ticks ticks ticks

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Flying Fish
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 240
  • Reward points: 0
RE: ticks ticks ticks 2011/12/01 16:10:44 (permalink)
2D(Armstrong County)is bad too! My buck had too many on it to even begin to count.
CrossForkWookie
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 164
RE: ticks ticks ticks 2011/12/01 16:36:31 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

Get a little liquid soap, hand soap, dish washing soap, or whatever you have, dip a Q tip into the soap then pressing down gently rub the Q tip in a circular counter clockwise circle around the tick until it backs out. Usally takes only a couple minutes and the tick "backs out"

And all along I've been using the CLOCKWISE swirl motion. Didn't know it made a difference. huh.

Pork
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1419
RE: ticks ticks ticks 2011/12/01 16:59:04 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: CrossForkWookie

Get a little liquid soap, hand soap, dish washing soap, or whatever you have, dip a Q tip into the soap then pressing down gently rub the Q tip in a circular counter clockwise circle around the tick until it backs out. Usally takes only a couple minutes and the tick "backs out"

And all along I've been using the CLOCKWISE swirl motion. Didn't know it made a difference. huh.

no no no
Lefty-loosey Wookie.

"If you ever get hit with a bucket of fish, be sure to close your eyes." ><)))*>
Over the Hill
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2382
RE: ticks ticks ticks 2011/12/01 20:00:35 (permalink)
Tweezers (good fine pointer type) grasp very close to skin and pull. Follow up with anti-biotic. The tick needs to regurgitate the disiease into ones blood to be infected. As said above, don't do anything to make them "back out" on their own.

OVER THE HILL

Some people are like slinky's; not really good for anything, but, they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs...
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
RE: ticks ticks ticks 2011/12/01 21:06:45 (permalink)
According to DuBois ER doctor grabbing with tweezers does exactly like you said.. it causes them to regurgitate as you are pulling them out........
upland310
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 32
RE: ticks ticks ticks 2011/12/01 22:37:22 (permalink)
The number of ticks is unreal they are every were. I found this thing called a tick twister the greatest thing i have ever used for removing ticks. Its shaped like a ? with a slot in the end just slide over the tick and twist and lift gets head and all. Its cost about $8. Give it a try wish I invented it.
psu_fish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3105
RE: ticks ticks ticks 2011/12/02 20:36:25 (permalink)
woodnickle
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8511
RE: ticks ticks ticks 2011/12/02 21:10:26 (permalink)
A mechanics mirrow works well to see area,s that you need to look...O...:)

BIGHEAD
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 670
RE: ticks ticks ticks 2011/12/04 06:42:20 (permalink)
I had 2 on me this past week of hunting all time first for me. thought one was just Jagger but turn out to be a tick when I scratch it out. I just pinch the other one out,and got the whole thing legs and all. I have been in the woods all my life and never got a tick,and butchering a ton of deer.
draketrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1577
RE: ticks ticks ticks 2011/12/04 21:32:10 (permalink)
forgot to mention b4 - besides using Sawyers Tick Pray with permithine, I also wear some type of Under-Armour leotard under my hunting pants with elastic bottoms that securely wrap around my socks. I don't care for stuffing my pants legs inside socks or boots.

RhnstnCowboy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2583
RE: ticks ticks ticks 2011/12/04 21:48:35 (permalink)
I also wear some type of Under-Armour leotard

Wow, a leotard.

Like this one?
post edited by RhnstnCowboy - 2011/12/04 21:50:30

"Part of being a Leftist is the smug conviction that you and people like you are smart, while everyone else is stupid and/or evil"
- T. Fleming
draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: ticks ticks ticks 2011/12/04 22:07:14 (permalink)

my UA's are black, but I got a pair of Columbia greys that are'nt as tight.

draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: ticks ticks ticks 2011/12/04 22:08:44 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: draketrutta

my UA's are black, but I got a pair of Columbia greys that are'nt as tight.

p.s. - I tried to post your pic for you -nogo on the redx fix...Did you yank that pic off a pron site???

RhnstnCowboy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2583
RE: ticks ticks ticks 2011/12/05 08:21:59 (permalink)
p.s. - I tried to post your pic for you -nogo on the redx fix...Did you yank that pic off a pron site???

The picture was viewable for about an hour and then disappeared. I know less than shinola about the interstate, so I have no idea why it disappeared...

"Part of being a Leftist is the smug conviction that you and people like you are smart, while everyone else is stupid and/or evil"
- T. Fleming
treesparrow
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 651
RE: ticks ticks ticks 2011/12/05 21:18:32 (permalink)
The bad news fellas is that these little pests are going to be with us from now on. They are an introduced species first found on an island off the New England coast in the 1920's. They were said to be an infestation at that time on the Island. Come the 40's and 50's they began to appear in areas of New England and wa-la here we go. Sure takes some of the fun out of the woods. We are just seeing the beginingof our infestation here in NW PA.
DanesDad
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3087
RE: ticks ticks ticks 2011/12/12 02:22:45 (permalink)
I must be lucky, I never seem to get them. I must leave a bad taste in their mouths, an effect I have on many people as well.
benthook62
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 83
RE: ticks ticks ticks 2012/01/09 22:28:46 (permalink)

According to DuBois ER doctor grabbing with tweezers does exactly like you said.. it causes them to regurgitate as you are pulling them out........

you want to grab them by the head with tweezers.......if you squeeze the ticks whole body it will regurgitate.....most doctors dont know that....one should always get a round of antibiotics for a embedded tick....

yes there are lyme patients today being treated with ivermectin which is used for heartworms in dogs....doctors on the front lines are not calling it lyme disease today it is tick soup.....just the last 2 years they have found many different bacteria and viruses...in ticks....it is a bioterroristic level 2 disease....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyme_disease
Delayed or inadequate treatment can lead to the more serious symptoms, which can be disabling and difficult to treat.[7] Lyme disease is a biosafety level 2 disease. click on biosafety...for discription...in the second or third paragraph it tells of the labs in Fort Detrick...

Lab 257 is a good book on lyme disease....a german scientist was brought over to run the program of putting the diseases in ticks.....on plum island in the 50s i think....he was killed as soon as he returned to germany...plum island is not on a map its between Connecticut...and new york where the first cases of lyme were discovered...
the disease is just meant to cripple humans and animals so the cost skyrockets....lyme disease patients costs the US government billions of dollars a year...the USA was going to use it on other countries..a ferryboat which transported workers severed a underwater electric cable and the air seals around the doors did not work...the birds with embedded ticks escaped and went to mostly Lyme Connecticut...and ..ny...central park

so dont pinch them...use the tweezers...and do not put vasoline..or anything on the tick it will go into shock and puke its germs in you as trout says...do not try to burn them out either...good tweezers and grabbing the head will do the trick...
seems if you eat garlic it keeps them away so feeding hounds...dogs... garlic capsules does work as  used it on mine for years...as far as the hunter...not sure if the game likes the smell...
post edited by benthook62 - 2012/01/10 10:35:49
bubbaman
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 239
RE: ticks ticks ticks 2012/01/13 11:09:43 (permalink)
How often do you howl at the moon ?
retired guy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3107
RE: ticks ticks ticks 2012/01/13 12:19:27 (permalink)
  Lemme get this straight- are you sayin that Lyme disease was a govt program to infest people and animals ???
  Hey did ya hear bout that NASA  moon walk that was really filmed  in the Nevada desert- or that the Twin towers thing was really a govt conspiracy???
  AHHHHOOOOO woof woof WAHOOO

draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: ticks ticks ticks 2012/01/13 13:34:31 (permalink)
Plum island does exist - and they do some pretty nasty biological experiments on monkeys there too. I don't doubt the abilities of our govt when it comes to diabolical schemes.

want another conspiracy theory RT?

many moons ago certain "govt authorities" decided to flood the inner cities with crack cocaine - intended to kill off the undesirable minorities. Too bad their plan backfired when the yellow-eyed crack dealer figured that honkies loved the stuff more than the Bruddas..

retired guy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3107
RE: ticks ticks ticks 2012/01/13 14:07:46 (permalink)
Hey Drake-
  As a narc for far too many years know some bout Crack-get right down to it its not much more than a pure form of cocaine creating  a faster response and faster addiction rate.
- Yes- Plumb does exist just like area 51. As a Ct resident it is well known and has been off limits for decades.
     Unfortunatly- like 51- it is a place of vast conspiracy theories for folks inclined that way. Its a small island for so much to be goin on there----
    BTW- your supposed to wear a tin foil cover over your head whenever out fishing near Plumb. They say it stops 'the rays' from gettin to your brain.
  I never wore the foil when Striper and blue fishing there- -thats probably the problem---
  -Ate the fish too. Never affected me personally but after feeding the scraps to my cat it grew real big teeth and chased down Yotes.

BTW- in all seriousness -recent fun aside- the place was one of 'animal research and experimentation' for years. Military issues were involved too till stopped many years ago. All kind of conspiracy theories and stories have evolved as they so often do in a govt secret place where disease or military applications are investigated.
   Unfortunately it seems that all to often the 'urban legends' seem to carry on far longer that the realities in such places. Look it up on the Putor and there is a section in the history of the island specifically assigned to said conspiracy theories. That the need for such a section even exists shows how  those 'legends' have lived on.

Even more-
  Having fished a few feet (literally) from Plumb many times observed that it- like any island around there  (which is scarce) is full of Gulls waiting for baitfish to surface.  They also nest there in great numbers.
  The Gulls follow the bait up and down the coasts of Ct, RI and NY and LI as well- the conspiracy assumption that the birds from there somehow only go to Lyme Ct and NY Central park is pure hogwash.
      Ahhh -but it fits the conspirators need for the birds to have gone to where the disease was first discovered and named --  Lyme Ct.-real life is just what it is and blows apart said conspiracy results. But then the Urban Legends must go on and on and on and on --------------
post edited by retired guy - 2012/01/14 13:09:28
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: