Eastern Tribs/Food for Thought

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
World Famous
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2213
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Eastern Tribs/Food for Thought 2011/01/12 17:03:47 (permalink)
How far up are they??
dano
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3030
RE: Eastern Tribs/Food for Thought 2011/01/12 19:40:38 (permalink)
Anyone else notice less fish since Sportsman's Warehouse closed?
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
RE: Eastern Tribs/Food for Thought 2011/01/12 19:47:16 (permalink)
I think it's the illegal Amish Muslims' that are responsible.

Or Swine flu

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
ShutUpNFish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3834
RE: Eastern Tribs/Food for Thought 2011/01/12 19:57:37 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: spoonchucker

Let's try this again.

The PF&BC is stocking the SAME size smolts, at the SAME time as always. And in the same general numbers +/= 5% or so.

THe one difference there might be ( and I'm not sure this is the case ). Is when they collect the eggs. Are they taking more from late runners, as opposed to early runners. If this were the case, it might result in the "runs" being spread out more evenly thru the season. Rather than a few very large runs early.

And again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again!

Riverbum
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 294
RE: Eastern Tribs/Food for Thought 2011/01/12 20:54:07 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: bingsbaits

90-10 ??

90% whine about not enough fish while 10% go fishing and catch fish.

BINGO-this issue will never die...hilarious what threads get hot

"Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."~by Tony Blake~

"Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in. Its thin current slides away, but eternity remains."
~by Henry David Thoreau~

Kokanee Killer
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1015
RE: Eastern Tribs/Food for Thought 2011/01/12 21:25:29 (permalink)
ITS OK THE FISHING IS STILL GOOD JUS FISH........MAAAAN IT SEEMS LIKE SOME FOLKS WANNA CATCH STEELHEAD LIKE WHEN THE STOCK TRUCK PULLS AWAY FROM A RECENT IN SEASON STOCKING jus fish and enjoy the opportunity to do so.

I have become comfortably numb
Ironhed
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1892
RE: Eastern Tribs/Food for Thought 2011/01/13 00:02:32 (permalink)
90-10 ??

Haha!
Reminds me of PA deer hunters!

Ironhed

Blacktop Charters
rippinlip
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2146
RE: Eastern Tribs/Food for Thought 2011/01/13 08:18:49 (permalink)
+1

You should have been here yesterday.............. Streams are made for the wise man to contemplate and fools to pass by [Sir Izaak Walton]
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4913
RE: Eastern Tribs/Food for Thought 2011/01/13 09:16:42 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Ironhed

90-10 ??

Haha!
Reminds me of PA deer hunters!

Ironhed

Don't take the thread off topic or you will lock it.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
eyeassassin
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 847
RE: Eastern Tribs/Food for Thought 2011/01/13 10:36:02 (permalink)
okay so this is just my opinion.  i am not an expert steelheader by any means but i catch fish.  i like to watch what the guys who catch them consistantly are doing and i ask them questions, more often than not ppl are willing to share some information.  and i am not afraid to walk, i dont need to fish the manchester hole with everyone and their second cousin.  walking as everyone has said is an enjoyable experience, and its great to be out.  if you put some time in walking you may find you will catch more fish than trying to catch the fish who are shell shocked frome spitshots and spoons hitting them all day.  Now i have not caught fish everytime but i will never say it is a wasted trip or whine about the drive from pittsburgh to come home empty handed,  THATS WHY IT IS CALLED FISHING AND NOT CATCHING!

REMEMBER HOW MUCH FUN YOUR FIRST BIG ONE WAS. TAKE A KID FISHING
deetz4352
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3549
RE: Eastern Tribs/Food for Thought 2011/01/13 20:00:40 (permalink)
Just so everyone knows......If the "gas drilling" in North East  becomes a reality then there will never be any more steelhead,suckers and smallie runs ever again in 20 mile crick.

Check the other thread that chrisrowboat posted. The numbers in 20 mile will never be in question again since there will never be another run if gas drilling happens in and around the North East area.

The Deetz

The Deetz
Fishermen are born honest,but they get over it
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
RE: Eastern Tribs/Food for Thought 2011/01/14 14:02:11 (permalink)
topdog,

I have had numerous conversations with those involved, and I HAVE seen for myself. Every year for the past 15+.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
Split Shot
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 891
RE: Eastern Tribs/Food for Thought 2011/01/14 14:44:50 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: glen

The East side of 20 Mile definetly had more fish than the West side of 20 Mile, but I found the most fish were concentrated in the ENE section. This can be simply explained by the directional 5 degree shift of the spinning of the earth on it's axis during the atumnal equinox. I should also note that 100% of fish hooked were hooked in the lower left corner of the mouth which is consistant with the above facts.
Do rely on this info for planning trips because it could change at any time. PM me for up to date reports.

Glen, I know you know you stuff, but I think it was a 6 degree shift and concentrated in the WNW section. Just say'n!

My Wife said, if I go fish'n one more time, she'll leave me! God, I'm going to miss her!
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to: