bush did it

Author
backin79
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1582
  • Reward points: 0
2008/01/12 09:17:12 (permalink)

bush did it

I decided to holdoff and instead work some money this sat. fix a fence /cedar shake siding repair.. Temps suppose to return to normal tonight but still think this weekend is shot for any safe ice . Was wondering what grubs you guys prefer for tipping your favorite jigging lures? I have the spikes, but when available, like mousies better, i sometimes like mealworms and waxies especially in trout water ,but overall,  seem to have better luck using mousies. The thing about spikes is even though you get more per penny, they are smaller and do not have the tail which i believe makes the mousies work better. Mealworms are great for trout as I am sure most here have experienced great success drifting them for trout. This new gulp stuff I hear is suppose to be good stuff, but I yet to trial this imitation 1 " red worm bait myself. A couple of fishermen I ran into along the SR this fall said it works. 

4 Replies Related Threads

HookLineSinker
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 322
    RE: bush did it 2008/01/17 17:56:47 (permalink)
    Moussies give off the most scent I think. I'm a firm believer in overkill, bringing out moussies and mealworms. I also bought some pink moussies and the Gulp spikes this year.

Kicked myself in the butt for not going out today. Now I've got to work 7 straight days. I'll be out next weekend if anyone wants to head out. May get adventurous and haul it to Goodyear.

Walked out onto Round today. There was a good 6 inches. Also saw a few people on 'toga.

FYI. The little baitshop by Round Lake does have bait now. Wasn't too impressed with the pike shiners, but everything else looked as good as always.
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: bush did it 2008/01/18 22:48:56 (permalink)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4kTnP5VJ1k guys I really want justice dead or alive!
    eagleed
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    RE: bush did it 2008/01/19 22:43:20 (permalink)
    Hook:

I fished Saratoga Lake today on the far side by the green cabin at the shoreline and came up with 0.  I did see guys catch three walleyes down by the boarded up RiverFront Restaurant.  Two were caught jigging and one on a tip-up.  I then went over to the marina where I jigged up some perch, but nothing to brag about.
    Worse of all there was a guy cross country skiing under the bridge when I told him to stop because of the thin ice.  He said it's safe and continued on until he went through.  Fortunately for him he had friends in the parking lot with a car to warm him and take him home.

Eagle Ed
    HookLineSinker
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 322
    RE: bush did it 2008/01/21 01:12:16 (permalink)
    Well, at least you can sleep well at night knowing you tried to warn him.

Decided to stay local this coming weekend. A local of Tomhannock showed me his walleye spot. Gonna give it a try on Saturday if you or anyone wants to join in. Saving Lake Lonely for my days off during the week to stay away from the crowd. I hear its recieving a lot of pressure this year. I'll wait for open water to get to 'toga.
    Jump to: