Question for anyone from Penn Fed

Author
wayne c
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3473
  • Reward points: 0
2010/12/15 15:05:06 (permalink)

Question for anyone from Penn Fed

Rumor has it, that Penn Fed. of sportsmen clubs has or is considering joining "the camo coalition" that is being put together by "Penn Future" and "the wildlife federation".

I find that interesting as both are enviro extreme groups that are hardly hunters friends, and clearly now want to have "hunters" join them to strengthen their own voice and political gains. Penn Fed has already been entrenched with the "wildlife federation" a short while back, and supposedly cut ties due to their extremism, which while upper honchos didnt mind at pennfed, did not help Penn Fed one bit with their membership and was danaging to them politically. I find it hard to believe that they would turn around and rejoin them, now just because theyve cloaked themselves with a new hunter friendly sounding nickname..

I personally cannot believe any "sportsmen group" who knows who these people are actually would get involved with them at all. Hoping this is just a rumor, and no truth to it at all.

Anyone know the details here?
post edited by wayne c - 2010/12/15 15:11:10

3 Replies Related Threads

dpms
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3509
    RE: Question for anyone from Penn Fed 2010/12/15 17:42:39 (permalink)
    Every sportsmen group was contacted about being represented on the board of the camo coalition.  To my knowledge, none have accepted. 

I was personally contacted several times but declined.  While I believe that it is important for sportsmens groups to be able to work together productively on issues of mutual interest, having this coalition moderate the discussions concerns me. 

My rifle is a black rifle
    wayne c
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3473
    RE: Question for anyone from Penn Fed 2010/12/15 18:27:32 (permalink)
    I agree dpms. There is nothing wrong with working productively but separately on issues when necessary. And lets not forget, we arent talking about sportsmen groups working together here. We are talking about sportsmen groups & environmentalists being taken in under one umbrella by nonhunting groups to further their own agendas. Pennfuture is not a "hunting" group, nor is the "wildlife federation". But those are the two coordinators and creators of the "camo coalition".

As for the Penn Fed, rumor has it that Penn Fed didnt jump on board immediately because the "camo coalition" hadnt yet "organized itself", and there were too many "loose ends". That part of the rumor also is in agreement with same statement made over at the woodpile. But supposedly that has since been addressed by Pennfuture & Wildlife Fed? While i dont know the validity of the camo coalition support from pennfed, it seems to be a moot point since they support the very organization that is founding the group the wildlife federation! If not, then what on earth is THIS doing on Penn Feds website; "on target", Nov. Dec. 2010 issue???? I think i may have posed that question before....maybe even had a reply from Doc on it. Cant recall specifics though.

"THE PENNSYLVANIA WILDLIFE FEDERATION
    PWF is the educational arm of PFSC.
    Our mission is to educate Pennsylvanians about our environment and
    inspire them to protect and conserve our natural resources.
    Donations to PWF are tax deductible to the extent provided by law.
    Phone 717-232-3480 * info@pawildlife.org * www.pawildlife.org."

Also just noticed they have a representative by the name of "Pa camocoalition" on hpa that is trying to drum up membership on the boards. Apparently with the encouragement and support of the board judging by statement made by admin. "bluetick" not long ago. Although im not surprised given the reputation for their enviromentalist ideals of those who run the boards. Bad ju-ju.
    post edited by wayne c - 2010/12/15 18:55:28
    S-10
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5185
    RE: Question for anyone from Penn Fed 2010/12/16 09:25:00 (permalink)
    I noticed that they are also advertising for members on the first page of this site .
    Jump to: