Route 5 lodging

Author
bigcountryhuntr
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 216
  • Reward points: 0
2011/02/20 12:48:56 (permalink)

Route 5 lodging

I am making my way up to erie for my third time to fish the streams this march. The first two times I have stayed at two different motels. I prefered the second but can not find any of the names of these places. If you are driving east on route 5 from fairview the first place is just a little ways past poor richards I do believe and the second is roughly 2 or three more miles down the road. They are both on the northern side of road. The second was much cleaner and the little old lady was very friendly to us. I would love to stay there again. does anyone know their names or phone numbers so I can make reservations or does anyone know of other half decent places to stay around the fairvies area. Thanks so much.

5 Replies Related Threads

spinnerspooner
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 307
    RE: Route 5 lodging 2011/02/21 12:26:00 (permalink)
    I know the motels you mean and they are on the LH side going east. There are 2 or 3 of them and one of them is close to a small restaurant also on the LH side.   Wish I could help you with their names but I have not stayed at either.   However I have on at least 10 occasions stayed at the Riviera Motel, further on down toward the town of Erie.  Best way I can describe it is you follow 5 East until you come to that tavern on the RH side by the Airport.  I think it's called Night Flight.    They been a bitschin since early football season because they're gonna tear that tavern down to widen the road adjacent to the airport.   Maybe that's already happened.    Anyway, at that intersection there's a roadway that shoots off to the left at an angle,  And I'm sorry, but I don't know its Route Number but it heads in a NE direction towards Presque Isle and Waldemeer Park.   There are numerous motels on this road, but the one I've stayed at the most is the Riviera and it is almost directly across from the south entrance of Waldemeer.    In other words Waldemeer is on your left, and the Riviera is on your right.   The rooms are clean, but small, they have a pool in summer, and they have high speed internet, ask for a room close to the office to get better reception.   This place has it's own website.   I think the rooms go for about $42 a night.

Above all, avoid at all costs staying at a hell hole on Rt 20 called the Hard Rock Motel.   The owner there is a complete scumbag.   And actually I'm paying him a compliment.
    post edited by spinnerspooner - 2011/02/21 12:32:45
    akitadog
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 977
    RE: Route 5 lodging 2011/02/21 14:33:36 (permalink)
    i have stayed at about every motel around erie. the rivera is my choise in that area. very clean and real nice people. depending on where you fish the most. the green roof in is by far the best. good price, very clean and big rooms. that is on 18 south just a couple miles from girard.
    Erie Mako
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 446
    RE: Route 5 lodging 2011/02/21 14:38:12 (permalink)
    Street & Trips shows the Maple Motel and the Vernondale Motel, both are just east of the "Gate of Heaven" cemetery. 

On the internet, EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion!
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2852
    RE: Route 5 lodging 2011/02/21 15:24:16 (permalink)
    Stay away from the Maple. It's filthy!
    mrkeith
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 69
    RE: Route 5 lodging 2011/02/21 21:05:21 (permalink)
    If the little old lady's office was a room connected to the house, it was the Vernondale. When I stayed there, it was clean and when you wake up, it looks like it's still 1965.
    Jump to: