what a difference...

Author
dimebrite
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3207
  • Reward points: 0
2011/05/03 20:14:53 (permalink)

what a difference...

Wow, what a difference from this year from last.... still barely 50 degree water temps and still 2000... we were 200 at this time last year... I might have to try to catch my first dropback in the month of june this year...lmao...

13 Replies Related Threads

retired guy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3107
    RE: what a difference... 2011/05/03 20:46:09 (permalink)
    Hey Dime-
      Got a break here at the last minute and am heading up tomorrow for a couple of days for cast and blast. Probably gonna be wet but who cares. No bad days for Turkey or Steel.
      Hope you get a work break and get up before that June wish..

metalslayer
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 689
    RE: what a difference... 2011/05/03 21:45:18 (permalink)
    Looked like today most of the guides were from Pineville down ;)

Steel on a pin---so easy a caveman can do it.
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: what a difference... 2011/05/04 05:48:10 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: metalslayer

Looked like today most of the guides were from Pineville down ;)

Stop rubbing it in metal...

Hey re... enjoy your trip...remember the rule of no added weight for fly zones :) im sure if this water comes down soon there will be piles of em here and there. btw, june july andaugust are the only months I haven't caught one in the river. One of these days im going to change that; justneed to find the time to put in the effort.
    draketrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1577
    RE: what a difference... 2011/05/04 19:59:20 (permalink)
    Dime - if you ever catch that elusive 20lb Skam that the NY Visitor's Bureau talks about,

make sure to get a good pic of it..

It will be worth more than OBL's death photo..

post edited by draketrutta - 2011/05/04 20:00:07
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: what a difference... 2011/05/05 05:46:45 (permalink)
    Hey drake when I get my summer run in the month of june,july, or august; I will be charging people $10 for a quick peek of the pic and $100 for spot and rigging info :)

Btw, I have caught them before but in mostly fall and early winter months. The earliest I caught one was first weekend of september; although it was still summer; I still dont cherish the catch as much as I would in the heart of the summer.
    metalslayer
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 689
    RE: what a difference... 2011/05/05 05:50:59 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: draketrutta

Dime - if you ever catch that elusive 20lb Skam that the NY Visitor's Bureau talks about,

make sure to get a good pic of it..

It will be worth more than OBL's death photo..

Got 1 on the wall(but caught in Oct).

Steel on a pin---so easy a caveman can do it.
    retired guy
    Pro Angler
    RE: what a difference... 2011/05/06 00:06:06 (permalink)
    Dime- Just got back its Thurs nite about 1145,
    If you wanna get a 'summer run' Steel ya better rush. They went out of my favorite side creek right on time 3 weeks ago and the only thing I saw swimming in the SR today was stone dead and floating. Could be that their 'time clock' isnt too affected by the cool weather.
       Only talked to a couple of guys cause there were only a couple of guys. Couple of hookups for the past couple of days each and nothing landed for 2 days for each of them. They were separate one low and one up. One guy was wearing polarized glasses and said he saw one here and there right tight to the shore and lethrgic looking.
    Am sure the fish are there but ya gotta know where to go or get lucky. Havent hit my mid to late May secret spot yet. Fella said they still have fish in the hatchery so more are certainly on the way down.
       When I got up late Wed. PM stopped and watched a guy hookup on a drift boat at Ellis but he lost it. Was making a lot of waves and may have been fouled.  Drizeled all the way up and in the very low 40s- got real nice today and the water seem to be coming down and its pretty clear. Syracuse paper said they just had 19 days with some rain each day. I cleaned up on Chubs  and fished the top and the bottom in the afternoon and evening.
    Never saw a Turkey all the way up  all along the Mass Pike & the Thrughway. Nothing Gobbling at my place today either, Then the wife called and said the dog died. Figured I was zero for three and called the trip short and came home before getting hit by a truck or something.

BTW- here I go again- just read some business 'reports' and gotta say ---just erased a long paragraph about bovine field splatter- why bother.  Bounced around a few places reading the reports and  the 'ON FIRE' term was used. No wonder the guys complain sometimes -they read that stuff-run up and  experience 'ON FIRE'  and never come back. Kinda like those places that have been "going out of business" for 20 years.
    post edited by retired guy - 2011/05/06 11:51:06
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: what a difference... 2011/05/06 19:03:51 (permalink)
    Sorry to hear retired...
    pistolpete76
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 214
    RE: what a difference... 2011/05/06 21:03:13 (permalink)
    Retired, So sorry to hear about your dog.They don't ask for much and love you no matter what.
    retired guy
    Pro Angler
    RE: what a difference... 2011/05/06 21:11:29 (permalink)
    Thanks guys-
      Actually kind of happy ---lived longer than the dog--got a new lab pup a few weeks ago cause we could see what was up with my old lab--hope to outlive the pup too--sooner or later one of em is gonna beat me- now, if I could just kill a dumb Turkey and catch a half dead fish---ahhhh but the Chubs were Hot actually, On Fire.
       We bred and raised top quality Labs for many years but now it down to one at a time.
    post edited by retired guy - 2011/05/06 21:13:33
    draketrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1577
    RE: what a difference... 2011/05/06 22:37:13 (permalink)
    All Dogs go to Heaven...

Chances are you will not outlive your wife RT..

you see, the life insurance industry conducted a nationwide study and determined that - in almost all long-term marriages,- the husband always dies first..

The reason is simple.
    they want to..

YEEHAH !!!
    pafisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3000
    RE: what a difference... 2011/05/07 00:07:19 (permalink)
    RT,you have to come down my way for those dumb turkeys.They're so dumb that I had one walk into my house last year and look around.Had a flock of 26 surround the house in March and all were hens but one huge gobbler....if he has n't died from exertion he is one frisky bird.Now I see a few single hens so they must be nesting.
    Won't be up that way until fall the way it looks.
    retired guy
    Pro Angler
    RE: what a difference... 2011/05/07 12:06:44 (permalink)
    I'd like to know what the ins. stats are for guys who stay single-- have a sneaky suspicion that its the women killing us
    Jump to: