Slob Hunters

Author
Big Tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1882
  • Reward points: 0
2010/12/09 08:14:07 (permalink)

Slob Hunters

I went hunting on first Sat.on gun season to take a doe and did take one of the three I saw and adult doe with two fawns.It was a chip shot of all but 35 yards and she ran 15 and died.I gutted her and my son arrived at the right time so he pull her down the hill to the truck(nice of him taking care of the old man).I saw a yote before I got my doe but didn't get a shot.Yesterday son and I went to my sure kill hooch a small one sided blind of logs piled up with a perfect cherry tree that has a built in rifle rest( he wanted to shot a doe,I had no gun).This spot is less than 150 yards from the road but is just a killer spot,well to make a LONG story shorter,we got there at 1:00 and I told him the wind is wrong but you never know so we fought off the brutal wind till 4:00 and called it a day.When we decided to leave I said I wanted to check the gut pile to see if Mr yote was hitting it.I walk over and it was not hit and coverd with snow,I look maybe 5 yards ove and see a TANK doe dead covered with snow and frozen,this doe was shot on the left side and the with the exit hole out the top of the back.No tracks of person that shot it,and I'm pretty sure it was shot by a ROAD HUNTER from the angle of the shot. WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS SH-T.They are not hunters and should we punished by loss of lic.for life.I had to tell this story because it's really bothering me.Sorry to ramble but I'm ****ed.

3 Replies Related Threads

bulldog1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5203
    RE: Slob Hunters 2010/12/09 10:16:24 (permalink)
    Had a friend hunting at my place this past Saturday and you can see the road from the stand he was in. Midway through the day a red pick up truck stops along the road and 4 guys jump out, run to the edge of the road and let loose. They immediately jumped back in the truck and took off, never went to check for blood. I did check several hours later and didn't find blood, but I wasn't sure where they were shooting. That is why I post that section of ground and it still happens almost every year...
    bassboatbill
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1194
    RE: Slob Hunters 2010/12/09 11:24:04 (permalink)
    DOUCHBAGS!!!...sorry but thats what they are!

Reputation is made in a moment.......Character is built in a lifetime

SonofZ3
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 657
    RE: Slob Hunters 2010/12/09 13:18:15 (permalink)
    Saw a lot of road hunters up in 2E. At least, a lot of guys with orange hats and rifles driving sslloowwllyy up the road, stopping by the field for a few minutes, then driving sslloowwllyy away. I suppose they could've just been driving around, but it sure looked like road hunting to me. I really don't understand it. The deer I got up in 2E was a whopping 7 minute walk downhill from where we parked, not exactly a hard hike.

Support your local Fly Shop!

OHWM
    Jump to: