merry chrome-mas

Author
dimebrite
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3207
  • Reward points: 0
2010/12/25 13:33:37 (permalink)

merry chrome-mas

well folks, some of the best action yet on the lower river just passed us a few days ago. i have been fortunate enough to have hit those 2-3 days (that usually occur sometime in december where runs of large steelhead come in to the lower river) more than a few times. my best day ever was back in 91 the weekend before christmas. non stop action from 8-4 on a beautiful sunny sunday. there were hours at a time where it was fish every or every other cast...unfortunately i missed it this year, but i'm sure there are many more to come... merry christmas to all, and retired; if you get up there, try your best to put in even a small effort, you should be rewarded...

5 Replies Related Threads

HCsteel
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 732
    RE: merry chrome-mas 2010/12/25 20:08:25 (permalink)
    Shouldnt be hard to snag up some lethargic steel with a 9 weight double taper and some big old pencil lead and slinkies tied onto a nymph rig.
    Kokanee Killer
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1015
    RE: merry chrome-mas 2010/12/25 22:52:09 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: HCsteel

Shouldnt be hard to snag up some lethargic steel with a 9 weight double taper and some big old pencil lead and slinkies tied onto a nymph rig.

??????

I have become comfortably numb
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: merry chrome-mas 2010/12/26 08:22:39 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Kokanee Killer

ORIGINAL: HCsteel

??????

this boy is offended by me telling him to get over himself... for the 9 weight fly rod and pencil lead; most likely is his rig; and for lothargic steelhead not biting; well he aughta learn and study the fish a little more; also frsh fish out of the lake in december are far from lothargic, you should try it sometime; you should have plenty of time in your highschool to read up a little more on steelhead...

P.S. HCsteel is probably one those people who thinks that you are braking the rules if you don't only swing flies for steelhead. and god forbid someone nymphs with a two-handed rod with some BB shot... meanwhile, his dumb arse probably just bought a 2 handed rod last year and now thinks he's god because all he does is swing flies for steelhead... but has he caught any doing it yet?????
    post edited by dimebrite - 2010/12/26 09:27:44
    HCsteel
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 732
    RE: merry chrome-mas 2010/12/26 17:37:24 (permalink)
    yep yep gotta love the nine weight. makes catching those moldy saimen realllly easy.
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: merry chrome-mas 2010/12/26 18:24:16 (permalink)
    far from moldy.had to chase this one around 200 yards to finally land it... gotta love those teens cohoes BTW... my salmon season ends once it begins for most... once they get moldy you might see me throwing a flesh pattern for steelies
    post edited by dimebrite - 2010/12/26 19:48:26

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
    Jump to: