Helpful ReplyPullin' up hard on Chrome!!!

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
racerx051781
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 33
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/28 16:50:59 (permalink)
FishinGuy
tbronder
90% of  those fish get thrown in a deep freeze and forgot about!
. Where did you come up with that number? And who needs to get real, again?

Bash as you will it is all opinions. But when you consistently see the same people week after week taking three fish it is a little annoying. And Man i like to fish I am confused. One post you are bashing someone cause the kept a fish and next post you are bashing me cause I am for catch and release. 
steel whisperer
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 78
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/28 17:35:01 (permalink)
coldfront
myself,  think i would feel worse about keeping a huge bluegill or bass than i would a stocked, impotent trout which are bred for only one reason.  the reason i won't keep steelhead, and the occassional stocked trout that i catch is that they taste lousy, unless smoked.   my opinion only.

btw, i have worked with guys over the years who have lived real close to lakes, who use inexpensive, garage sale equipment, and who stock up on different fish during their spawining and schooling seasons.  they do it for food, not sport.  these are the same guys who hunt the urban zones for deer and take what they can legally.   economic conditions for a lot of working guys have worsened in the last twenty years and this is one way of cutting costs.  these same guys have huge gardens to supplement also.

Sorry cold ive witnessed that natural reproduction does occur with these so called impotent trout. 99.9% dont ever get the chance though.
gymi03
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 336
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/28 17:39:45 (permalink)
why hide ur face.......like id remember u on the streams. Jus saying.
TheBlueLagoon
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 802
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/28 18:34:22 (permalink)
maniliketofish
BlueLagoon - do I "have any legit reasons not to keep fish?"  Can you READ?   What statistic do you need to determine that if we all caught and kept 3 (or more) fish none of them would be a caught a second time? How many times did you have to go through the 3rd grade not to understand basic math? Ok...let me do it for you...see, for every fish TAKEN OUT that's ONE LESS FISH to be caught a second time.   Saavy?

So, if 250,000 anglers who fish Erie this winter caught just 3 fish and kept them, how many fish is that? (Pausing to fade in Jeapordy music.)   I'll help you...its 750,000, all to be caught once.

Shall I type slower or are you with me?

Gawd.  It's hard to soar with the eagles when you gotta flock with turkeys.

Not every angler catches let alone keeps 3 fish every time out, so right there your 3rd grade premise is flawed. I can tell you've had a bad day, make sure mommy tucks you in tonight and gives you a kiss on the forehead so you don't have nightmares of fisherman keeping their allotted creel.

Get real kid, there are plenty of fish every year to be caught. If you're having trouble catching them, maybe you should brush up on your techniques instead of whining about who keeps fish and enjoys a smoked stakehead occasionally.

Got Walleye???
steel whisperer
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 78
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/28 19:08:42 (permalink)
coldfront
but are you implying that 99.9% of the fish are caught and kept?  are the small erie tribs conducive to sustaining an active breeding population?  i don't fish steel often and have heard that they must be stocked to maintain the fishery.

Cold
I factor in death rates and predation when young as well as being caught to factor in that 99.9% Majority of the smaller tribs probably couldnt sustain breedin. Some could and are successful but ive read and witnessed majority only happen on the larger or more rural. But again enough arent given the opportunity to even attempt and certainly not enough to sustain without stocking. But hey NY and Mich has a great mix of stocked and natural why cant PA?
Just like I keep hearing and reading how guys wish PA brown trout population got as large and plentiful as NY. Well it cant when guys keep almost every 18-22" fish.

Im not going to complain about guys keeping their creel even if its every time out but I know some of the same guys who complain come late october/Nov there are no fish and run was small or not as big as it used to be.
Not saying just saying
genieman77
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2534
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/28 20:49:25 (permalink)
Porktown
I personally find it much easier to sleep at night, catching fish to eat, than torture it with a hook and pulled around, then put back into the Erie Trib gauntlet, to happen 20-30 more times in a few months. There is no moral high ground for C&R in the Erie circushead fishery, IMO.

I didn't read this tread til just now.
i made a comment a little while ago on Fish Whisper's  whinny thread

the most humane thing that could happen to a  PA trib steelie is BE HARVESTED.

..L.T.A.

genieman77
Pro Angler
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/28 21:07:47 (permalink)
coldfront

to keep or release appears every year on this site. 

and I'll bet my last Little Debbie oatmeal  cream pie they don't like the the taste of steel.
and I'd bet the jar of peanut butter I slather on top my Little Debbies.. if steelies tasted like walleye , they'd be killin' their share too.

as Tag (a member that used post here, and great guy) used to say,

"everyone is a hypocrite , it's just a matter of subject and degree"

..L.T.A.
racerx051781
New Angler
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/28 23:05:37 (permalink)
coldfront
i guess the way i see it, if they are within the law, that is their choice.  i know deer hunters who still will not shoot a doe, duck hunters who will not shoot a hen mallard.  the laws are written without considerations of individual biases and preferences.    

Cold I understand that. I believe that if you are within the law that you are fine also. However at the same time the Game Commission put the antler restrictions in play for reasons. They limited harvest of doe until the second week in some areas. If you want to keep fish every time great but why does it have to be three every time. I just think the fish commission should change the limit or make special regulations. I love how everyone is so against changing the limit or size but yet they are the ones screaming there are no fish or it is not like past years. Again it is all opinions. 
Stillhead
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1887
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/29 05:58:10 (permalink)
it seems to me someone around here has been pullin' up hard on something, but it hasn't been chrome
racerx051781
New Angler
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/29 09:22:38 (permalink)
Stillhead
it seems to me someone around here has been pullin' up hard on something, but it hasn't been chrome

I am on the East Side every other week if you ever want a lesson. Or if you would like to put a friendly wager and go fish for fish

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9829
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/29 13:12:15 (permalink)
$50 on Stillhead if this comes about.
fish12
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 131
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/29 13:15:59 (permalink)
Porktown
$50 on Stillhead if this comes about.

Me to.
Ironhed
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1892
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/29 13:27:55 (permalink)
tbronder
Stillheadit seems to me someone around here has been pullin' up hard on something, but it hasn't been chrome

I am on the East Side every other week if you ever want a lesson. Or if you would like to put a friendly wager and go fish for fish 

Can I play?

Blacktop Charters
Riverbum
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 294
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/29 13:39:03 (permalink)
*sigh*, does anyone actually fish anymore? These topics are as old and as beat to death as they come. If you guys actually do have your "fish-off", can you post some pics instead of coming on here to whine like little girls?

"Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."~by Tony Blake~

"Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in. Its thin current slides away, but eternity remains."
~by Henry David Thoreau~

slabdaddy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1780
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/29 13:58:21 (permalink)
My $ is on Ironhed if he gets in. If not, I'll put it on Stillhed.

“If you're in trouble, or hurt or in need - go to the poor people. They're the only ones that'll help - the only ones.”
John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath
fishrmn
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 675
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/29 13:58:53 (permalink)
 "I am on the East Side every other week if you ever want a lesson. Or if you would like to put a friendly wager and go fish for fish"

Now that is funny.
post edited by fishrmn - 2013/10/29 14:00:18
fishrmn
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 675
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/29 14:01:28 (permalink)
Ironhed
tbronder
Stillheadit seems to me someone around here has been pullin' up hard on something, but it hasn't been chrome

Can I play?

gymi03
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 336
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/29 14:12:45 (permalink)
Here I am 1/8 th mile from Elk...I dont care if you drive 200 miles....seriously. Ive got mine and will C*R most of the rest. If u really want stream conditions look at Uncle Johns web site. This whos wadda what is a joke. FYI stream conditions are good, all u muppers bring it. Freakin Joke
Stillhead
Pro Angler
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/29 16:42:40 (permalink)
tbronder
Stillhead

No thanks, I'll pass. I gave up steelhead fishing. For the last three years there haven't been enough fish in the creeks to make it "worth it" for me.
Stillhead
Pro Angler
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/29 16:59:26 (permalink)
Ironhed
tbronder

Can I play?

And no you can't play either , you already killed them all in the lake anyway. There ain't no mo' to fish fo'
 I don't think it's a coincidence that we've seen a drastic decrease in fish numbers in the streams ever since you started running charters. Kenny killed them all, you B*****D
post edited by Stillhead - 2013/10/29 17:03:45
cbeagler
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1811
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/29 17:23:58 (permalink)
Soooooo. Have the name Still head when you were fishing for steelhead. You gave up fishing for stillhead and now you have a crappie in your picture.  So if you are still head when fishing for stillheads, what are you now that you are fishing for crappie? Please tell me that you will not change your name according to what you fish for.

Yes, I know. I'm ugly.

Just curious.

racerx051781
New Angler
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/29 17:28:20 (permalink)
gymi03
Here I am 1/8 th mile from Elk...I dont care if you drive 200 miles....seriously. Ive got mine and will C*R most of the rest. If u really want stream conditions look at Uncle Johns web site. This whos wadda what is a joke. FYI stream conditions are good, all u muppers bring it. Freakin Joke

Was this supposed to be english?
Stillhead
Pro Angler
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/29 17:37:30 (permalink)
cbeagler
Soooooo. Have the name Still head when you were fishing for steelhead. You gave up fishing for stillhead and now you have a crappie in your picture.  So if you are still head when fishing for stillheads, what are you now that you are fishing for crappie? Please tell me that you will not change your name according to what you fish for.

Yes, I know. I'm ugly.

Just curious.

That is correct. But the crappie picture is old. There aren't enough of those left for me to fish for either, the Amish ate them all. The only fish left in PA in enough abundance to make it "worth it" is the Mon river whitefish as they are completely inedible. So now I shall call myself "Trojan Man"!!
Stillhead
Pro Angler
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/29 17:45:48 (permalink)
Oh by the way, I didn't even catch that crappie. I took some dude up on a crappie fish off and lost. I told him I wasn't paying though unless he let me take a picture with one of his fish.
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4913
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/29 18:19:40 (permalink)
Ironhed
tbronder

Can I play?

Can the Drake and I play?

I am pretty sure we would make the drive up for that.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
Fish5000
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 694
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/29 19:53:59 (permalink)
FishinGuy
That fish has a tag in it.

I didn't notice it until you mentioned it Fishinguy. It certainly looks like a tag and if that linear object near the dorsal is one, you're very observant. Good eyes Fishinguy!
  ROFLMAO re: Bings post with reference to blue ropes and pinners. I don't know if it's true, but it struck me as being very funny.
  I've often wondered about the reasoning of justifying going fishing and keeping the catch to put food on the table as Maniliketofish wrote as well as many others in the past. When one considers the total cost involved; gas, license, wear and tear on the vehicle, bait, rod, reel, etc..., it would seem much less expensive to get their fish from a store and that's after the costs have been spread out over the year getting an average cost / trip vs the cost of fish/pound at the supermarket. I'm not talking about enjoying a day outdoors, just the monetary involvement of buying fish vs. going out to harvest them. That reasoning would make much more sense if hunting for large game as a quantity of meat could be obtained on one trip and hopefully every trip. With the price of meat as it is, I think that it could be cheaper buying a license, firearm, ammo, paying for gas and all that is required. It might be more economical hunting one's meat providing they are successful.
  Fisherofmen376 wrote "the battle rages on". I don't understand why this subject is brought up every year as "you" [not referring to you Fisherman376] are not going to change the beliefs of "me". C/R reminds me of the theory of "No child left behind" and those of you that are schoolteachers can readily relate to that. It was a good idea when first started, but quickly got out of hand. C/R was a good idea when first started in the context it was started in and it worked well, but the logistics of it don't transcend to all types of fishing because of all of the variables. C/R continues to work well on the many trophy lakes. C/R has little if any effect when others [especially many others] are legally harvesting fish to eat, fish that were put there with the intent of anglers harvesting them. The only thing C/R does is make the person that is doing it feel good as it demonstrates their beliefs. Again as many have written, the fish are put there for anglers to enjoy. If they are legally harvesting them and creel limits/seasons are obeyed, there shouldn't be any discord about them being kept. If it makes C/R people feel good to do what they do for whatever reason, continue what you're doing and likewise for those that keep what they catch. It's not likely one is going to sway the opinion of the other, why b!^cH about it? 

post edited by Fish5000 - 2013/10/29 19:57:59
Fish5000
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 694
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/29 20:04:03 (permalink)
coldfront
you guys would feel differently about keeping fish if you ever tried my brown trout chili. 

Fish chunks on top of your brown trout chile??? I want some! What kind of beer?

genieman77
Pro Angler
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/29 20:23:42 (permalink)
Riverbum
 These topics are as old and as beat to death as they come.

don't care
I want in on some of the action
I'll take Jim or Ken for a couple hundred if the duud's serious

..L.T.A.
genieman77
Pro Angler
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/29 20:47:04 (permalink)
fish5000
The only thing C/R does is make the person that is doing it feel good as it demonstrates their beliefs.

That's not what it's about (with regards to Pa steel specifically anyway)
cause 97.38% of the C&R advocates, advocate such for one simple reason ...they want to   stand over a bazzilon fish in a the same  puddles all season long and catch  them over and over and over and over again from Sept to May.

it's all about "huge numbers" staying in the pools all season  long  for them  ..nothing more
..L.T.A.
genieman77
Pro Angler
Re: Pullin' up hard on Chrome!!! 2013/10/29 20:50:45 (permalink)
coldfront
i'll throw in a bill.  put loomis or fshrmtim in the  'to learn' mix and i'll double.

I haven't fished with Loomie and Timbo, so I'm in  for fiddy with them
I HAVE with Jim a little, and Headly a few times ...it's as close to a "sure thing" as it gets

.L.T.A.
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to: