Annual One Fly Flies

Author
killdeer19
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 654
  • Reward points: 0
2011/06/10 11:02:18 (permalink)

Annual One Fly Flies

Indy asked me to take over the give away fly for this year's one fly outing. I'm looking for volunteers to tie 150 grey wooly buggers. Please PM me if your willing to tie some up. I'd like to get at least 4-5 other people to help.

As long as it's a grey wooly bugger, the size and "extras" (beads, weight, flash, etc) are up to you. The more tyers, the more the variety.

Some people are like Slinkies...not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

4 Replies Related Threads

killdeer19
    Expert Angler
    RE: Annual One Fly Flies 2011/06/14 15:14:28 (permalink)
    Any takers?

Some people are like Slinkies...not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
    steely34
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1280
    RE: Annual One Fly Flies 2011/06/14 17:23:03 (permalink)
    KD - I helped out with this last year but this year I have alot of tying I'm involved in and I'm not sure how much I can help out. But close to the time, if I get caught up, I'll check in with ya and see how things are going. I apologise buddy but I don't want to commit to something that I can't follow through on. Hopefully, come the end of August/early Sept. I can help ya out. We'll be in touch.

Steely

"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it..... you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."

John Gierach

Cold
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 7358
    RE: Annual One Fly Flies 2011/06/14 20:26:25 (permalink)
    I've got a smallie trip coming up in a few weeks. After that, I'll see if I can track down some decent gray hackle. I'll shoot you a PM once I get back.
    killdeer19
    Expert Angler
    RE: Annual One Fly Flies 2011/06/20 08:46:52 (permalink)
    Thanks guys. I'll keep you updated on how things are going.

So far I've only got one person who commited to tie some buggers up. Anyone else, feel free to join in. 150 flies between 2 guys is still alot of tying.

Jump to: