anyone remember the duud that lived on Connie?

Author
genieman77
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2534
  • Reward points: 0
2012/11/05 17:47:11 (permalink)

anyone remember the duud that lived on Connie?

i don't mean in  a house on creek side property  ..i mean the homeless duud that camped out  on Connie between the Main st bridge and the railroad trestle

the"hiking/camping/fishing" thread reminded of that duud

maybe 15  years ago??  he was living there in a makeshift tent of tarps and blankets  strung over a rope tied between two trees .
While he was away for the day (doing whatever homeless wanderers do) his dog tied to a tree guarded the bivouac with menacing barks as it tugged on it's tether trying to reach anyone walking on the path

I don't know how long he lived there..... "weeks" at least  ..can't recall if Spring or Fall
I talked to him one day he happened to be  "home"
he didn't look like the typical "drug addicted" hopeless homeless person or the "mountain prospector" looking mental illness anti-social type homeless person either ...he appeared rather "normal"  and was well spoken.

If i recall right, he told me his father was a doctor and mom was a collage professor ? (or some other type professional )
No estranged relationship with them, he simply "chose"  that lifestyle and when he was tired of being "on the road" he'd wire them for money for a bus ticket to get home

i know some of us have been fishing  lower  Connie for awhile, anyone else remember him?

..L.T.A.

post edited by genieman77 - 2012/11/05 17:48:38

1 Reply Related Threads

jagfly/666
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 42
    • Reward points: 0
    Re:anyone remember the duud that lived on Connie? 2012/11/05 19:00:47 (permalink)
    Yup, was a good dude. He told me he was going to get a job and leave city was on his back
    Jump to: