Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Pheasant Hunter
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 40
  • Reward points: 0
2007/04/06 21:59:25 (permalink)

New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania

Sorry, I know this is the Lake Erie Fishing Board, but this needs to be seen. HB 760 (http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/Legis/PN/Public/btCheck.cfm?txtType=PDF&sessYr=2007&sessInd=0&billBody=H&billTyp=B&billNbr=0760&pn=0881) is in the Pa. House Judiciary Committee. This bill calls for MANDATORY REGISTRATION OF ALL FIREARMS IN PENNSYLVANIA.  You will pay $10 PER GUN PER YEAR!!! If you do not comply or if there is a problem with your paperwork, YOUR GUNS WILL BE CONFISCATED, and you will face fines and jail time!!!
     Representative Sam Rohrer is waging a campaign to stop this bill in committee. I have added a link to his petition on my website - http://warrenpa.ws Please sign the petition and make a difference, because once they get their foot in the door, there's no turning back.
     I am personally printing business-size cards, flyers, and paper copies of the petition and distributing them around Warren County. If anyone out there would like to help, contact me through my website, and I'll email you the files to print your own.
Thanks,
Buster

50 Replies Related Threads

Brad1
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 338
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/08 03:36:55 (permalink)
    I really don't like what I just read in that bill.

It surprises me that someone would actually take serious time to write that.
    Pheasant Hunter
    New Angler
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/09 08:26:17 (permalink)
    They're dead serious about it... I did some research and this had originally been introduced in 2005.
    Pheasant Hunter
    New Angler
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/09 11:12:19 (permalink)
    Just an added note, after reading the bill again, the State Police can require additional information, outside of what is covered in the bill. Also, think about it - if your adult child or friend asks to borrow a gun to hunt with, THEY CAN'T!!! It can only be possessed by the registered owner. This would actually circumvent the PGC's rule of allowing hunters above the age of 16 to hunt alone. The bill may be viewed in it's entirety at http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/Legis/PN/Public/btCheck.cfm?txtType=PDF&sessYr=2007&sessInd=0&billBody=H&billTyp=B&billNbr=0760&pn=0881
    After reading this piece of garbage, visit http://warrenpa.ws and click on Representative Rohrer's link, to sign his petition.
    Jim_R
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 112
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/09 11:21:08 (permalink)
    Done.

Jim_R

"There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind."

"The angling fever is a very real disease and can only be cured by the application of cold water and fresh, untainted air."
    Pheasant Hunter
    New Angler
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/10 06:28:58 (permalink)
    Thank you to all of those who signed the petition. For those who haven't, yet, there's still time. It only takes a minute to get your name on the petition. Don't wait until it's over, then wonder why "someone" didn't stop them from passing this bill. That "someone" is each and every one of us. If you don't do your part, then don't complain when we have a new and very restrictive gun control law in place. Go to http://warrenpa.ws and click on Representative Rohrer's petition to sign.
    thedrake
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1948
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/11 16:51:48 (permalink)
    I am curious why anyone would be against having you guns registered. They are not taking your guns away, just making sure they are registered. You probably have nothing to worry about unless you are trying to hide the fact that you have a gun. Think about it this way, nobody has a problem with the fact that you have to register a car or truck. Why then would someone have a problem with registering your guns? I also wonder why someone would be against background checks....unless that person would have something to hide. Thats one reason I dont support the NRA, I do believe background checks are a good thing. The last I checked, the NRA did not.

I am not saying I support the bill, I just want to know why everyone is against it.
    dpms
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3509
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/11 17:49:15 (permalink)
    So they know what you have so when they pass legislation outlawing certain ones they can then knock on your door.  There are too many gun laws already.  The bottom line is people with criminal intentions will always find guns no matter how many laws exist.

I laugh when I hear people saying what can it hurt as long as you have nothing to hide.  Scary to think that some sportsman feel this way.
    thedrake
    Pro Angler
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/11 19:08:10 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: dpms

So they know what you have so when they pass legislation outlawing certain ones they can then knock on your door. I laugh when I hear people saying what can it hurt as long as you have nothing to hide. 

Scary to think that some sportsman feel this way.

I'm glad you got a good laugh. I have a good laugh when I hear people say there are too many gun laws, as if those laws are restricting any good citizen from owning any guns except automatic weapons. What laws do you want to do away with?

Lets take for example, background checks. Eliminating these checks will allow certain people who may be dangerous, to acquire a gun. The last time I bought a firearm, there was no wait. I wrote out a check, filled out a form or two and went out the door. No inconvenience. Do you want to do away with those?

How about automatic weapons? Do you want the average citizen to own them? Do you want to own one? You mention that anyone who wants to get a gun illegally will get one. I dont think thats completley true. In the town I live in, there arent exactly many people who are out trying to sell uzi's from the trunk of a car. Allowing the general public to have them would allow them to trickle down into the hands of those who want to do harm with them.

So your worried that a "sportsman" would feel this way? I worry more that a"sportsmen" would want a lot of unregistered guns floating around. Remember, the non-gunowning public groups all us gun owners together, whether we obey the law or not. If gun crimes are reduced, then we have less ammo to give the antigun crowd.

dpms
    Pro Angler
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/11 19:35:45 (permalink)
    All of your hypotheticals happen in your ideal world.  The problem with most anti-gun legislation is all of the little attchments that they tend to put on bills.   "Assault Rifle" is a great example.  Scares most people that don't read the legislation.  If you have a detachable magazine on your rifle that gun now becomes an "Assault Rifle" under the bill.  Say goodbuy to your plinker that you shoot pop cans with.

Most anti-gun legislation trickles down to "ordinary" guns that many of us own.  Legislation that sounds reasonable usually isn't in the details.  That is how they get public support like yours. 

California has the toughest gun laws around.  You never hear of any gun crime there do you??
    Pheasant Hunter
    New Angler
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/11 21:10:16 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: thedrake

I'm glad you got a good laugh. I have a good laugh when I hear people say there are too many gun laws, as if those laws are restricting any good citizen from owning any guns except automatic weapons. What laws do you want to do away with?

Lets take for example, background checks. Eliminating these checks will allow certain people who may be dangerous, to acquire a gun. The last time I bought a firearm, there was no wait. I wrote out a check, filled out a form or two and went out the door. No inconvenience. Do you want to do away with those?

How about automatic weapons? Do you want the average citizen to own them? Do you want to own one? You mention that anyone who wants to get a gun illegally will get one. I dont think thats completley true. In the town I live in, there arent exactly many people who are out trying to sell uzi's from the trunk of a car. Allowing the general public to have them would allow them to trickle down into the hands of those who want to do harm with them.

So your worried that a "sportsman" would feel this way? I worry more that a"sportsmen" would want a lot of unregistered guns floating around. Remember, the non-gunowning public groups all us gun owners together, whether we obey the law or not. If gun crimes are reduced, then we have less ammo to give the antigun crowd.

I have no problem with the instant check system - it's a valuable tool that makes gun buying easier for us law-abiding gun owners (no waiting period.) I do have a problem with PAYING the government for the privilege of exercising my RIGHTS - yes, gun ownership is a RIGHT, not a privilege, like driving a car. Furthermore, this bill does NOTHING (nada, zip, zero) to prevent gun crimes. It only places a burden on law-abiding gun owners. Look at Washington D.C., our nation's capital - they have strict gun laws. How's their record with gun violence? It certainly hasn't prevented criminals from getting guns, now has it? Look at any area with severe firearms restrictions - the criminals STILL have guns and don't hesitate to use them. Why?... Who's going to shoot back?!
     All in all, there are plenty of gun laws on the books. Would it be too much to ask, to just ENFORCE them?... to put violators in prison and KEEP them there, instead of the usual slap on the wrist and turning them loose? But why do that, when you can just legislate the law-abiding gun owners to death, take their guns, and make lots of money, in the process? Much cheaper than keeping violent felons in prison, isn't it?... and politically correct, too!!!
     In response to your quip about automatic weapons - The 2nd Amendment was put in place, to prevent our government from becoming so powerful and corrupt, that We, the People, would not become it's subjects, but could rise up and revolt. With that in mind, ideally, should we be any less equipped than our military?... and no, I'm not suggesting that we should all be toting automatic weapons and grenade launchers. I'm suggesting that maybe you should think things through, logically, before you spout off, with your Utopian opinions.
    post edited by Pheasant Hunter - 2007/04/11 21:27:58

Visit my website, featuring outdoors and recreation in Warren County, Pennsylvania: http://warrenpa.ws
    thedrake
    Pro Angler
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/11 22:07:41 (permalink)
    I did not at any point say that I want this bill to pass. I simply played devils advocate to stir up some discussion.

I do believe in background checks. I was thinking logically when I said that. I think the instant check system is great. It does not slow the sale of a firearm. If the check would take a few days I still would not feel inconvenienced. Waiting a month, however, is unacceptable. Like I said earlier, I am not saying I agree with this bill.

Having all guns registered, in my mind, is also logical. Yeah, I know what you are going to say "the government will never get all guns registered, they'll only be able to get us law abiding citizens to register our guns". That may be true, but crimes can be commited with registered guns. Being able to trace a gun back to someone due to registration, could help solve a crime. Most people assume that crimes are only commited by people using illegally purchased firearms. Thats just not true. Crimes are also committed by the respectable citizen next door. Perhaps, there is some Logic in gun registration.

After reading your comment about automatic weapons, I have a question for you. Logically speaking, would you support the public having automatic weapons? Further more, would do you believe that they would do more good than harm or more harm than good? Is it more likely that they would be used by someone defending himself against his government, or be used in a crime? 

Sorry for spouting off with my utopian opinions.
    post edited by thedrake - 2007/04/11 22:09:25
    Pheasant Hunter
    New Angler
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/11 22:33:03 (permalink)
         First of all, if the citizen next door were "respectable", he or she would not be committing a crime with a firearm, correct? Secondly, most (not all) weapons used to commit crimes are not obtained legally - theft and "straw purchases" make up the bulk. The majority of those that are legally obtained and used in a crime, are typically used in a "crime of passion." Not much need for a trace there, is there? Being able to trace a gun to solve a crime? What about fingerprints and DNA? What about good, old-fashioned police work?
        As far as automatic weapons - the military has them, drug dealers and other criminals have them... why shouldn't we, the law-abiding gun owners, be allowed to have them? Doing more harm than good? If you owned an automatic weapon, would the fact that you owned it, compel you to commit a crime with it? If not, what makes you think that any of the rest of us would, either? They're already out there, many in the wrong hands.
         Like I said, there are plenty of laws in place, to deal with violators. Laws that have real consequences and don't put a burden on anyone, but the criminal. Enforce these laws and quit putting the offenders back on our streets, and the problem will solve itself, because a gun can't make a conscious decision to fire itself and take a life. 

Visit my website, featuring outdoors and recreation in Warren County, Pennsylvania: http://warrenpa.ws
    SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/12 00:06:04 (permalink)
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people.  I guess there's a bunch of different ways to look at this, but if one wants to minimize crime with guns, keep the who commit them, in the cell longer.  But .. then again, that'll cost too.  Hell.. throw 'em in the deer pits with the roadkills. 

How many times do we hear about someone who was put in jail for weaponary, get out and do the same thing?  Well me.. I hear it all the time.  My uncle is the head of the central PA drug task force.  There is an alarming correlation between heavy drugs, stolen property, and guns.  If they get busted for drugs .. KEEP THEM off the streets.  Get that law changed!!!!  Be stricter on the people who cause the problem not what they caused the problem with!!!

I see nothing wrong with getting a gun registered but every year?  There are more effective ways to minimize crime than a law that takes away a right law-abiding citizens.  That yearly registration, fingerprinting, etc... would cost astronomically to implement.

There is some logic to both sides (one clearly more than the other) but this practially seems geared toward gun control for the purpose of gun control.  It seems very extreme, and not particularly well thought out.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.  Target the problem, not the weapon.

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
    dpms
    Pro Angler
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/12 07:55:14 (permalink)
    Logical this logical that.  What's next. The local police department can keep your guns till you need one to go hunting then you can go check it out. 

Get real, look at the big picture.  Every step in the wrong direction away from our 2nd. Amendment rights is one step closer to the above. 

Playing "devils advocate" with gun control means you are anti-gun, which is your right by the way.  If you are going to say you are pro-gun you are kidding yourself.

dpms
    Pro Angler
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/12 12:20:33 (permalink)
    Just an update.  The bill looks dead.  Two of the sponsors from the Pittsburgh area have withdrawn thier support.  At least that is what thier respective offices are saying thanks to vocal opposition.
    Pheasant Hunter
    New Angler
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/12 16:03:18 (permalink)

Just an update.  The bill looks dead.  Two of the sponsors from the Pittsburgh area have withdrawn thier support.  At least that is what thier respective offices are saying thanks to vocal opposition.

Great, but let's not celebrate the victory, until we know for sure. We need to send a clear message to these money-grubbing gun grabbers.

thedrake
    Pro Angler
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/12 16:42:30 (permalink)

Logical this logical that.  What's next. The local police department can keep your guns till you need one to go hunting then you can go check it out. 

Get real, look at the big picture.  Every step in the wrong direction away from our 2nd. Amendment rights is one step closer to the above. 

Playing "devils advocate" with gun control means you are anti-gun, which is your right by the way.  If you are going to say you are pro-gun you are kidding yourself.

Yeah, I must be antigun, even though I own quite a few of them, and because I ask for real reasons why people oppose registration, background checks etc.... Like I said earlier, I do not support this bill. I just wanted to stir up some dialogue about it.
    thedrake
    Pro Angler
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/12 16:59:12 (permalink)

One more thing:

Suggesting that this bill is the next step towards taking guns away, or the police holding you guns until you need them, is rediculous. Thats just as bad as Prochoice advocates stating that making abortion illegal is the first step in taking away womens rights.

BTW, Once again, let me state that I am not in favor of this bill. I am stirring up conversation.
    Pheasant Hunter
    New Angler
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/12 19:32:50 (permalink)
         First, let me ask... Did you actually read and comprehend HB 760? If not, you should do that now.
         Why do I oppose gun registration? Well, let's see... the government has no valid need to know who has how many guns and of what caliber. That's just a tool for the next step that these gun-grabbers intend to take - confiscating your guns!!! You can rationalize it all you want, but there are many people in positions of power, who believe there is no valid reason for a "common citizen" to own firearms. Don't believe it can happen, here in the good ol' USA? It already did!!! Visit http://www.givethemback.com/ and watch some of the clips. Pretty disturbing that this happened on American soil. These peoples' Constitutional rights were flushed down the toilet, in a heartbeat... and you think that we couldn't be next? Think again!!!... and if you believe the excuse that they had to do it, because of the turmoil, after Hurricane Katrina, you're advocating that our Constitutional rights can be revoked at any time the government deems necessary. These people were at a point where their guns and Constitutional rights were ALL THEY HAD, and the government took away both. Yes, this website is tied to the NRA, but if it weren't for the NRA staying on top of the gun-grabbers, where would we be?
         Our founding fathers believed so strongly in the right to bear arms, that they made it second, only to the freedoms of speech, press, religion, assembly, and petition ... it's THAT important.

Amendment II
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    Notice... it says "people", not "soldiers." "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" is also pretty blunt, and doesn't really leave room for interpretation.
        Face the facts... requiring people to register and pay, to exercise this right, would certainly be a MAJOR infringement.
    Definition:

in·fringe [ in frínj ] (past and past participle in·fringed, present participle in·fring·ing, 3rd person present singular in·fring·es)

verb 

Definition:

1. transitive verb disobey or disregard something: to fail to obey a law or regulation or observe the terms of an agreement

2. transitive and intransitive verb encroach on somebody's rights or property: to take over land, rights, privileges, or activities that belong to somebody else, especially in a minor or gradual way
    infringing on our personal freedom

thedrake
    Pro Angler
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/12 20:44:06 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Pheasant Hunter

First, let me ask... Did you actually read and comprehend HB 760? If not, you should do that now.
         Why do I oppose gun registration? Well, let's see... the government has no valid need to know who has how many guns and of what caliber. That's just a tool for the next step that these gun-grabbers intend to take - confiscating your guns!!! You can rationalize it all you want, but there are many people in positions of power, who believe there is no valid reason for a "common citizen" to own firearms. Don't believe it can happen, here in the good ol' USA? It already did!!! Visit http://www.givethemback.com/ and watch some of the clips. Pretty disturbing that this happened on American soil. These peoples' Constitutional rights were flushed down the toilet, in a heartbeat... and you think that we couldn't be next? Think again!!!... and if you believe the excuse that they had to do it, because of the turmoil, after Hurricane Katrina, you're advocating that our Constitutional rights can be revoked at any time the government deems necessary. These people were at a point where their guns and Constitutional rights were ALL THEY HAD, and the government took away both. Yes, this website is tied to the NRA, but if it weren't for the NRA staying on top of the gun-grabbers, where would we be?
         Our founding fathers believed so strongly in the right to bear arms, that they made it second, only to the freedoms of speech, press, religion, assembly, and petition ... it's THAT important.

Amendment II
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    Notice... it says "people", not "soldiers." "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" is also pretty blunt, and doesn't really leave room for interpretation.
       Face the facts... requiring people to register and pay, to exercise this right, would certainly be a MAJOR infringement.
    Definition:

in·fringe [ in frínj ] (past and past participle in·fringed, present participle in·fring·ing, 3rd person present singular in·fring·es)

verb 

Definition:

1. transitive verb disobey or disregard something: to fail to obey a law or regulation or observe the terms of an agreement

2. transitive and intransitive verb encroach on somebody's rights or property: to take over land, rights, privileges, or activities that belong to somebody else, especially in a minor or gradual way

Taking away someones firearms, and making people register them are two different things. Requiring registration of guns is not infringing your right to own them. Maybe you should read the definition you posted.
    Pheasant Hunter
    New Angler
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/12 20:57:18 (permalink)
    transitive and intransitive verb encroach on somebody's rights or property: to take over land, rights, privileges, or activities that belong to somebody else, especially in a minor or gradual way

Read the underlined, bold part... when they change the terms upon which we can own firearms, i.e. paid registration, THAT is an infringement. Maybe you should read and understand the definition. The right to keep and bear arms is an absolute right, not conditional upon government approval, unless you are prohibited from doing so, because of your past transgressions... not the past transgressions of another person or group.
    post edited by Pheasant Hunter - 2007/04/12 20:58:34

Dr. Trout
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4417
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/12 21:18:14 (permalink)

I'd like to point out a few other things in the bill that drake may not be aware of...

Social security number.. a MUST

Finger prints a MUST

2 ID type photos A MUST

Now all that ID.. finger prints, photos..etc is FOR EVERY SINGLE GUN Regsitration... and every gun must have it's own registration at $10.00 a piece PER YEAR....

how many guns do you own.. that's ALL guns... rifles, handguns, and shotguns...

"rules" for the guns inside your own home....

locked safe... trigger locks.. ammo stored in a different place...

are they all locked in a safe.. if not do all have trigger locks...

OH and one more thing ----- the gun is NOT allowed to be loaded in the home... there goes self-defense unless you can unlock..the safe or trigger lock.. go get the bullets,, and return in tme to save yourself...

JUST A STUPID BILL to try to "get the foot in the door".....

"crooks are laughing at this bill...
    they know they do not register their guns....and are not going to start..

IN FACT did you know the state is not allowed to require a felon to register his guns.. it's against his 5th amendment rights of self-incrimination...

AIN'T THAT SOMETHING...

So those convicted of felonies will not be required to follow this bill IF it were to pass....

OOpppps.. one more --- every time you take a gun outside your home you have to carry the registration for that gun and any others you will be carrying....

one more ?????

Don't leave any guns at your camp....

remember... IF PASSED.. you have to report a stolen gun within 48 hours or YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW....

so you'll have to check your camp every 48 hous or less..... to make sure the gun is still there...

and all this because of criminals...

forget the criminals.. let's get the law-biding folks to give up their gun ownership with stupid laws that pertain ONLY TO THEM.....
    Pheasant Hunter
    New Angler
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/12 21:41:09 (permalink)
    Thank you for summing it up, Dr. Trout, but I think you could tattoo it on his forehead and he still wouldn't understand.

Dr. Trout
    Pro Angler
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/12 22:03:52 (permalink)

Most of all this gun bills stuff is coming from the Governor and "philly" politicans...

Remeber this HB760 is only one of abut 60 gun bills currently in the state legslature....

and who better to make a statement about gun violence than a HIGH ranking officer in the Philadelphia police force....

We have to stop pointing the finger everywhere but at the very people who prey on us each day. Over time we have allowed our value system to erode.
    We refuse to hold people accountable for their actions and constantly make excuses for their inexcusable behavior.
    The incessant cry for tougher gun laws is a good example. Until we're ready to strictly enforce the current laws there is no reason for tougher ones.

Yes, there is a need to work on the social ills at the core of much of the unrest, but that does not mean we should accept those ills as a reason to excuse the behavior.
    Those engaged in this violent lifestyle know exactly what they're doing.
    They also know it is wrong.
    And they also know there are no serious consequences for their actions.
    It's not a matter of not knowing right from wrong, it's a matter of weighing the risk. And today they face very little risk.

Time after time these budding killers are arrested with guns, only to be returned to the streets with a slap on the wrist.

Is it any wonder we have trouble getting witnesses to speak up?

Instead of holding vigils at murder scenes, groups like Men United for a Better Philadelphia and Mothers in Charge should throw a ring around the Criminal In-Justice Center and demand that our judges hold the criminals accountable.

More than 80 percent of Philadelphia's cold-blooded killers have criminal records. Most of those records are lengthy, many for violent crimes. Every one of those arrests represents an opportunity to send a clear message, before they take another life.
    thedrake
    Pro Angler
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/12 22:58:45 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Pheasant Hunter

Thank you for summing it up, Dr. Trout, but I think you could tattoo it on his forehead and he still wouldn't understand.

I will repeat again, since you guys apparently didnt see it the many times I wrote it already. I do not support this bill!

When I said that I support gun registration, I was not referring to the terms listed in the bill. I think I made that obvious. I was simply pointing out that I feel registration is a good thing.

Point out where I said I support this bill, otherwise your argueing that this bill should not pass, against someone who also doesnt want this bill to pass.

SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/13 00:11:21 (permalink)
    Drake .. the same thing was done when I questioned the validity of a handgun in archery.  Some folks can't make the distinction of the question WHY.  In some cases it is understandable because anti's are such narrow-minded idiots.  If they weren't, we'd be able to put more validity in our laws.  Instead, we get caught up in those unlikely situational battles because of the future of our RIGHTS, while ignoring the instances that truely threaten our lives.

I must be anti-gun now too, a...hahaha

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
    Pheasant Hunter
    New Angler
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/13 06:36:29 (permalink)
    OK, you claim that you don't want this bill to pass, yet you claim to support gun registration. Enlighten us... what are valid reasons and a method for gun registration, in your opinion?

dpms
    Pro Angler
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/13 07:47:20 (permalink)
    There should be no middle ground on this issue.  Unfortunately we already are on middle ground with the current gun laws.

The great people that drafted our Constituition and Bill of rights would be turning over over in thier graves with the current trends towards big government and over-regulation.

Would you want middle ground on freedom of speech or your right to vote??  I think not.  That is why this country is great. 
    Dr. Trout
    Pro Angler
    RE: New Gun Control Bill in Pennsylvania 2007/04/13 09:35:44 (permalink)

I understand that you guys do not support this bill (only parts of it .. registration for one) but I also agree you can not sit on the fence... it's either the freedom the 2nd admenment gives us and not allowing changes or allow to make changes that the majority of VOTERS (not gun owners) decide to make...

The only reason I can see for gun registration is ....
    If the gun is lost or stolen and recoverd by law enforcement ( lets say) and they can trace it back to the owner.. other than that I see NO reason ANYONE should know how many guns I own... what difference does it make if I have 1 or 100... If my gun is lost or stolen I'll just have to live with it and hope it is not used in a crime...

If a gun is used in a crime I can not see how regitration could or would stop the crime...

YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER they want to change the gun rights because of criminals and criminal actions...

And as the police officer stated..

there are already laws to do with criminals who use guns... they are just not enforced to the full extent...

NONE and I repeat NONE of the current bills will stop criminals from using guns....

What effect does making me pay $80.00 a year every year and the cost of some of the other admendents (locks,photos, ETC) have on the amount of crime comitted... NONE..

For example... Why should I be not allowed to go to a "gun bash" sponsored by a great sportsmen's club and "win" as many handguns as I want.... but no .... they are tryig to say ONE A MONTH .... I should be able to win 50 if I'm lucky and sell the ones I really do not want to keep ???? Most foks could always use a little EXTRA money... Keep in mind they are also tryng to change laws about law-biding folks selling guys too...

If the 2nd admendment, the local sheriff's dept and state police say I am allowed to carry a concealed weapon why does the PGC or anyone have the right to change that as they see fit...

You have to LOOK at the big picture...

All these gun bills do is effect law-biding citizens.. NOT ONE of them will effect criminals or criminal actions...

You guys NEVER address that point...
    You enjoy comments like ---

what are you afraid of a squirrel attacking you when archery hunting..

No offense meant here.. but that's the type of individual that allows the " foot in the door" and when it finally effects them in some way...

These bills will only effect law-biding citiizens and when the crime hits home or some one you know... IT WILL BE DIFFERENT for you and SO WILL YOUR THOUGHTS..

Have you guys ---or someone you love or know ever ---

been robbed at gun point ??

mugged ???

home broken into ???

beem around a crime involving a gun while in progress ??

raped ??

I could go on and on..

I truly believe that the fact we are allowed to have and use guns in self-defense keeps SOME criminals from putting their plans in effect if they do not know our "circumstances" at possessing a gun ...

OH wait....... there's a bill about changing the need for using a gun in self-defense too ...

NOW they want the #1 choice to be run or try to avoid the criminal period.. does not matter if you feel your life is in danager.. they want you to avoid NOT protect yourelf...
    Is that one okay ????

ENOUGH FROM ME ON THIS TOPIC...

I'll just continue to pray there are enough folks that are gun owners and law-biding citizens who have first hand knwoledge that NONE of these gun bills will stop gun violence...

and will stand with those of us who believe 100% in the 2nd admenment rights we have and not allow them to be changed to protect criminals...

see what the "big picture and 2nd admendment were all about..

protect the law-biding citizens NOT criminals...

Here's a challenge for you guys...

explain how any of these bills will prevent gun violence... especially registration .. I already stated the criminals will not even HAVE TO comply...

But of course maybe you disagree with the 5th admendment too ?? :)

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: