West Ridge Fire Dept

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
KJH807
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4863
  • Reward points: 0
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/10 13:36:04 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: DarDys

ORIGINAL: KJH807

ORIGINAL: DarDys

Possibly not if it is designated as a trout stream...

walnut creek.... nothing "trout stream" about it

If it is stocked with hatchery trout it is.

Not so sure that designated trout stream pertains to stocked steelhead.

its not

it doesn't

spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/10 14:15:21 (permalink)
Walnut creek is NOT an "apporoved trout water".

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
SteelSlayer77
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 489
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/10 15:59:37 (permalink)
Possibly not if it is designated as a trout stream.

Quote from the stream descriptions page of this site:

"The Fish and Boat Commission stocks Walnut with steelhead, but not brown trout, and it is not an approved trout water."
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4913
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/10 16:07:10 (permalink)
Thank you.

Like I wrote, I did not know.

Carry on.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
swinger
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1376
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/10 20:08:38 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: PHOTOJIM

Today I e-mailed the fire department and I am waiting for a reply.  Someone should have to answer for what this individual did and I am sure the leaders at the fire department didn't know anything about it.

Really? So let me get this straight. If a father and a son come low hole me on my local waters and the father said I didnt know I was in the wrong even though he did know. It is OK for me to track down his boss at his place of work and complain to him about how one of his employees low holed me? I dont think the guy did anything wrong. 6 wheeler and mud and water. What P A E N would not love that combo? Sounds to me like a P A E N being a P A E N. Grow up guy.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
genieman77
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2534
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/10 20:28:37 (permalink)

This area is part of
Asbury Woods Nature Center
I am sure they would not be happy either.

I know you might be bummed cause the duud ran thru the  hole, but any steel that he might of scattered , more than likely (almost a sure thing as low and clear as it was on Sat) would of  cruised right back to the same spot 2 minutes after the wake cleared .

and believe it or not, if they weren't biting so well before the armor rolled thru, they very well may of started biting after he stirred up things ....fo-reel

as one of my favorite poster's Young GurOO says,

"they're just dum fish"

..L.T.A.
PHOTOJIM
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 107
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/10 22:13:55 (permalink)
Being self employed for over 30 years and at one point maxing out at 15 employees I want to know what the people under me are doing if it is something that affects my liability.  Testing equipment with a cargo of very young kids???

Second lying to everyone involved is what got him into the trouble.  He told me he had the OK from the fish commission.  I know they would not do that.  He lied to the people at Ashbury and he lied to the Fire chief.  He drove behind me and apologized for disturbing me then he drove through the hole in front of me. Then when I confronted him up stream he lied to me in front of the kids. He lied to the Fish Commission. Three people reported him before I did I was not the only one. The guy thought because he came with a fire truck he could do anything he wanted to well NOT.

We all screw up at some time and I found that when ever I do if I admit it and try to correct the situation things go well if you lie to keep out of trouble it only gets worse.
woodnickle
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8537
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/10 23:10:35 (permalink)
Should have took pixs and gave it to the fire cheif and threaten to go to the city about this.

pikepredator2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 953
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/11 02:26:39 (permalink)
  It'd be nice if we could track this person down and report him for unauthorized use of a position of authority. Think about it, if he were actually acting in a capacity for the fire dept. and testing a vehicle, he wouldn't have kids on the back of it, because if they got hurt wouldn't the fire dept's. workers comp insurance be liable? I'll be on the lookout for this guy. I usually keep my cell in the truck, but will start carrying it with me to report him immediately.  We really need an answer from the fire dept.
genieman77
Pro Angler
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/11 07:43:26 (permalink)
i think we should ruin his life for such a dastardly deed.
make him lose his job/career, have human services take his kids and publicly flog him for such a  heinous crime... 

guys, do you REALLY think it's THAT big of deal???

have any of YOU ever done anything stupid in your life and lied about it  to cover your azz???

get a f'king grip, fellows .....it's a dawgone shale bottom ditch they stuff full of fish so we can be Clark Van Fleet wannabes .
some cowboy rumbled  thru and  harshed your mellow ...BFD...get over it  and go fish

BTW, i bet the kids had ear to ear grins the whole ride .
stop being a bunch of old curmudgeons

..L.T.A.
just keep a few
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 50
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/11 08:50:40 (permalink)
...genieman77... It was you behind the wheel of the 6 wheeler wasn't it?
Skip16503
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4028
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/11 09:00:34 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: genieman77

i think we should ruin his life for such a dastardly deed.
make him lose his job/career, have human services take his kids and publicly flog him for such a  heinous crime... 

guys, do you REALLY think it's THAT big of deal???

have any of YOU ever done anything stupid in your life and lied about it  to cover your azz???

get a f'king grip, fellows .....it's a dawgone shale bottom ditch they stuff full of fish so we can be Clark Van Fleet wannabes .
some cowboy rumbled  thru and  harshed your mellow ...BFD...get over it  and go fish

BTW, i bet the kids had ear to ear grins the whole ride .
stop being a bunch of old curmudgeons

..L.T.A.

Well said they are only steelhead after all

cbeagler
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1811
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/11 11:15:21 (permalink)
Umm. The last I knew, West Ridge is a volunteer fire department. Unless something has changed...

Of course I used to race my Scout down streuchen flats.
post edited by cbeagler - 2011/11/11 11:16:19
Redfly2
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 21
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/11 11:33:22 (permalink)

I  decided to take a walk way up on Walnut cCreek on Saturday and when walking along the creek along comes an 8 wheeled ATV with a man driving, a young man in the passenger seat and a bunch of kids in the back. They came right up the middle of the creek twd. me and when he got to me he went behind me and apologized for disturbing my fishing but he was testing the ATV out for fire rescue and had permission from DEP and the Fish Commission to be in the creek. Now at this time I was a little disturbed but didn't say a lot, As I was walking up to a hole looking to see if any fish were in it he came around in front of me and drove right through the hole.

Now at that point I got a little ****ed off. I walked back to my car and on the way up I ran into them again and confronted him coming to the thought that they were just out for a joy ride. After coming out I decided to go to the Walnut Marina and ask them about it. On the way there I saw a Walnut Ridge Fire truck with a tailor parked down the road so I know he was a fireman with them. The Fish Warden was really ****ed that someone used them by saying they gave permission for this. They also had three other people complain to them about this. 

I think the thing that bothers me the most is this man  ( that is questionable he probably has a tiny **** and is trying to make up for it  ) sat there and lied to me in front of all of the kids in the ATV.  He showed that he was a big man and he could do anything he wanted.  How do we expect the kids to be respectable people when the adults do what they want to , lie about it and show no respect for other people let alone did he kill any Steel Head by driving over them in the creek.

OK I just wanted to blow off a little steam.

The only reason you got yanked was because somebody interfered with your fun by trying to have there own. 
Had you just been out walking you wouldn't of said a thing.     
It's the same old story, I can do what I want  but you can't.  

Was it your property ? If not you should mind your own business. If someone is bothering you, you have the option to walk away and go elsewhere.

You and your pals are calling everybody to lynch this guy all because he interupted your fun while just trying to have a little himself.  Who's causing the problem for someone now.  He screwed up one fishing spot on a creek loaded with fish for you so your gonna see to it at all cost that he gets totally F'd for it.

I can't help but wonder with all the complaints before yours to the fish warden and clear wrong doing by this individual, why the Warden was still there and not out tracking him down when you went to rat him out?    Hmmmm. 

Stop your whining...

draketrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1577
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/11 11:38:39 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: genieman77

it's a dawgone shale bottom ditch they stuff full of fish so we can be Clark Van Fleet wannabes

LMAO - that is the best description I ever read regarding the Erie TRibs...

Clark Van Fleeters that snag Practice-Dummy Steelhead. LOL

dano
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3032
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/11 11:40:49 (permalink)
PHOTOJIM
Avid Angler
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/11 12:14:47 (permalink)

The only reason you got yanked was because somebody interfered with your fun by trying to have there own.
It's the same old story, I can do what I want but you can't.

Was it your property ? If not you should mind your own business. If someone is bothering you, you have the option to walk away and go elsewhere.

You and your pals are calling everybody to lynch this guy all because he interupted your fun while just trying to have a little himself. Who's causing the problem for someone now. He screwed up one fishing spot on a creek loaded with fish for you so your gonna see to it at all cost that he gets totally F'd for it.

I can't help but wonder with all the complaints before yours to the fish warden and clear wrong doing by this individual, why the Warden was still there and not out tracking him down when you went to rat him out? Hmmmm.

Stop your whining...

When you call the fish commission you get an answering machine and he checks it when he gets free. Even at the Marina they dont have  a direct line.

OK redfly   next time you go fishing let me know where you are at and I will bring my kids and let them throw dynamite in the water near you but just remember it is not your property.
post edited by PHOTOJIM - 2011/11/11 12:15:42
Redfly2
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 21
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/11 12:52:24 (permalink)

It's the same old story, I can do what I want but you can't.

Was it your property ? If not you should mind your own business. If someone is bothering you, you have the option to walk away and go elsewhere.

You and your pals are calling everybody to lynch this guy all because he interupted your fun while just trying to have a little himself. Who's causing the problem for someone now. He screwed up one fishing spot on a creek loaded with fish for you so your gonna see to it at all cost that he gets totally F'd for it.

I can't help but wonder with all the complaints before yours to the fish warden and clear wrong doing by this individual, why the Warden was still there and not out tracking him down when you went to rat him out? Hmmmm.

Stop your whining...

When you call the fish commission you get an answering machine and he checks it when he gets free. Even at the Marina they dont have  a direct line.

OK redfly   next time you go fishing let me know where you are at and I will bring my kids and let them throw dynamite in the water near you but just remember it is not your property.

Your original post said that you went to the Walnut Marina to report this and that the Warden was really ****ed etc. etc. etc.    Now your saying you called?  Which was it actually?   

There is always someone on duty on Saturdays at the marina from 6am till 10pm until DEC 1st..   And they do have a direct line.

If the kids are small you should probably start them off with firecrackers, dynamite might be a little excessive.   I'll let you know and you can come fish with me with your kids,  I'll make room for them, better yet I'll give them my spot. 

PHOTOJIM
Avid Angler
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/11 13:34:04 (permalink)
Your original post said that you went to the Walnut Marina to report this and that the Warden was really ****ed etc. etc. etc. Now your saying you called? Which was it actually?

There is always someone on duty on Saturdays at the marina from 6am till 10pm until DEC 1st.. And they do have a direct line.

When I got back to my car I used my cell phone and called and left a message.  After that I went to the marina because there was a fish warden there earlier and talked to the young lady working there.  While I was there she called and left a message and told me that the number she uses to get a hold of them is the same number that I had called before.  I went to the restroom and the warden called her back.  He was calling about a report she called in about an hour before on a lady selling hotdogs in the parking lot.   I was still there when he called back so I waited.   She told me other people had already reported it to.

Riverbum
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 294
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/11 14:26:01 (permalink)
I dont have a dog in this fight, but...it amazes me that many of you blow a gasket on this forum when a "fellow angler" walks through your hole, high/low holes you or, god forbid, steps next to you and starts casting over your line; but you have no complaints about someone blowing through another angler's choice of creek with a motorized vehicle.

Hypocrites.

Was it illegal? possibly, but probaly not.

Was it disrespectful? Absoultely.

Should he be ratted out or should ya'll grab your pitchforks and torches? Uhhh...no there photojim.

"Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."~by Tony Blake~

"Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in. Its thin current slides away, but eternity remains."
~by Henry David Thoreau~

rollcaster
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1091
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/11 14:38:36 (permalink)

He was calling about a report she called in about an hour before on a lady selling hotdogs in the parking lot. 

LOL
PHOTOJIM
Avid Angler
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/11 15:33:15 (permalink)
Now if it was a guy marketing hot dogs that would be funny
gymi03
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 336
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/11 15:40:30 (permalink)

Not my Steelie but a reminder of why we are here...

tight lines.
post edited by gymi03 - 2011/11/11 15:41:05
Loomis
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2674
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/11 16:26:25 (permalink)
This is dumb, nobody cares, and Genieman owned everyone anyways.

There are plenty of places to fish for stekheads in Erie, just walk 10 feet up or downstream and find some more.

genieman77
Pro Angler
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/11 17:13:59 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Riverbum
it amazes me that many of you blow a gasket on this forum when a "fellow angler" walks through your hole, high/low holes you or, god forbid, steps next to you and starts casting over your line; but you have no complaints about someone blowing through another angler's choice of creek with a motorized vehicle.

Hypocrites.

I s'pose there may be  some validity to that  R'bum .
Not sure  if I've ever started  any pi$$ 'n moan threads regarding any of the above .
But being that I yak a lot and have been around here  for over tens years, I reckon it's possible

as my friend Tag (haven't seen on the site in years...hope he's doing well)  used to say,

"everyone's a hypocrite , it's just a matter of subject and degree"

here's the deal though, I  surely understand the duud  being bummed over the thing
but if he'd of waited two minutes for the water the settle , all the angst would of been behind him and he could of got on enjoying the rest of his day

to let something that seems trivial (to me)  ruin your whole****day to the point of stopping what you were doing, driving to the fishcop station , trying to find out what fire dept, then posting about it cause it's STILL eating at you,  etc etc etc....seems like such waste of what otherwise could of been a great day ... save for a few minutes that some inconsiderate individual crossed your path

life's too short, high blood pressure causes strokes and hi-blood pressure meds are hard on the kidneys

Live well
Laugh often
Love much

..L.T.A.
SmMouthSeeker
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 541
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/11 19:02:51 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Riverbum

I dont have a dog in this fight, but...it amazes me that many of you blow a gasket on this forum when a "fellow angler" walks through your hole, high/low holes you or, god forbid, steps next to you and starts casting over your line; but you have no complaints about someone blowing through another angler's choice of creek with a motorized vehicle.

Hypocrites.

Was it illegal? possibly, but probaly not.

Was it disrespectful? Absoultely.

Should he be ratted out or should ya'll grab your pitchforks and torches? Uhhh...no there photojim.

Off with their heads!!!
genieman77
Pro Angler
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/11 20:38:14 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: coldfront

life's too short, high blood pressure causes strokes and hi-blood pressure meds are hard on the kidneys

Live well
Laugh often
Love much

dang, genie, forget the guns and rods...you should be writing. nice work.

I shoud of quoted   "Live well  Laugh often  Love much", C'front

That's not mine.
I've seen it many times in many places .
It's a great credo that I personally subscribe to

..l.T.A.
genieman77
Pro Angler
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/11 21:12:36 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: coldfront

but the quote above it is yours, i assume. they both compliment each other well. and are true.

the hi blood pressure??
yea that's mine

BTW, did the spammer dude selling the chit have change for your large bills ??

..L.T.A.
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/11 22:29:03 (permalink)
I think you better stay in Ohio Genie. Cause over here happy people pizz us off.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
genieman77
Pro Angler
RE: West Ridge Fire Dept 2011/11/11 23:07:59 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: spoonchucker

I think you better stay in Ohio Genie. Cause over here happy people pizz us off.

I'm not always happy, Spoonie
My wife wants to buy  a new living rm suit  tomorrow

I can't convince  her that Big Lots has a large selection of fine furnishings .....

"but honey, we can buy a WHOLE SET  for the price of just one chair you were looking at   ..and STILL have money left over for the Chinese buffet"

..L.T.A.

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to: