Egg Sacs??

Author
Silverbullet_11
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 27
  • Reward points: 0
2007/11/16 16:29:26 (permalink)

Egg Sacs??

I have a question for everybody, and I am hoping somebody can help me out. I am originally from PA, but am living in Wyoming now. Instead of Steelhead season we all look forward to ice fishing time. This fall I have amassed quite a pile of rainbow eggs and I want to make them into egg sacs for ice fishing. My buddy did that last year here and would kill the bows and mack in the Flaming Gorge through the ice. Unfortunally, he is no longer around. What I am looking to do is cure the eggs and tie them the same way as the the ones you get at the local shops like Poor Richards. If anybody could give me tips on how to do this and where to get the material I would sure appreciate it. I have looked around on the internet and the few shops we have in the area and I cant find anything. Any help would be appreciated... Thanks

2 Replies Related Threads

Bughawk
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3247
    RE: Egg Sacs?? 2007/11/16 16:58:05 (permalink)
    Silverbullet,

I suggest that you contact Poor Richards and they can set you up with the materials you need.  They have all the tying materials you need.  It is very easy to tie sacks with a simple tying tool and supplies.  They also have all the materials to cure the eggs.

pax vobiscum +
    justinl8688
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 330
    RE: Egg Sacs?? 2007/11/16 16:59:57 (permalink)
    I purchased a little kit from****s sporting goods that has the thread, mesh netting, float beads, and metal device for tying sacs and I think it works fine

2005 Triton TR21X
    225 Mercury Optimax

Jump to: