New dipsy diver size from LUHR Jenson

Author
Dream Catcher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1567
  • Reward points: 0
2007/12/10 10:46:16 (permalink)

New dipsy diver size from LUHR Jenson

Luhr Jenson makes a #3 magnum diver that is an inch larger than the #1 . Has anyone used these trolling yet ? How did they work for you? Picked up two to help vary my spread . Please share any experiences you've had with these or thought on thier performance. DO you think the large size is too big to run out the planer boards? Thanks - DC

4 Replies Related Threads

Carpet Bagger
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1834
    RE: New dipsy diver size from LUHR Jenson 2007/12/12 12:12:03 (permalink)
    Its not that new...Been out for 2 years now i think??

Not necessary on Lake Erie.  The size 1 big dipsy is easy enough to get down 60'+ when trolling walleye or steelhead.  You can make it even touch the bottom in any point of the lake if u go slow enough and let out enough line...  All summer long we never targeted a fish under 60ft.

It is basically for the guys on the very deep lakes who often fish baits deeper than 70ft.  Michigan, Ontario, ect.

The large size is too large to run off boards unless you have made some kind of modification to your planer boards where they pull extremly hard...

CB
    I never thought I'd say this, but I love my Sport-Craft!
    Dream Catcher
    Pro Angler
    RE: New dipsy diver size from LUHR Jenson 2007/12/12 13:05:07 (permalink)
    Thanks I only bought two of them & I'll run them close to the boat. I do need to find a good set of boards if you know where I can look? Someone had a link to Amish Outfitters ???? My buddy wants me to pattern his boards & make a pair out of wood but I don't know. Like you said they have to be able to pull dipsys . Thanks .. DC
    heinzhouse01
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 18
    RE: New dipsy diver size from LUHR Jenson 2007/12/18 19:05:23 (permalink)
    DC,

I currently have a couple of dozen of the number 3s.  I use them mostly on Lake Ontario when pulling for Kings, but also use them in the spring on Erie dragging near the bottom for Lake Trout.  I found that the work best on my Ugly Stick trolling rods because they pull really, really, hard.  I never had a real reason to use them for eyes due to the number 1s digging deep enough to hit the fish.  With the right line set up, you can get close to 100 feet down on the 3 setting. 

Heinzhouse
    Dream Catcher
    Pro Angler
    RE: New dipsy diver size from LUHR Jenson 2007/12/19 08:52:32 (permalink)
    What time of year / area do you fish of Ontario? Niagra Bar , Olcott ??? We fished late August this year was my first time. Didn't pull a single king on a dipsy ??? All came off the downriggers I don't know that's fishing!
    Jump to: