Harness Storage

Author
Esox_Hunter
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2393
  • Reward points: 0
2011/06/27 19:53:19 (permalink)

Harness Storage

While I was trying to organize some tackle for my trip next week, I realized what a CF my harnesses have become.  I have been using pipe insulation....

I have seem some commercial harness storage systems available, does anyone have any experience with them?  Any suggestions to help me organize them without resulting in my usual tangled messes?

7 Replies Related Threads

bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: Harness Storage 2011/06/27 19:57:51 (permalink)
    I use the rubber ones. Can't remember the name.
    You can get them in 2 sizes that hold 6 or a dozen...The end caps come off and you can store extra blades inside.

Received some from Pork that were wrapped on those foam swimming noodles with golf tees to put the loop on. Works good also.

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

heyiknowyou
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1279
    RE: Harness Storage 2011/06/27 20:14:15 (permalink)
    bings is right on or you put each harness in its own single plastic tube with capped ends (with vent holes so they do not rust when wet)... not sure where you buy them though since they aren't mine

go back to spain
    11-12-11: the last time i got punched in the face
    Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2196
    RE: Harness Storage 2011/06/27 21:17:41 (permalink)
    We use the pool toy method, they are cheap and easy to find. Just cut them to the length most convenient for what you want to stash them in and get a pack of needles at the fabric store or WallMart that are used to do temp pinning for sewing (they have the larger bead head and are cheap to get a large pack)
    Space the pins along the length of the pool toy chunk and simply place the loop end of your harness over the pin head, pull the harness snuggly around it and dig the hooks into it to secure and it will prevent tangled messes.
    Cheap, easy and if you wanted to get really fancy you could use different colored pool toys for different sizes or styles of the lures... have fun.

Bogeyjoker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1704
    RE: Harness Storage 2011/06/27 21:19:03 (permalink)
    I use the noodles too. Pool noodles cut into 18" sections (or whatever length works for you), insert dowel into hole, drill holes through noodle and into dowel in a row about 3/4"-1" apart. The holes should be roughly the diameter of whatever golf tees you have...should be long enough for tee head to stick out at least 1/2". Dip end of tees into wood glue and tap into dowel with hammer if necessary.

Eyemaxx tackle boxes are the neatest storage solution, but take longer to put away.
    Esox_Hunter
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2393
    RE: Harness Storage 2011/06/27 21:34:50 (permalink)
    Thanks for the tips everyone!

FL and BJ, I was using pipe insulation with small dowels in it.  I guess I either missed the 'peg' concept or my execution was just horrible.   I like both of those ideas and will be trying them before I go spend more cash on more junk I don't really need.
    Like2Fish
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 121
    RE: Harness Storage 2011/06/27 22:46:10 (permalink)
    Good ideas from all, I use very small plastic zip-lock bags sold at the craft store. they are about 2"x3". They keep moisture out and you can put a zillion of them in a one gallon large zip lock freezer bag. Nice feature is you can sort thru them and see what you want, open one little baggie and your good to go.

REMEMBER "The toes you step on today may be connected to the AZZ you have to kiss tomorrow"
    eyegore
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 99
    RE: Harness Storage 2011/06/28 21:48:33 (permalink)
    This is what I came up with over this past winter.  I used a Stanley tool box and the large Tackle Buddy's.  The dividers are made from cutting boards that I purchased from Walmart.  Holds 15 tubes @ 135 harnesses or snells.

Jump to: