeting Flatheads.  This whole ordeal is just another blow to a fishery that is already winded and in the 10th round.  Its kind of a microcosm of the circus that has been created up there.  Either there has to be a major change(historically never happens), or it is F'd.  Much like these forums.

TR B&T really screwed themselves.  The backpedaling is only making them look worse.  I hope that the Vets Skip works with or someone worthy does get to fish it, but, regardless, the TR guys look like crap, and deserve to.  Not much they can do now other then shut the F up and hope the public forgets.  Most of the folks here with a brain have pretty much summed up this mess.

Just my 2 cents on the sh*tshow as a whole....

chartist
Expert Angler
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/20 06:47:15 (permalink)
Loopy
Charty chart.  You must stop whining about the Salmon River, and Erie, and the Oak and wherever else you can't stand to fish but will be back there as fast as you can. Your fault you spend the money you do just to be annoyed.  I hope you gave back the gear you rented in your profile pick. 

I am not whining.  The salmon river attracts thousands for a reason, it's the best.  The SR makes Elk Creek look like a ditch.  It's not worth the $80 for an out of state license to fly fish Erie.  I wear simms gear almost exclusively:  best combination of quality, customer service, warranty.  Not everything they make is a homerun....Oh, and Loopy, my condolences for your hometown address, Yuck!
post edited by chartist - 2013/10/20 06:50:42
glen
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 920
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/20 08:11:58 (permalink)
fisherofmen376

This is my take on the issue [may or not be the facts]
 1. The majority of the fishermen on here are disappointed with the loss of access.
 2. The majority believe in the landowner's right to do what ever he wants to do.
 3. The majority wish the landowner no ill will.
 4. There is a separate group of people who care less about the fishery and more about financial gain.
 5. That group has earned the scorn of the fishermen and the fishermen will not support them by using their "services".

pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3427
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/20 09:04:28 (permalink)
tippecanoe

Erie steel fishing is a lot like that crazy chick you dated when you were nineteen.  Sure, she was way too hot for you, had a rock hard body and screwed like a bull mink. After a couple months though, her family issues and unstable personality was more then you felt like dealing with.  It went from something you made yourself overlook to have a good time, to a burden.  You gained some wisdom and moved on.  Sure it bent your mind and curled your toes, but even in the beginning you didn't have much hope or maybe even desire for it to last.  Everyone gets off to 8 pound rainbows, but after a while all the BS makes heading down to the small mouth stream or going small game hunting seem to make more sense.  The shine has worn off for me, and most of the guys I fish with.  The age old question, "Is it worth it?"  Not really.  Not for me at least. 

Best paragraph I've read in a long time here, good post Tipp. As far as all the newbs and their skewd views.... This fishery has made 1000s of them.

Once again, Erie DITCHES are a joke and anyone who acts like they're the second coming of Curt Gawdy because they "crush" fish there needs to hit the SR or another fishery that takes SKILL. Not a bobber and 2 pieces of yarn. IMHO.
Loopy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1437
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/20 09:08:40 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby FiveMilePete 2013/10/21 12:52:00
l
chartist
Loopy

I am not whining.  The salmon river attracts thousands for a reason, it's the best.  The SR makes Elk Creek look like a ditch.  It's not worth the $80 for an out of state license to fly fish Erie.  I wear simms gear almost exclusively:  best combination of quality, customer service, warranty.  Not everything they make is a homerun....Oh, and Loopy, my condolences for your hometown address, Yuck!

No need for apologies.  My town doesn't want you here anyway.  Although you will be back, I'm sure, and I'm sure that fish you're holding is from a Pa. stream.

<---  The Holy Trinity
chartist
Expert Angler
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/20 09:40:02 (permalink)
You're right Loopy, that's a 2011 PA fishing license pinned to my jacket.  The fish is from Elk, upstream of the Legion hole.  And Girard will likely never see me again.  It's possible I might fish Erie again, though not likely.  The Conneaut is not a bad river and if the fish return in numbers seen in past years, that's likely as close to Erie as I will get.  However, there are other streams around central and north central PA that I plan to fish in the future.  I am a PA native from Somerset County and an IUP grad though I didn't fish as a denizen of the state.
Stillhead
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1887
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/20 10:16:35 (permalink)
I hate to say it but Chartist is right!! You're not a real fisherman until you've paid $50  to dredge the bottom of the DSR with an ounce of lead and a carpet fly to snag fish in the face.  I don't know why they even stock steelhead in Lake Erie anymore. What a waste!!
chartist
Expert Angler
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/20 10:26:14 (permalink)
I paid the DSR $50 a day for six days in September for the privilege of fishing their piece of the SR.  And while many do snag fish on the SR, I am not one of those who feels the need to bring a fish home through any means necessary.  While Erie has some goofballs to be sure, it doesn't hold a candle to the absolute cretins on the SR.  That's why I pay the DSR $50 and I'd gladly pay $100.  So, yes, to distance myself from the masses, I pay up; both in fishing location and restaurant choice.  I don't want to hang out with the Busch Light swilling crowd.
Plum Bob
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 575
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/20 10:33:52 (permalink)
Some random comments on this thread:
Loss of access, pay to fish? Think it's bad now. Wait about 10 yrs!
Condolences for living in the Girard area. GMAFB. Must really suk to live in the Cincinnati area!
Not all Erie tribs are ditches. PA, yes.
Crush fish, fish the SR? Been there done that. Steelhead, dozen fish to hand days, up to 35", not a big deal, though haven't fished it in over 20 yrs.
Want a true big water experience? Forget the SR. Fish the lower Niagara. Grew up in Lewiston. Fished it back in the late 50's early 60's when it was crammed full of silver bass, area that is now called Artpark. Lots of fun for a kid. Now the river is full of salmon, steelhead, browns, & lakers.
"I wear Simms gear almost exclusively". Woop ti effen do! I know people like this. Most wouldn't make a pimple on a steelhead fisherman's****
Fished steelhead in the erie tribs for over 30 yrs. The experience today certainly is nothing like it was back in the day when overcrowding wasn't a problem, yet plenty of fish. Now it's just an excuse to get out of the house & do something. 25 minutes from home & I'm on a "steelbow" trib.

spazzer
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/20 13:47:35 (permalink)
Who is this chartist retard?? Sounds like a dude who needs to take some Extenze so he stops over compensating his lack of man hood with money and gear. Wow, what a tool.
fishrmn
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 675
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/20 16:41:59 (permalink)
Stillhead
I hate to say it but Chartist is right!! You're not a real fisherman until you've paid $50  to dredge the bottom of the DSR with an ounce of lead and a carpet fly to snag fish in the face.  I don't know why they even stock steelhead in Lake Erie anymore. What a waste!!

Must not be enough flow in PA to rake the bottom with suckerspawn and snag fish in the face .  Must have seen a million jagaloons with flyrods doing just that this weekend in NY with the higher flows.  What a joke.
workcanwait....
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 729
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/20 19:35:59 (permalink)
I have spent a lot of time fishing the Salmon River over the last 20 yrs or so.
There are a lot more people and some spectacular people watching during salmon runs.
I like the DSR pay to fish area up there,it keeps all the knuckleheads in one area away from where I fish(everywhere else).
Let the young richy rich alone(charist) to each there own.
As for Erie creeks I live close and will keep fishing them when I am not busy with work or hunting.
But they are small water and not hard to fish if any of you regs have not fished the Salmon River for steeelies you should drive the extra miles sometime and check it out it is a lot different!!!!
dano
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3032
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/20 19:51:30 (permalink)
Steelhead fishing the SR in late NOV/DEC at 750+ CFS mid river.
Lots of room except for the occasional drift boat.
Perfect conditions = 34-42 degrees and overcast.
Wish it wasn't a 3 1/2 hour drive. Hard to stay awake on that drive home.
lost sage rod sectio
Novice Angler
Re: Tubes Update 2013/10/20 19:55:15 (permalink)
STOP the hate.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 6
Jump to: