Scrambled Eggs

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
eagleed
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 425
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Scrambled Eggs 2011/08/09 09:59:12 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: dimebrite

ORIGINAL: waDerboy

Now now wade; id say more like 64.69999

River Cam says 65.47890

Eagle Ed
wednick
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 52
RE: Scrambled Eggs 2011/08/09 15:53:21 (permalink)
id go less that 60% maybe 50%. i see so many people spot a female in a "nest" and then immediately jump into the water and stand right on the nest. its the one true pet peeve i have outside of obvious snagging. think about it, its common sense, the fish are there to F*@( and die, if you wanna try and catch a female while shes in her "nest" then fine, but dont trample on the eggs and cack block the males.

and if you guys have never seen a female in a nest go down to pineville around the trestle pool and look at the shallow gravel areas.

"I wonder what fish smelled like before women started swimming?"
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
RE: Scrambled Eggs 2011/08/09 16:39:51 (permalink)
havent you read any text books ???? Most of the salmon spawn in the deep water... lol
little cleo...

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
retired guy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3107
RE: Scrambled Eggs 2011/08/09 17:07:40 (permalink)
   Watched an  old guy last year stand on shore till they started gettin active on a nest then he repeatedly staggered out and stood in  the middle of the nest looking all around for the fish to snag. Did it all afternoon- never hooked up anything -just kept stabbing a few feet from himself at the fish whenever he was out there.
  After a while an Atlantic bout 5 lbs actually 'took' his little green egg on the 1 or 2 hook while it dangled in the water a few feet behind the guy as he was peering into the bed. His grandkid was hopping around trying to land the darned thing and screwing it all up so I landed it for them.
  The guy was thrilled with his' Steelhead" and took it to mount- told him it was an Atlantic and he more or less told me I didnt know my fish. MAY have been 22 inches with a rubber band ruler.
   Figured it wasnt worth any more effort and left. How that guy caught an Atlantic right down in the mouth the 'right way' is amazin.
  Perhaps I'm just flustered as I havent been able to do it yet and that  idiot did.
dimebrite
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3207
RE: Scrambled Eggs 2011/08/09 17:12:15 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: hot tuna

havent you read any text books ???? Most of the salmon spawn in the deep water... lol
little cleo...

come on tuna; you've read all the books; a seasoned angler like yourself should know that a text book wouldn't tell ya that....

A near strike and a miss.... kast masters next time may result in a solid grab

Btw; in reference to your pm.... for pete sakes tuna, put the freakin hammer and tool belt down and let yourself heal. Take pride in the rooster you are and start pointing and telling some poor sap what to do. Its not worth the risk man...
im sorry to highlight this in the open board but hopefully some others will kick in and tell you to rest as well....

For further discussion of the secret spot.... we'll leave that to pm only
Did anyone say hijack?????
post edited by dimebrite - 2011/08/09 17:20:55
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
RE: Scrambled Eggs 2011/08/09 17:39:27 (permalink)
ya know i never caught a darn thing on those kast masters, EVER.. and honestly i hated reading books. most everything is from a learning experience.. know far to many "book" smart people who wouldnt get their hands dirty to save their lives.. but thats here nor there.. some books are cool esp the pictures ..
today i did put the tool belt down and the ice pack on.. just sat loading up the 160 gig i-pod with some new fishin tunes.. i am learning ( by experience) to type with 1 hand... sucks..

now if i could learn to stay clear of the ditch but off road is much more fun is it not?

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
retired guy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3107
RE: Scrambled Eggs 2011/08/09 17:56:42 (permalink)
Mentioned a week or so ago that I had got bored and started hanging sheetrock with a coupla dozen metal staples in my stomach bout 30 years ago ---WRONG---Still cramp now and then where I pulled the inside stitches.
post edited by retired guy - 2011/08/09 17:58:32
dimebrite
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3207
RE: Scrambled Eggs 2011/08/09 18:10:00 (permalink)
I got back in to spin fishing a few years back and I was pretty hooked on the smaller kast masters for a while there. I had a hard time finding a species that wouldn't slam it....
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: