Banned from the greatest catfish site.

Author
Fishing24/7
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 57
  • Reward points: 0
2011/06/04 11:29:58 (permalink)

Banned from the greatest catfish site.

I love to catfish.Do it all the time. I was banned by what they call the greatest catfish site by the owner who thinks he is the greatest catfisherman. All it is about is the owner making money and inflating his own selfish ego.Anyway I'll help when I can.
post edited by Fishing24/7 - 2011/06/04 11:52:55

26 Replies Related Threads

The Outdoors addict
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 45
    RE: Banned from the greatest catfish site. 2011/06/04 12:29:04 (permalink)
    Can't you find a way around it? That stinks.

Best fishes to you and yours!!
    Fishing24/7
    Novice Angler
    RE: Banned from the greatest catfish site. 2011/06/04 13:34:41 (permalink)
    No tried all I could to get along just it turned into money and cliques. You didn't dare question anything or just be yourself and enjoy the sport. Politics, greed and jealousy unless you belong in the crowd. My help was always being questioned if it went outside one of the sponsors or elite. Hope to get a fresh start here, plus I fish for just about everything not one specific species.
    wade alexander
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 293
    RE: Banned from the greatest catfish site. 2011/06/04 15:14:22 (permalink)
    its a catfishing forum,theres prolly a million others just like it... really if u want back on the forum call ur isp and have them change ur ip addy.

http://whatismyipaddress.com/banned

im not really sure why being on a forum would involve money or cliches... im geussing theres more to the story but whatever that site can help u
    Fishing24/7
    Novice Angler
    RE: Banned from the greatest catfish site. 2011/06/04 21:39:52 (permalink)
    Thanks Wade thats pretty cool.Don't really care to go back the site has turned into a advertising dictatorship.May do the IP address anyway.Thanks again I'm starting to like it here there's more variety and more freedom to be yourself.
    moose22dog
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 198
    RE: Banned from the greatest catfish site. 2011/06/07 16:45:13 (permalink)
    i think i know who your talking about, i got booted last year and a handfull of other guys from pa...lol. it was a good thing though not a bad, funny how some people take this **** way to serously...get a fuxing life...lol.. fux paul!!!! moose
    post edited by moose22dog - 2011/06/07 16:48:54

your "game fish" is my bait.....got flathead!!
    Fishing24/7
    Novice Angler
    RE: Banned from the greatest catfish site. 2011/06/07 19:16:52 (permalink)
    Wow that must be a famous site! Thought by joining other forums I could get away from all that money grubbing BS. I buy my gear where I want and I fish for everything that swims. I'll just give these guys a shot, so far so good. You must have done something to offend the grand poobah, cause if you're not one of the sheep your a wolf so it's bye bye.
    moose22dog
    Avid Angler
    RE: Banned from the greatest catfish site. 2011/06/07 19:43:52 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Fishing24/7

Wow that must be a famous site! Thought by joining other forums I could get away from all that money grubbing BS. I buy my gear where I want and I fish for everything that swims. I'll just give these guys a shot, so far so good. You must have done something to offend the grand poobah, cause if you're not one of the sheep your a wolf so it's bye bye.

big +1

PaWolfman
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 214
    RE: Banned from the greatest catfish site. 2011/06/08 02:34:36 (permalink)
    I know what site your talking about. I am still part of the site but I am just about done with it. It has change a lot over the last couple of years. The guy sure got a big head. I don't know the reason for all the people being banned. It may have been called for with a few but not most. A lot of good people are not there anymore. It is a lot different now than it was. This is a real good site with good people.

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.-Thomas Jefferson
    moose22dog
    Avid Angler
    RE: Banned from the greatest catfish site. 2011/06/08 09:50:22 (permalink)
    whats up wolf

Fishing24/7
    Novice Angler
    RE: Banned from the greatest catfish site. 2011/06/08 10:45:20 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: PaWolfman

I know what site your talking about. I am still part of the site but I am just about done with it. It has change a lot over the last couple of years. The guy sure got a big head. I don't know the reason for all the people being banned. It may have been called for with a few but not most. A lot of good people are not there anymore. It is a lot different now than it was. This is a real good site with good people.

I like it here so far, yep that site really went in the tank lately.
    PaWolfman
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 214
    RE: Banned from the greatest catfish site. 2011/06/08 14:18:08 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: moose22dog

whats up wolf

Not much...Just hoping to get out later today.

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.-Thomas Jefferson
    jolie
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 348
    RE: Banned from the greatest catfish site. 2011/06/09 08:48:03 (permalink)
    Moose you had problems over there?? huh. you seem pretty cool to me ?

anyways I consider myself, pretty courteous on-line and I EVEN I had issues with that site.

you remember those EAST vs WEST cat contests? they were fun!
    ----------
    anyways however you feel about Paul, the PA crowd had some great guys on it! Keep posting 'Fishing'... catfish is my obsession. & I love it.
    Fishing24/7
    Novice Angler
    RE: Banned from the greatest catfish site. 2011/06/09 11:04:50 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: jolie

anyways I consider myself, pretty courteous on-line and I EVEN I had issues with that site.

----------
    anyways however you feel about Paul, the PA crowd had some great guys on it! Keep posting 'Fishing'... catfish is my obsession. & I love it.

jolie did you get booted or did you just walk away?
    moose22dog
    Avid Angler
    RE: Banned from the greatest catfish site. 2011/06/09 11:19:13 (permalink)

----------

hey jolie long time no see hows the channels treating you this year? i don't go on there anymore i goot booted along with a handfull of other guys from here and out east.( long story) then are acct got reactived and think it still is checked about two months ago for s&g and got in..lol? theres a local burgh fourm ium on now and NPT started one as well. both are cool just low key and no bull all about catfishing, kinda like cat1 use to be till the root of all eveil showed its face...MONEY$$$. those contest were pretty fun, lota ball busting..lol. good luck and tight lines bro....moose
    post edited by moose22dog - 2011/06/09 11:20:13

Fishing24/7
    Novice Angler
    RE: Banned from the greatest catfish site. 2011/06/09 11:30:44 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: moose22dog

----------

hey jolie long time no see hows the channels treating you this year? i don't go on there anymore i goot booted along with a handfull of other guys from here and out east.( long story) then are acct got reactived and think it still is checked about two months ago for s&g and got in..lol? theres a local burgh fourm ium on now and NPT started one as well. both are cool just low key and no bull all about catfishing, kinda like cat1 use to be till the root of all eveil showed its face...MONEY$$$. those contest were pretty fun, lota ball busting..lol. good luck and tight lines bro....moose

MONEY$$$.... perfect call!! but don't forget that deadly disease of cranium bloating and over inflation! LOL
    jolie
    Expert Angler
    RE: Banned from the greatest catfish site. 2011/06/09 11:51:36 (permalink)
    no, I left. its complicated.

it wasn't paul (exactly). but the site wasn't doing for me, what it once did.

Catfish1.com (oops) was the only site, that I faithfully reported each and every trip on. Now rarely do I post much about my fishing trips at all.

====

The east versus west competitions were awesome.

the idea was that a bunch of schukyll anglers would face off against the alleghany/mon anglers. The HOT contest was (of course) for flats. BUT in the upper alleghany (where I fish) there ARE not flats and I helped out with the channel cat contest. A size limit of 27" made a recordable catch, a relatively easy catch for big time schukyll (in fact there were even considered pests)- but for me.. in two years I hadn't even caught a 27" (in the two years since I've gotten 3-4).

but the juice to contribute, the fun trash talk all that was awesome.

the highlight of whole contest was my idea, a state versus state contest between OHio and PA. I think Ohio won, but it was close, and it was a blast...

and that it all went south :(.
    one of the Ohio boys accused the PA guys of cheating, and it got to paul...

and he banned all informal catfishing contests :(

in fact, I got an official "warning" for even mentioning it in a post.

=====
    I doubt I'll ever get into another tourney of any kind again...but I just LOVED the fact that a whole group of guys took catfish seriously. now in most places there -online at least- considered pests (and espacially the channel cat).

--
    in memory of the old days. This cat went 30" and would have made the 'list'. it may NOT be much down south, but I think it ties for my biggest yet. sorry about all the mist. from the alleghany river in the boonies North of tidioute.

moose22dog
    Avid Angler
    RE: Banned from the greatest catfish site. 2011/06/09 11:56:11 (permalink)
    NICE FREAKING CHANNEL !!!!

jolie
    Expert Angler
    RE: Banned from the greatest catfish site. 2011/06/09 11:58:14 (permalink)
    ah shucks,

Heres the one last year. can't remember if I posted it.

again 30"- I think it might be heavier though.

--------
    wheres the burgh forum?? I'm registered on steel city but its SO slow.

anyways the cat before was 2 days ago, and this cat was in the middle of sept just before I make the yearly switch to walleye.

so... I'm doing pretty good- I think. I'm figuring them out (slowly).
    Fishing24/7
    Novice Angler
    RE: Banned from the greatest catfish site. 2011/06/09 12:07:37 (permalink)
    Those are beautiful fish no matter where you live. I've had big Channels fool me into thinking I had a big Flat. They'll fight you just as hard as any fish.Sounds like your from the north of Pa.and only have the Allegheny. I'm from Northern WV and only have the Mon.We just don't have the option of all three of the great rivers to hit easily
    jolie
    Expert Angler
    RE: Banned from the greatest catfish site. 2011/06/09 12:25:52 (permalink)
    I live within 6 miles of the big kinzua lake spanning the NY/PA border.

The alleghany is the only reliable place for channels and even with them- there is a yearly migration that makes a big difference given where I can fish (without a boat).

I am envious of the great catfishing- both the bite further south and the big bite that comes out of erie. but on the other hand, there are upsides too.

so far I've gotten walleye, catfish, and Brown trout at or really close to 30" and a Northern that was 38". They were all caught in nearly the same place.
    jolie
    Expert Angler
    RE: Banned from the greatest catfish site. 2011/06/09 12:47:18 (permalink)

Those are beautiful fish no matter where you live. I've had big Channels fool me into thinking I had a big Flat. They'll fight you just as hard as any fish.Sounds like your from the north of Pa.and only have the Allegheny. I'm from Northern WV and only have the Mon.We just don't have the option of all three of the great rivers to hit easily

for the sake of anyone Lurking...

Channel cats are like one of the MOST unappreciated fish around. Even though they don't get to the RAW size of a flathead, they are powerful, common and are among the Biggest fish in the river. They definitely outweigh and outpower all the bass, walleye and trout that everyone is so addicted to.

they don't jump or go on crazy kamikaze runs - but they roll incessantly, often make big powerful surges towards the bottom and once at the surface they make nearly as much of a ruckas as any beaver. Catching one of size near any wood is a true test of any dude's brawn. .

I love the fact that for all this, they aren't that picky about bait, and you niether need to keep freakin' huge bait alive (like for catching flats) OR need 20+$ lures like musky. also there are very approachable from the shore and you don't need to the massive complexity and cost of a huge trolling boat. They are also tasty, if your into that kind of thing.

I suppose if your reading this your at least a little fans of them LOL.
    post edited by jolie - 2011/06/09 12:49:50
    Fishing24/7
    Novice Angler
    RE: Banned from the greatest catfish site. 2011/06/09 13:19:42 (permalink)

for the sake of anyone Lurking...

Channel cats are like one of the MOST unappreciated fish around. Even though they don't get to the RAW size of a flathead, they are powerful, common and are among the Biggest fish in the river. They definitely outweigh and outpower all the bass, walleye and trout that everyone is so addicted to.

they don't jump or go on crazy kamikaze runs - but they roll incessantly, often make big powerful surges towards the bottom and once at the surface they make nearly as much of a ruckas as any beaver. Catching one of size near any wood is a true test of any dude's brawn. .

I love the fact that for all this, they aren't that picky about bait, and you niether need to keep freakin' huge bait alive (like for catching flats) OR need 20+$ lures like musky. also there are very approachable from the shore and you don't need to the massive complexity and cost of a huge trolling boat. They are also tasty, if your into that kind of thing.

I suppose if your reading this your at least a little fans of them LOL.

I'll second that!
    tull66
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1049
    RE: Banned from the greatest catfish site. 2011/06/09 14:05:49 (permalink)
    Jolie, there are bunches of flatheads in the Kennerdell, Franklin, Oil City part of rhe river. Do they disappear as you go upriver? I caught a 27" channel a couple days ago in the Mon fishing for eyes.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The closer we adhere to the Holy Bible and the US Constitution (as it was written) the closer we get to the model that made America great. The great American experiment worked, human nature just got in the way.
    jolie
    Expert Angler
    RE: Banned from the greatest catfish site. 2011/06/09 16:09:59 (permalink)
    tull, they DEFINITELy do ... yes.

there not in the kinzu dam tailwaters at all!
    thats because its cold enough for trout. (and its a dang good place for trophy trout, too).

you know how flatheads hate cold water.
    ---
    on the other hand,
    even as far north of tionesta (which is still a good ways above oil city), there's flats. (its just further than I choose to drive)
    Mountian Man
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4118
    RE: Banned from the greatest catfish site. 2011/06/09 19:07:50 (permalink)
    ROFLMFAO catfish1.com is still around? I got da boot a long time ago

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
    Fishing24/7
    Novice Angler
    RE: Banned from the greatest catfish site. 2011/06/09 20:42:15 (permalink)
    Boy there are more booted than I thought. How does that bunch stay open?
    Jump to: