RT & DB - any WateringHole reports?

Author
draketrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1577
  • Reward points: 0
2011/07/11 08:57:53 (permalink)

RT & DB - any WateringHole reports?

Since you two spend quite a bit of time up in the Greater Poooolaski Metropolitan Area,
I was wondering if you have taken any little road trips to the local watering holes we discussed awhile back?

e.g. -

Altmar Hotel
Williamstown Bar
Kaseog Bar
End Zone (lunatic fringe)

post up a report if you got one.

11 Replies Related Threads

retired guy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3107
    RE: RT & DB - any WateringHole reports? 2011/07/11 09:35:50 (permalink)
        Hate to admit it but I'm kinda like a hermit up there. Went to Kasoag one time and it was nice and went to that place downtown with the log siding a coupla times -that was nice too.
         Those three bar stops cover pretty much about 4 years of having a place there..--Yep--hermit.
       Back home my schedule is pretty much filled with family and Political stuff -meetings -meetings-meetings-its nice to just getaway and work on the yard where nobody bothers ya now and again.

draketrutta
    Pro Angler
    RE: RT & DB - any WateringHole reports? 2011/07/11 09:45:42 (permalink)
    I steet clear of Poolaski anymore, but I recall waking up to bright sunshine and a Killer hangover after finally escaping the confines of the End Zone bar,,

always have a good time at Kaseog - mostly in the winter months with the sledders.

These days its a happy hour gig and home to bed...

Gettin Old like you RT..
    wednick
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 52
    RE: RT & DB - any WateringHole reports? 2011/07/11 12:54:01 (permalink)
    Storytellers-Margaritas, the place on main street has been sold and may stay margaritas or change again but had horrendous food but good bar atmosphere, especially when they closed everynight at 10. End zone is still the end zone with good wings still. Ma Barkers is making a comeback with their monday burger specials and thursday ladies night that goes along with the centrals ladies night in sandy creek.

Riverhouse is still kickin and hopefully still serving my favorite of coors original, but i havent been in since last season so i may have to go check.

The only question in terms of watering holes is the former drift boat in across from mcdonalds. it was sold since last season and was open for a brief time late winter and early spring. didnt get a chance to go in but i believe it is closed for now, at least until salmon season starts.
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3207
    RE: RT & DB - any WateringHole reports? 2011/07/11 13:01:26 (permalink)
    hey nick, i think i remeber seeing a sign on the door about potential buyer inquiries on the door of the drift boat inn not too long ago. although that should be a good place; never seemed to ever make it more than a few months... maybe tony's salmon country left a permanent curse on it when they moved out...lol

as for watering holes; i hit the altmar, you guys place and the river house from time to time... kasoag once in a blue moon...

btw; altmar hotel seems to be doing well with the new ownership. burger and fries is still the same. also, seems all of the local staples have stuck around there and even a newer crowd is going as well...
    wednick
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 52
    RE: RT & DB - any WateringHole reports? 2011/07/11 13:08:44 (permalink)
    at the drift boat they had a sign for new ownership on the billboard. the previous owners had a very good steak topped with onions and mushrooms along with very nice setup to watch the yankees game, and also a homemade marinara sauce for chicken parm.

altmar hotel has a good local following, just like any small town you got people commited to one bar or all the bars in the area.
    pafisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3000
    RE: RT & DB - any WateringHole reports? 2011/07/11 14:10:31 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: dimebrite

hey nick, i think i remeber seeing a sign on the door about potential buyer inquiries on the door of the drift boat inn not too long ago. although that should be a good place; never seemed to ever make it more than a few months... maybe tony's salmon country left a permanent curse on it when they moved out...lol

as for watering holes; i hit the altmar, you guys place and the river house from time to time... kasoag once in a blue moon...

btw; altmar hotel seems to be doing well with the new ownership. burger and fries is still the same. also, seems all of the local staples have stuck around there and even a newer crowd is going as well...

I have n't been in the Altmar in a long time,their food was terrible.Has that improved with the new owners?I remember the fries in that place dripping with grease...yuuuk!
    For food it's Eddys,Ponderosa,and the place where the Log Cabin was,or if you want to drive a bit the Rainbow Shores.But then I go to Salmon Country to FISH,not fine dining:)
    retired guy
    Pro Angler
    RE: RT & DB - any WateringHole reports? 2011/07/11 14:35:07 (permalink)
    Used to go to the 'Golden Fishie' a lot to eat but like so much up there- gonzo.
      The bar next to Whitakers back when had a great burger and a fun although sometimes "rough round the edges"crowd -but they are gone too.
      Have been seeing a good crowd at the place in Altmar just South of the Bridge most any time of year either day or night  so they must be doing something right in there. Might try it .
    draketrutta
    Pro Angler
    RE: RT & DB - any WateringHole reports? 2011/07/11 15:20:20 (permalink)
    Busters? rough around the edges??

That place was chain-saw massacre place...

Riverhouse? Is that a new joint?

Altmar Hotel Locals were always a good time.

I think that Driftboat Inn was doomed from day 1 - too cosmospolitan for Poolaski.
    draketrutta
    Pro Angler
    RE: RT & DB - any WateringHole reports? 2011/07/11 15:22:42 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: pafisher

I remember the fries in that place dripping with grease...yuuuk!

I used to laugh when everyone boasted about those fries. If your car was low a quart you could squeeze a handful of fries over the filler tube and top it off.

My favorite at that place was a late breakfast - with beer...
    retired guy
    Pro Angler
    RE: RT & DB - any WateringHole reports? 2011/07/11 17:02:53 (permalink)
    Was that it--Busters-?
       I liked it - a bit calmer than some of the places here at home that I used to like but still lively enough to enjoy. AHHHH but I was young.

post edited by retired guy - 2011/07/11 18:49:20
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3207
    RE: RT & DB - any WateringHole reports? 2011/07/21 20:30:37 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: draketrutta

ORIGINAL: pafisher

I remember the fries in that place dripping with grease...yuuuk!

I used to laugh when everyone boasted about those fries. If your car was low a quart you could squeeze a handful of fries over the filler tube and top it off.

My favorite at that place was a late breakfast - with beer...

The place across the street has beer for early breakfast....

I wad up this past weekend and hit the Altmar hotel twice for food. The new owners seem to be doing a great job with the place. Im especially happy to see the burger is the same....
    Jump to: