Situation with PGC

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Situation with PGC 2012/01/24 07:21:18 (permalink)
Actually the Game Commission deputies are among some of the best-trained officers in the state. Even in the old days before the more intense deputy training many of the Game Commission deputies were better trained than many and perhaps even most of the municipal police officers across this state.

The reason deputies made more arrests than the WCOs had nothing to do with being overzealous. They made more arrest than the WCOs because the WCOs spend most of their time dealing with everything from the administrative duties to citizen complaints or doing educational programs and have very little time to do law enforcement. The deputies on the other hand were the backbone of the Game Commission law enforcement program.

When the deputy program became so intensely scrutinized and criticized many of the most actively deputies simple said the heck with it, it wasn’t worth the aggravation and quit.

"IF" the deputies were some of the best trained officers in the state as you say, then they would not have been so intensely scrutinized and the laws wouldn't have been changed regarding their actions and responsibilites. It was a low paying job but one that gave the deputys a lot of power and in too many cases that power was abused. Many took the job for the right reasons but too many more did not. Changing the rules and requirements weeded out some of the latter.
akitadog
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 977
RE: Situation with PGC 2012/01/24 07:36:37 (permalink)
somebody mentioned about sheds and skulls found. if there is not a tag on it, they can take it. just this past week i heard of a guy shooting a big buck on the last sat. of the second archery season. he couldnt find it. he went out sun. and found the buck. he tagged it. he filled out the tag for sun, the day he found it, he then took it to the taxidermist. a couple days later the pgc stopped by the taxidermist, not because of that deer but just for a stop to check on things which they do now and again. to make along story short as of now, the guy that shot the buck had his bow and hunting gear confiscated and has been sited for poaching, and the taxidermist had his shop shut down and lisence suspended. the pgc insist on this guy shot this buck on sunday because thats how he filled the tag out.
Big Tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1882
RE: Situation with PGC 2012/01/24 07:50:13 (permalink)
Thats his fault,who would be that stupid to put Sunday on a tag.
Ironhed
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1892
RE: Situation with PGC 2012/01/24 08:22:10 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: akitadog

somebody mentioned about sheds and skulls found. if there is not a tag on it, they can take it. just this past week i heard of a guy shooting a big buck on the last sat. of the second archery season. he couldnt find it. he went out sun. and found the buck. he tagged it. he filled out the tag for sun, the day he found it, he then took it to the taxidermist. a couple days later the pgc stopped by the taxidermist, not because of that deer but just for a stop to check on things which they do now and again. to make along story short as of now, the guy that shot the buck had his bow and hunting gear confiscated and has been sited for poaching, and the taxidermist had his shop shut down and lisence suspended. the pgc insist on this guy shot this buck on sunday because thats how he filled the tag out.

LMAO!

Ironhed

Blacktop Charters
doubletaper
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3977
RE: Situation with PGC 2012/01/24 08:35:16 (permalink)
so you guys that hit a deer and track and find your deer at night. what day and time do you  put on the tag before moving the carcass?
the day you found it or the day you shot it if it is different?
do you write down the time you shot it or the time you found it?

i wonder what the correct answer is accord. to the PGC so there isn't a harassment or accusation by the PGC and what comes along with it?

http://streamsidetales.bl...015/05/helles-yea.html
it's not luck
if success is consistent 

S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
RE: Situation with PGC 2012/01/24 08:44:36 (permalink)
If that actually happened as stated it should never make it past the first court hearing. Hell, if it happened as stated cooler/smarter heads should prevail before it ever goes to court.
Big Tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1882
RE: Situation with PGC 2012/01/24 08:52:11 (permalink)
Neither just drag it out un tagged. No really if I shot it late in the day and found it after dark I would put down time I shot it.Thats just me,I've shot a few archery deer at deer time,last moments of shooting light and backed out and returned a couple of hours later and retrieved my deer and tagged them time of SHOT not time of finding them,I don't know what wrong or right.I do know I left my bow at home while looking for my deer.It would be hard to prove you where poaching a deer with no weapon.
doubletaper
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3977
RE: Situation with PGC 2012/01/24 09:02:27 (permalink)
i've always done the same  BT, if i find my deer after shooting hours. if i find my deer the next morning and it's still legal to hunt that day i tag it for the day and time i found it. like you say, what's right or wrong is anyones' guess at this point.

http://streamsidetales.bl...015/05/helles-yea.html
it's not luck
if success is consistent 

DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4894
RE: Situation with PGC 2012/01/24 10:07:29 (permalink)
There is a wide chasm of difference between those that know they were in the wrong, like the incidents that RSB shared, and those that thought they were doing right, like the incidents that the other posters put forth.  In the former, those involved knew they were in the wrong and their silence only changed the degree and extent of punishment.  In the latter, taking action to make sure they were in the right because they didn't know they were in the wrong, turned them into blatent game law violators.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: Situation with PGC 2012/01/24 10:23:22 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: akitadog

I"m not positive but hasn't the law changed on the tag being with the head ?

I thought the tag could be removed from the horns at the taxidermist now...

I'm with you fellas, always filled tag out for the time of the shot. Same with the next day recovery, if it's a legal hunting day then that would be it.

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

draketrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1577
RE: Situation with PGC 2012/01/24 10:49:42 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: ridgehunter

ORIGINAL: RSB

I have a case pending right now where I can prove, with witnesses and store surveillance video that two felons got into a truck with a rifle on the front seat. I can also prove that a deer was shot from that truck at about 4:00 am while a passenger was casting a spotlight over the roof of the truck and that they loaded the deer in the truck before they ran out of gas. I ended up with the truck impounded after they abandoned it, getting a search warrant and processing it for evidence.

Neither one of them are talking at all either.

Forcing me to prove his involvement instead of manning up is going to get end up with his being charged with both the summary and felony plus having to pay for a lot of very expensive lab fees if he is convicted and then there is the mandatory five years in prison for a felon being in possession of a firearm.

R.S. Bodenhorn

I'm surprised that you didn't say "when he is convicted" instead of saying "if he is convicted" since you have witnesses and store surveillance video, and can prove that they killed this deer jacklighting?

I suppose even with all the evidence, conviction is questionable unless they just fess up.

follow-up question

based on a couple of assumptions:

If you get a conviction, then Joe Felon will have earned multiple strikes.

Good chance that the probability of him making financial restitution after he gets out is in the neighborhood of a snowball's chance in Haydes; since he most likely will not find gainful, legal employment and will end up on public assistance and/or working on the dark-side where judgements & liens mean squat.

In such an instance, does the PGC eat the "expensive lab fees" out of their own budget derived from license fees?

or

Are they transferred to a general LE budget, where we the taxpayers eat the CSI costs?

retired guy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3107
RE: Situation with PGC 2012/01/24 11:36:39 (permalink)
Thanks RS- kinda thought it would end up bein that way.
ridgehunter
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 627
RE: Situation with PGC 2012/01/24 11:42:40 (permalink)
I can't speak for all county courts in Pa., but I know that if your restitution isn't paid in full here in Allegheny Co when it's due, they Will lock you up.
treesparrow
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 651
RE: Situation with PGC 2012/01/24 22:55:16 (permalink)
Darbys+++++++how true!
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to: