Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
dimebrite
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3207
  • Reward points: 0
2011/06/25 07:45:47 (permalink)

potential meeting

So guys; as many have hinted, it seems as if more than a few would like to have an outing this season. For the record, the only flesh id be intending on pressing is some others hand with mine for a friendly hand shake of a greeting lol... and for meet burning, I was referring to burgers and hoffmans hot dogs:) for the fishing; I mostly salmon fish dsr really; and majority of my fishing outings for them are between 8-15 and 9-15ish... but i do look forward to sharing water with some other guys in other areas of the river. I guess the next step would be planning the actual day/days. Id hate to see our friend jack be left out since he doesn't fish weekends :) for all interested, maybe this thread can be used to express ideas and opinions.
post edited by dimebrite - 2011/06/28 22:13:31

37 Replies Related Threads

ssgt12
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 155
    RE: potential meeting 2011/06/25 07:54:58 (permalink)
    this sounds interesting i would like to meet the people that are on this site seems like there are a lot of good people here more than likely i have met you on the river in passing but it would be nice to have a cup of coffee and a hand shake with you all im in pa and we come up from sept to april at least twice a month for a couple of days So maybe we can set up a date and place for us all to meet
    draketrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1577
    RE: potential meeting 2011/06/25 07:57:57 (permalink)
    DB - set a date or dates.

IMO - all you should do is provide the space for a few tents, a fire pit and a pile of wood.

Everything else is BRING YOUR OWN EVERYTHING...

Too much planning ruins stuff like this..

later.
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: potential meeting 2011/06/25 08:11:31 (permalink)
    Drake i like your idea. I have plenty of room. Plenty of fire wood. Let me see what my schedule is like and set a weekend; actually probably will be a long weekend for me. For the fishing, folks im sure will find their own way. Hey sarge; all would be welcome.
    waDerboy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1910
    RE: potential meeting 2011/06/25 08:41:00 (permalink)
    Drakes right for once.
    Your party so you set a date and if people can make they will.
    It is certainly a generous offer on your part.
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: potential meeting 2011/06/25 09:39:49 (permalink)
    But wade; it really isn't my party. Others have hinted towards an outing for a while now, so id rather think of it as everyones party. I am willing to extend my grounds as a place to hang. It was actually drakes idea for the tents and camping:) in which I think its a good one; especially if folks are obliged to drink as much as I think he's going to....lmao
    salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: potential meeting 2011/06/25 09:51:15 (permalink)
    I'm off the weekend of 9/18 through that Wed.. Other than that I'm out unless layoffs come. Working shift work I don't get much time off...

Lyrical
    pafisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3000
    RE: potential meeting 2011/06/25 14:28:54 (permalink)
    I don't do tents,had enough of that long ago and now I want a bed and shower.I'm up for this if it's a long weekend as I'll come up early Sunday and stay to ?
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: potential meeting 2011/06/25 16:02:00 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: pafisher

I don't do tents,had enough of that long ago and now I want a bed and shower.I'm up for this if it's a long weekend as I'll come up early Sunday and stay to ?

Then a long weekend it is. Im hearing you on the bed and shower jack. Had no shower the first three years up there. . First to come was a camper with no electric on raw land. electric came next; then a barn, water, septic and finally a little space in the back of the barn. There were definitely some rough times between that timeline. I think the last time I saw you I was pulling stumps. A lot has changed since then. Hope to have 3 roofs up by mid november...

I also can't see leaving salmo out so maybe the weekend of the 18th it is.
    metalslayer
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 689
    RE: potential meeting 2011/06/25 23:12:40 (permalink)
    Maybe if salmo gets his head outta his **** and follows me around----he can finally get his 1st hoe(trad a good bet)--he still ain't touching my flesh though---oh and ditch the orange for dark red and hot pink.

Steel on a pin---so easy a caveman can do it.
    pafisher
    Pro Angler
    RE: potential meeting 2011/06/25 23:25:25 (permalink)
    Okay when does the party begin?I was thinking since this is early maybe the crowds won't be bad on that weekend,so maybe I'll come up earlier.Need some guidance as I want to reserve a room ASAP.
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: potential meeting 2011/06/26 06:01:38 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: metalslayer

Maybe if salmo gets his head outta his **** and follows me around----he can finally get his 1st hoe(trad a good bet)--he still ain't touching my flesh though---oh and ditch the orange for dark red and hot pink.

Its definitely a goodtime of year for hoes on that weekend. Im withyou on the pink; but have done well with orange also.

Anyone else needing help or suggestions for rooms feel free to pm me as there are 3 lodges within walking distance to me with the better one being directly across the street.
    post edited by dimebrite - 2011/06/26 07:45:02
    draketrutta
    Pro Angler
    RE: potential meeting 2011/06/26 08:17:44 (permalink)
    You are located in a spot that should fulfill everyone's needs.

I'm not a camping finatic, and I rarely break out my tent anymore, but I'll air it out that weekend.

Shower?

DB - you gotz a garden hose?

I'll bring my soap, on a rope.

Metal - bring your 12wgt - you will need it...
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: potential meeting 2011/06/26 08:46:40 (permalink)
    Yes there is a shower; I might install an outdoor sshower stall prior to the 18th
    retired guy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3107
    RE: potential meeting 2011/06/27 20:31:17 (permalink)
       Nice work Dime- get together is great. Just set a date and so be it. Can never satisfy everyone with these things as we all have schedules and such but its a great idea and a great effort on your part -congrats.
        Just got back from a nice weekend with a grandkid. NO chubs but fingerling trout all round Tressel hitting worms- stopped fishing there cause didn't want to hurt the future hooking them up,
    draketrutta
    Pro Angler
    RE: potential meeting 2011/06/28 09:08:52 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: retired guy

NO chubs but fingerling trout all round Tressel hitting worms- stopped fishing there cause didn't want to hurt the future hooking them up,

hahaha RT - the Smallmouth Bass thank you... More for them....
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: potential meeting 2011/06/28 14:09:55 (permalink)
    Ok guys; seems as if the weekend of september 18th will be the weekend for a meeting of board members. I have it in my calender and will most likely do a longgggg weekend. Some folks have already started looking in to booking rooms while others have hinted towards a camp out. There are plenty of spots for tents at my place if anyone else is interested. Regardless of tenting or hotel stayers ; I am willing to extend my grounds for an informal meeting grounds. So yes ssgt; if a cup of coffee is the extent of your presence, you are more than welcome to stop by for a cup:) No agendas no nothing. Folks can do and decide as they please. For anyone anticipating tents and questionable about weather; I should have rough framed structures that will be closed in with tin roofs just in case.. for fishing I know everyone has their own techniques and spots; I myself will probably be hitting dsr in early mornings for the most part; but I also look forward to rolling out some rope in ufz with jack and anyone else. Im going to leave it open. I've also got 2 quads with a trail back to the river. Plenty of firewoodas well.ALL BOARD MEMBERS WELCOME.... tight lines...

For any interested; send me a pm
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: potential meeting 2011/06/28 15:38:19 (permalink)
    Yea for sure it is very generous of you to offer a throw down on your piece.. I have done the same here many times and been invited to some doozys ( Jimmy Jam's) .. Sometimes they work out and folks become great friends and not just internet chats..

I am totally self sufficient in every way and always include a little somethin' to share..
    the timing looks great but I can not commit to my where abouts until the "days" get closer.. I may be high in the peaks or low down in Pulaski.. The fishing gods tell me where to go..
    But in any case I hope to roll in and meet some good folks behind this screen.

Besides you all know what I look like ;) LOL !!
    fichy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1896
    RE: potential meeting 2011/06/28 18:05:05 (permalink)
    I will certainly try to make it. Good folks here. I spend lots of time camping in the back of my truck and in tents. I'll feel right at home. I'll bring whatever is suggested or just find a bunch of choice cuts and heave em in a cooler....

Charlie
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: potential meeting 2011/06/28 22:09:03 (permalink)
    Great to hear charlie. I was the same for a while there... making 1 day trips and sleeping in my truck or braking down on 81 and hitchhiking for help in a rain storm; I've been around to say the least. Im pretty impressed with the few responses I've gotten already. Hopefully as time goes on some seasonal posters will hop on the wagon as we approach the salmon season.
    draketrutta
    Pro Angler
    RE: potential meeting 2011/06/29 07:13:30 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: dimebrite

Im pretty impressed with the few responses I've gotten already.

We'll see how impressed you are after we show up...

I marked my calendar DB.

Looking forward to meeting you and others...

salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: potential meeting 2011/06/29 20:32:35 (permalink)
    guys_ count me in. props db for setting up a meeting place on your land. sorry iI havent been around. at the beach camping with the kids this week. this is my first quiet moment in 4 days. be home fri.. hoping the kids get to bed early so iI can play with my wife a little.

Lyrical
    pafisher
    Pro Angler
    RE: potential meeting 2011/06/29 21:22:35 (permalink)
    I'm booked for that weekend,leaving Tues in the PM.
    Salmo check your mail.
    pafisher
    Pro Angler
    RE: potential meeting 2011/07/05 12:58:56 (permalink)
    BUMP......is there any interest in this?
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: potential meeting 2011/07/05 13:59:51 (permalink)
    Hey jack I've gotten 5 pm replies from people definitely coming, and 2 maybes. If that's all its gonna be im fine with that. But good lookin out for keeping the thread on the top...
    pafisher
    Pro Angler
    RE: potential meeting 2011/07/05 14:10:17 (permalink)
    A OKAY Dime,6-8 is fine with me also,I'll be there unless the creek dries up!
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: potential meeting 2011/07/05 20:08:11 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: pafisher

A OKAY Dime,6-8 is fine with me also,I'll be there unless the creek dries up!

im pretty disgusted with water conditions myself. The res is supposedly 10 feet below normal....I really don't understand why they sucked it so dry through may in to june.... maybe the growing popularity of green energy??????????????????????

Ps. I fear for this fall... its to the point where any rain runs off...

Pps... water levels didn't hurt the smallmouth fishing this past weekend though
    retired guy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3107
    RE: potential meeting 2011/07/05 21:06:05 (permalink)
       Shocked at the Res. level Dime.  Specially after this very wet and rainy Spring heck even the Syracuse paper was saying it was unusually  wet up there.
      Hope that doesn't mean warmer than usual river temps too- that will really make the Summer fishing a ' no deal ' for a lot of us.   Won't try and second guess the lowering even after the high waters of a week or two ago, have to believe in the professionals involved with that stuff.
    In the 'good old days' that would have meant the SR would be down to a mere trickle so at least new deals on flow are still in place- I firmly believe that more than anything else THATS why the Summer fishery is improving the way it seems to be.  Probaly wouldnt take much 'trickle' time to blow the deal though.
       NOW I'm fired up - heading up tomorrow PM= lawn cutting and Atlantic follies.
    post edited by retired guy - 2011/07/06 00:05:12
    metalslayer
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 689
    RE: potential meeting 2011/07/05 23:58:01 (permalink)
    The ground is rock hard now---but run off is a good thing as it fills the res---DUH

Steel on a pin---so easy a caveman can do it.
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: potential meeting 2011/07/06 06:15:56 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: metalslayer

The ground is rock hard now---but run off is a good thing as it fills the res---DUH

Yes; but the ground doesn't absorb it. More water flashes off in reality and water is more prone to being released rather than held. I'll refrain from saying duhh back
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: