WANTED: CANOE

Author
fish whisper
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 529
  • Reward points: 0
2011/04/07 20:30:09 (permalink)

WANTED: CANOE

IF anyone has a respectable canoe for under $300 please PM me..

4 Replies Related Threads

Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2196
    RE: WANTED: CANOE 2011/04/08 00:19:44 (permalink)
    fish whisper,

What type are you looking for? Plastic or composite material ones weigh a lot more than the aluminum ones. If you are fording it very far at any given time it can make a big difference. Also, length and width? If it is just going to be you in it then a weight rating may not matter, but add a second person and some gear if you are planning longer float trips then unfortunately I would have to say 'yep, size matters'!

Just wanted a bit more info so folks could keep an eye out for you. I know I have seen them for sale even at yard sales and regularly see them posted on local bulletin boards. Will watch and pass along info if I see any more in the near future.
    Good luck in the search!
    fish whisper
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 529
    RE: WANTED: CANOE 2011/04/08 11:11:07 (permalink)
    Hey thanks, yeah I'm looking for a two person canoe doesn't have to be fancy. Doesn't matter whether its too beat or not as long as it floats. The cheaper the better
    Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2196
    RE: WANTED: CANOE 2011/04/08 11:40:35 (permalink)
    One place to look that Erie Mako mentioned to me this morning after he read your post and I hadn't thought of before...

The canoe 'livery' businesses along the Clarion River (Cooks Forest area) sometimes sell off used canoes. I don't know why they sell them instead of use them, maybe there are cosmetic issues or they need repairs that the company doesn't want to do or can't use them in their business because of insuranse if they are 'repaired'... I don't know... but he said he's seen them marked for sale there. So maybe do a yellow book lookup for canoe rentals and make a few calls.

What area are you in? Even a good deal isn't as good if it costs $100 in gas to get it...
    fishinprogress
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 128
    RE: WANTED: CANOE 2011/04/08 16:51:28 (permalink)
    I have a 14' fiberglass...its in some rough shape but it floats...I'd probly give it to someone that would use it
    Jump to: