Pigeon shoots

Author
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
  • Reward points: 0
2011/04/14 13:24:49 (permalink)

Pigeon shoots

Dardys would this affect Pheasnt hunts on a preserve or just pigeon shoots ??

Pennsylvania’s Longstanding Sporting Tradition Under Attack Again!
Please Contact Members of the Senate Judiciary Committee!

State Senator Patrick Browne (R-16) is again leading the charge for “animal rights” extremists in Pennsylvania. Senate Bill 626, simply put, would criminalize and ban organized bird shoots in Pennsylvania. Unfortunately yesterday, Senate Bill 626 passed in the Senate Judiciary Committee by an 11 to 3 vote.

Senators voting correctly against SB 626:
Jeffrey Piccola (R-15)
John Rafferty (R-44)
Joseph Scarnati (R-25), ex-officio

Senators who voted for SB 626:
Richard Alloway (R-33)
Lisa Boscola (D-1)
Jane Earll (R-49)
Lawrence Farnese, Jr. (D-1)
John Gordner (R-27)
Stewart Greenleaf (R-12), Chairman
Vincent Hughes (D-7)
Daylin Leach (D-17), Minority Chairman
Jane Clare Orie (R-40)
Michael Stack (D-5)
Mary Jo White (R-21), Vice Chairman

Bird shooting is an historic and legitimate activity steeped in tradition with many participants throughout the Commonwealth and around the world. For over a century, shoots have been held in Pennsylvania by law-abiding, ethical shooting enthusiasts, hunters, and sportsmen who would not tolerate an activity that would constitute cruelty to animals.

National "animal rights" extremist groups, led by the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), have organized and funded efforts in Pennsylvania and around the country to ban this longstanding traditional shooting sport. Make no mistake; this isn't just about banning bird shooting, but banning all hunting species by species.

Please contact those members of the Senate Judiciary Committee who voted to pass SB 626 and let them know how disappointed you are that they supported the radical “animal rights” agenda. Contact information for the committee can be found here.

Also, please contact state Senator Browne and let him know of your opposition to this bill. He can be reached by e-mail at pbrowne@pasen.gov.

This alert is posted to http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=6699

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

1 Reply Related Threads

DarDys
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4894
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: Pigeon shoots 2011/04/14 14:26:35 (permalink)
    Bings,

Good question.  I don't know.  I would suspect that it is pigeons only -- at this point -- because preserves require a permit, have certain size and season restrictions, etc. stipulated by the PGC.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    Jump to: