PGC recommending legalizing of "draw locs"

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
retired guy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3107
  • Reward points: 0
RE: PGC recommending legalizing of "draw locs" 2011/01/24 12:07:29 (permalink)
Hey Tuna-
  Im no longer part of PA hunting. I hunt several other states now. The point I was trying to make was that I agree  those who suffer physical limitations should be afforded alternative weapon choices so that they too may enjoy a hunting experience similar to that the rest of us with NO limitations enjoy.
  Many, if not all, states offer such alternatives. The prime example is that of a crossbow during archery season. This is in no way intended to have more varied seasons- simply to include those who cannot participate due to weapon restrictions. Another example is the handicapped fishing access areas common to my state. We also allow one with hearing issues to use a bow during gun season.
  I  might agree with more seasons as you suggest if they made one for spears. Id love to jump off an overhanging limb with one as a deer passes by, one of us would probably get killed.
post edited by retired guy - 2011/01/24 12:17:47
S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
RE: PGC recommending legalizing of "draw locs" 2011/01/24 15:22:38 (permalink)
I might agree with more seasons as you suggest if they made one for spears. Id love to jump off an overhanging limb with one as a deer passes by, one of us would probably get killed.

You will have to look up one of our former BOC members named Roxanne Palone who was the president of the BOC for awhile. She was supporting allowing spears for deer hunting. It got such bad press that spear hunting for deer in Pennsylvania even got a spot on the comedy channel. For a few years there was nothing the BOC wouldn't try if it meant killing a few more deer.
post edited by S-10 - 2011/01/24 15:23:28
retired guy
Pro Angler
RE: PGC recommending legalizing of "draw locs" 2011/01/24 15:54:39 (permalink)
  I know I said that tongue in cheek and thought Tuna did too. Cant believe someone at that level of responsibility actually suggested it for real. Been reading all this PA deer controversy stuff for some time now and have just realized how big a  problem you really have.
  Kind of thought those guys saying the antis were involved in your decision making process were a bit "out there" but after this -wow. How on Earth could someone with such an out of touch point of view actually be appointed to such a position. If that one was the president how many voted her in and hold similar far out views- not to mention whoever appointed them to their  positions in the first place.
   Perhaps you should  offer to go nut gathering with whoever is responsible for appointing such people, cause they sure know where to find them.

post edited by retired guy - 2011/01/24 16:22:06
S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
RE: PGC recommending legalizing of "draw locs" 2011/01/24 16:35:37 (permalink)
Here is an excerpt from a Washington Post article from Nov 13,2005 on the subject titled --"Pennsylvania May Let Hunters Use Prehistoric Weapon"----And this gal has been trying to undermine the current BOC for not continuing some of the policies she had a hand in putting in place. It has surely been an interesting decade for PA hunters.

Game Commissioner Roxane Palone, who generally supports legalization of atlatl hunting, said there are other game commissioners who probably will join her to vote for it.

"It's a good way to expand hunting opportunities," she said. "I don't think it's any more unusual than people who use long bows to hunt."

If the commission gives preliminary approval in January, a final vote in April could clear the way for atlatl hunting in Pennsylvania late next year, Palone said.

bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: PGC recommending legalizing of "draw locs" 2011/01/24 16:59:09 (permalink)
Can't beleive they would deny us the use of such a popular weapon....

Kinda like their vote on the inclusion of crossbows. They denied the use of optics and totally dropped the ball by forgetting about the disabled hunters using them...

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

retired guy
Pro Angler
RE: PGC recommending legalizing of "draw locs" 2011/01/25 17:23:13 (permalink)
  The only surprise to me is that ONLY 200,000 got out.  Or did they- seems like a lot of folks may have simply elected to fly under the radar.
As I said in another post -at some point we may all have to become Indians.
I do NOT generally suggest or support that kind of stuff but different folks have different thresholds for nutty rules  affecting their way of life and how they will deal with it.
After reading the recent info I congratulate each and every one of you for sticking it out and trying to induce change. Guys like RSB need a medal for what they must be  putting up with behind the scenes that you guys probably never  hear about..
I realize this stuff creates the arguments and fights I read here but it is clear that you guys MUST find common ground in order to create positive changes. The arguing  just prolongs the efforts to clear things up over there and just helps the ACORNS continue their crazyness.
A couple of online hunter surveys created by HUNTERS with enough common sense suggestions presented to Elected Officials ( not those nuts) may be in order here-
Good Hunting
post edited by retired guy - 2011/01/26 15:33:13
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: