Tea Bag Wings

Author
steely34
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1280
  • Reward points: 0
2010/12/28 10:13:37 (permalink)

Tea Bag Wings

Some examples of wings created by using glueing feathers onto tea bag wrapper paper.
I'm working on it Kevin - Hopefully I'll get it to ya soon. I know there's no rush but I hate to leave stuff on a list of things to do....

Should have added a third wing case on this one....

"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it..... you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."

John Gierach

2 Replies Related Threads

HCsteel
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 732
    RE: Tea Bag Wings 2010/12/28 13:33:59 (permalink)
    Nice wings. Do you use the templates or just cut by hand? I know tiemco made some metal templates to burn with I believe. Does it take much longer or not really because you do the wings all at once?
    steely34
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1280
    RE: Tea Bag Wings 2010/12/28 16:21:33 (permalink)
    Yes and No HC. For dries - the wings are hand cut - I have yet to make a wing burner for these yet. For the caddis and the stone - they are from burners I made myself. There are wing cutters also that you can get and they are very nice to work with but they are $$$.

"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it..... you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."

John Gierach

Jump to: