Body of Proof Hunting Episode

Author
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4894
  • Reward points: 0
2011/09/28 08:43:59 (permalink)

Body of Proof Hunting Episode

While flipping through the channels last night, I came upon an ABC crime drama, “Body of Proof.”  Since the promo teased “was it a hunting accident or murder,” I decided to stop and give it a look.  Wow is all I can say.
The show is set in Philly, so it is PA based.  The scene opens with “hunters” gathering in the woods.  One has taken a shot at an “eight-point buck,” according to him and it went down in the draw.  The others quickly determine a plan on how to go after it.  Of course, when they do, three people end up shooting at it and one of the other hunters ends up dead.
While an interesting enough storyline, I turned it off after less than 10 minutes and here is why – basic, very basic research wasn’t done.
Since the “family” that was supposedly hunting together was characterized as a rich and powerful one, they were dressed in hound’s-tooth tweed sports coats, ala Orvis, but with the normal suede elbow patches replaced with blaze orange.  Each had at least one if not two blaze shoulder patches.  Only one hunter, a female had on a hat of any type, and it was a gray wool driver’s cap.  The only hunter that had on 250 inches of orange was one of the female hunters that had on orange skin tight pants – along with horse riding boots.  The males wore dress shirts under their jackets and the women wore blouses, the one who was shot wore a white, ruffled silk number.
One of the hunters was using a semi-auto rifle.
When a detective asked what the party was hunting, another answered that it could be anything, but was probably deer.
The trees were fully green.
And the real kicker was that they showed the deer several times – and it was a fallow deer, not a whitetail.
At least they all had proper backtags.
I know that Hollywood types don’t often get the hunting scenes correct – in “Hoffa,” Danny DeVito shoots a deer. that just hung out while their party of about six climbed a hill toward it while discussing, in not-so-hushed voices, organized crime with a snub-nosed revolver and in “The Deer Hunter,” the deer is not a whitetail either, but to get so much wrong when a simple call to the PGC could have given them all they needed to get it correct is inexcusable.
Then again, maybe it is accurate and these are the very large number of PA hunters that are blatant game law violators to which RSB and Doc are referring.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.

4 Replies Related Threads

bulldog1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5203
    RE: Body of Proof Hunting Episode 2011/09/28 09:55:23 (permalink)
    Coulda been hunting one of those fancy preserves....

I also watched it, mainly because I've always liked Dana Delaney, never thought about where it was, but thought it wasn't very well thought out. Perhaps I should invite her to sit with me on the first day, as long as she wears what she did in "East of Eden"...

DarDys
    Pro Angler
    RE: Body of Proof Hunting Episode 2011/09/28 12:37:37 (permalink)
    Exit.

retired guy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3107
    RE: Body of Proof Hunting Episode 2011/09/29 00:00:55 (permalink)
    They dont get it and never will and dont want to- -liberal antis - that said it wasnt bout the Hunting but the killing for the story line.
         I'll betcha if it was about a drug abuse case they woulda been stone cold pinpoint accurate- Its all about the  Hollywood folks limit of life experiences.
    DarDys
    Pro Angler
    RE: Body of Proof Hunting Episode 2011/09/29 07:31:33 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: retired guy

They dont get it and never will and dont want to- -liberal antis - that said it wasnt bout the Hunting but the killing for the story line.
       I'll betcha if it was about a drug abuse case they woulda been stone cold pinpoint accurate- Its all about the  Hollywood folks limit of life experiences.

I agree it wasn't about the hunting for the storyline, but I put such simply verifiable errors akin to showing the St. Louis arch while the story is set in New York,  a story set in the northwest and there are palm trees, or a plot set in the 70's and there is a Prius on the street.  IMDB is full of movie goofs, some are pretty funny, like digital watches on fighters in "Gladiator," but those types of things are minor and can slip by.  If you are going to use a hunting scene in PA as the premise for the story, at least try to get some of it right.  They got the backtag thing correct (even had a yellow PA license in it) and that should have been the easiest thing to goof since most states don't require one.

Jump to: