nothing huge but fun

Author
3fan
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 668
  • Reward points: 0
2010/12/12 15:43:20 (permalink)

nothing huge but fun

Havent had time to fish the last month with trail work for the snowmobile club and hunting but took 2 hours and went to my favorite trout stream this morning, 38 degrees and steady rain. Brought a float rod and some pts and other type wet flies, cought a brown right of the bat 10 incher, nothing for a while so i switched rods to a ultralight and panther martin. 2 more browns around the same size and a rainbow, I have fished this stream for over 20 years and never cought anything but browns, this little piece of chrome really made my day, had the widest pink stripe on it and was as shiney as fresh chrome, good to get a fishing rod in my hands again.

1 Reply Related Threads

dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3207
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: nothing huge but fun 2010/12/12 17:15:32 (permalink)
    thats good to hear 3fan... i just got back from the salmon; saturday was a wash since i had 2 trucks and a tractor stuck in the snow. by the time i got them out, fishing was not on my mind. got out for about 2 hrs thios morning and hooked 2. landed one of them although it was only about 16 inches. but like you said, a fresh little piece of shrome can really make your day. needless to say though, there are fish in the river. i spoke with a guy who did excellent in the dsr on saturday. oregon cheese sucker spawn tied very bulky. tight lines guys...
    Jump to: