Clear Creek and 2F

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Clear Creek and 2F 2011/12/13 15:54:43 (permalink)
nothing to do with Math... I never professed to be great at it anyhow

Just tired of guys challenging me on stuff that I post and they can't even read or post what I said...

I'll let them have their fun ... and post their BS ... let them control what is on the board and in the discussions and in getting thread locked..

at least by ignoring them I will not get banned for correcting them ... MAYBE !!!!
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/12/13 15:57:12
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4894
RE: Clear Creek and 2F 2011/12/13 18:39:25 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

Just where does this guy come up with this stuff ... he throws percentages and compares apples to oranges alot but I guess his reading is not as good as his other knowledge ...

I can't get over how he just "makes stuff up" to challenge me ...

here is EXACTLY what I posted....
we had aweful warm weather here except for the last 2.5 days... most days were in the mid to high 40s...

and here is what he made up that I posted ...

Can you explain why having two "warm" days out of a possible 12 firearms hunting days (17%) has such a detrimental affect on the PA harvest (kill, whatever) results

UNBELIEVABLE !!!!

As for the second post.. RSB already explained that.. the PGC has the info down to townships etc.. but they can only use that to help determine how many tags to issue for the entire WMU.. as mentioned.. they can not control where a hunter goes any given year within a WMU..

I hunt here in Polk township ( hunting at home), spring creek if at one clear creek spot, snyder or warsaw township if hunting SGL#54, millstone, heath, spring creek all spots in Clear creek but different townships....

so the PGC has no idea where I might fill my tag until I send it in, and many years it is different from the past year township of harvest.... but all in 2F ...

Time for me to ignore this guy completely ...

Here is the problem , Doc, what you posted is wrong.  Your information comes form what you thought you observed.

My stats come from comparing the average DAILY temperature, not just the high temperature for the day like you were incorrectly thinking, because hunters aren't just out during the highest temperature of the day. As an example, last Saturday got up to 44 here, which is an above average high for the day, but at daybreak it was 14, which is below the average low and in total the average daily temperature was higher than Saturday's.  There were two days in the firearms season, at least around here, that the average daily temperature was significantly higher than the average daily temperature.

Ain't facts, stats, and math a b!tch when they counter act "what you wrote."

So, care to answer the question -- "Can you explain why having two "warm" days out of a possible 12 firearms hunting days (17%) has such a detrimental affect on the PA harvest (kill, whatever) results, yet having four out of seven firearms hunting days (57%) in Ohio of all day deluge rains that caused widespread flooding translates into "hunting isn't good in Ohio" based on the harvest (kill, whatever) results?"
post edited by DarDys - 2011/12/13 18:40:21

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
RE: Clear Creek and 2F 2011/12/13 20:27:57 (permalink)
FYI.. we have only had "teens" twice since last winter here where I live.. and one of those was yesterday morning.. no accumulation of snow yet at all, one dusting that last an hour after sun up, I have only had to scrape frost from the windshield twice since October....

Opening morning (Monday) it was 34 at 5:30am while I was outside having a smoke.. at noon when I came up for lunch it was 54....

I was basing the "too warm" on what I observed and what others were telling me... sit still and get chilly.. get up to move and start sweating.. thus hunters did not move nor did the deer..

it is/was what is was here..

maybe, just maybe, you had different weather where you were.. remember the weather is not the same for the whole state ..

So go on pretending you know everything about the weather here where I live whan I say it was warm .. but it is what it is.. weather you like it or not.. IT WAS TOO WARM for good deer hunting in my area of 2F for rifle season 2011..............
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/12/13 20:41:54
DarDys
Pro Angler
RE: Clear Creek and 2F 2011/12/14 07:54:43 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

FYI.. we have only had "teens" twice since last winter here where I live.. and one of those was yesterday morning.. no accumulation of snow yet at all, one dusting that last an hour after sun up, I have only had to scrape frost from the windshield twice since October....

Opening morning (Monday) it was 34 at 5:30am while I was outside having a smoke.. at noon when I came up for lunch it was 54....

I was basing the "too warm" on what I observed and what others were telling me... sit still and get chilly.. get up to move and start sweating.. thus hunters did not move nor did the deer..

it is/was what is was here..

maybe, just maybe, you had different weather where you were.. remember the weather is not the same for the whole state ..

So go on pretending you know everything about the weather here where I live whan I say it was warm .. but it is what it is.. weather you like it or not.. IT WAS TOO WARM for good deer hunting in my area of 2F for rifle season 2011..............

So, what you are saying is while it may have been "too warm" where you live, based on your observation and not readily available weather data which may portray a very different picture, it might not have been elsewhere?  Gee, then I guess the harvest should not have been affected everywhere by too warm temperatures, so your sweeping statement is quite false.  On the other hand, it did deluge rain across the majority (if not all) of Ohio duirng four of their seven days, yet for some reason that has no affect in your opinion.

Just as a question on "too warm" -- what is too warm in Texas, New Mexico, Alabama, Georgia, or basically any states below the Mason-Dixon line demarcation?  From your take on things, they should never harvest (kill, whatever) any deer in those areas because it is always too warm.

Oh, they don't hunt deer in those areas like we do here in PA.  News flash, not all PA hunters hunt like you do and there are many that the warmer temperatures actually helps, not hurts.

Using your lack of logic, I guess PA might as well cancel archery, the early muzzleloader season, and the early junior/senior seasons because I can pretty much tell you it was warmer for all those seasons (with the possible exception of the freak October one day snow) that it was for the 2011 firearms season.

DarDys
Pro Angler
RE: Clear Creek and 2F 2011/12/14 10:25:56 (permalink)
By the way, a quick check of weather websites shows that the average weekly temperature in DuBois for the first week of the 2011 firearms season was 40 degrees.  The average weekly temperature for the second week was 37 degrees.  So the average weekly temperature 38.5 degrees.  Looking at historical data for DuBois, the average monthly (I didn't bother to spnd the time ot look for the weekly and monthly was easily obtained)temperature for November is 40 degrees.  The average monthly temperature is 28 degrees.  So the average temperature for November and December is 34.4 degrees.  Admittedly, the early part of November would be warmer than the latter, thereby skewing the data to the warm side when compared with the last part of the last week of the month, but in the same token, the latter part of December is much colder than the first week and a hlaf and would skew the monthly average toward the cold side.  In other words, it is proably a wash and for ballpark figure purposes, the monthly averages are probably close enough.

What those silly numbers mean is this -- the average temperature for the 2011 firearms season in Doc's neck of the woods was 38.5 degrees while the historical average is 34.4 degrees for a difference of a whopping 4.5 degrees.

Now that I look at the data, I can see where this would have a more detrimental affect on the harvest numbers in PA than owuld four our of seven days of deluge rain in Ohio.  NOT!

S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
RE: Clear Creek and 2F 2011/12/14 11:44:18 (permalink)
It was a bit warmer around my area than some first days I remember. What it meant was I stayed out all day instead of coming in for a bowl of my wife's chili to warm up as I sometimes do when it is really cold.
DarDys
Pro Angler
RE: Clear Creek and 2F 2011/12/14 12:37:54 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: S-10

It was a bit warmer around my area than some first days I remember. What it meant was I stayed out all day instead of coming in for a bowl of my wife's chili to warm up as I sometimes do when it is really cold.

Well, there you go then.  Staying out all day instead of going in probably affected your success.  Who knows, you might have chased a deer to yourself had you gone in.

S-10
Pro Angler
RE: Clear Creek and 2F 2011/12/14 13:50:10 (permalink)
Actually it did affect my success, instead of going 9 hours without seeing so much as a tail I stayed out and went 10.
BloodyHand
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2134
RE: Clear Creek and 2F 2011/12/14 18:42:30 (permalink)
Lets get sumptin straight here. There are only 2 ways to hunt deer here in PA. One way is to take to the woods with a ship ton of other hunters and get them there sewer rats runnin. The other way is to hunt them on the natural. If yinz dont have no pressure where you hunt you gotta hunt em on the natural. that means LEAVE your cigarettes at the house! We schedule all of our hunts around pressure and non-pressure situations. Warmer, colder, dont mean jack squat IMO.

BH
S-10
Pro Angler
RE: Clear Creek and 2F 2011/12/14 19:16:52 (permalink)
We schedule all of our hunts around pressure and non-pressure situations. Warmer, colder, dont mean jack squat IMO.

BH

totally agree with the exception being if the colder weather brings tracking snow, then it's my whites and hiking boots.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: