Morning hunt with my 9 year old daughter

Author
Noplacelikehome
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 774
  • Reward points: 0
2007/12/27 19:58:44 (permalink)

Morning hunt with my 9 year old daughter

Took my daughter out this morning. Saw about 12 squirrels, 3 rabbits. Had to quit because of hail. She loved every minute! She missed one squirrel. But you would of thought she shot her limit. Had a great time and we even got a little exercise. We have to get our(all of us!!) kids outside. I know its tough to beat the video games and T.V. but we have to try!!! On a bad note I found a very nice 6 pt dead. I hope he died from a car crash. Really bugged me because I passed up 3 legal bucks this year, hoping they would get a little older. At least she will have a good memory to think about when she gets older. Tomorrow I chase rabbits again! Good luck to those of us that actually go into the woods or fields! We hunted in Southern Lycoming Co.

4 Replies Related Threads

parker31
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 118
    RE: Morning hunt with my 9 year old daughter 2007/12/27 23:20:35 (permalink)
    sounds like a great day man
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: Morning hunt with my 9 year old daughter 2007/12/28 07:02:04 (permalink)
    Good job getting the young one involved. Got a few more years before I can get my little guy out.

Hunted rabbits with the bow yesterday. Saw 5 got 1 shot and missed.

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

dpms
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3509
    RE: Morning hunt with my 9 year old daughter 2007/12/28 07:35:52 (permalink)
    Finally!!  Someone taking a kid out squirrel hunting.  Pa. has endless hunting opportunities for our youth.  Unfortunately, many complain about not seeing deer and how it is impossible to get our youth interested with fewer deer to hunt.

Hogwash I say.  Kudos to you for taking a young one hunting and may you and her enjoy the many good times ahead. 
    Jim_R
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 112
    RE: Morning hunt with my 9 year old daughter 2007/12/28 09:35:02 (permalink)
    Agreed.  Started my boy hunting squirrels last year on the mentored hunt program after several years of him toting along watching and learning.  Still teaching him each time we go out.  He shot a nice fox squirrel on the last day of the middle season.  It fell in the creek, he had to chase it down stream a ways.  We skinned it out nice and careful drying the hide with the claws, tail and face on it, he's gonna have an interesting trophy on his wall to remind him of that day.

Jim_R

"There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind."

"The angling fever is a very real disease and can only be cured by the application of cold water and fresh, untainted air."
    Jump to: