Don't Forget Your License On Monday

Author
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4893
  • Reward points: 0
2010/11/26 12:55:04 (permalink)

Don't Forget Your License On Monday

I just got back from guiding a pheasant hunt at a local club and as I was putting my gear away I noticed that my huntng license was on my upland strap vest (where it should be for today).  Had I not rolled the vest over to remove the dog leads from a back pocket, I probably would have not noticed and been out there on Monday sans my license.

If you have hunted any small game, water fowl, or deer with different clothes, today would probably be a good time to make sure that you have transferred your license to your gear for Monday.

Best of luck to all.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.

12 Replies Related Threads

rippinlip
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2146
    RE: Don't Forget Your License On Monday 2010/11/26 13:14:24 (permalink)
    Good lookin out. I'm going over my stuff today. picked up some field dressing gloves. Sharpening the knife next.

You should have been here yesterday.............. Streams are made for the wise man to contemplate and fools to pass by [Sir Izaak Walton]
    Bull Lifter
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 407
    RE: Don't Forget Your License On Monday 2010/11/26 19:14:35 (permalink)
    i cant find my gloves.........haha they've been "lost" since archery season..not in my room, truck, sun porch, entry way, garage...basement. lol only place i can think of they are at our other building or in the woods on the quad trail...lets hope the other building......but this is a good reminder to get everything pre prepaired..
    PymieCaster
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 88
    RE: Don't Forget Your License On Monday 2010/11/27 00:07:14 (permalink)
    yep make a list and as the saying goes,,,,CHECK IT TWICE. leaving for the hills in the morning everthig packed and checked off of the list and licence is on hinting coat but the way it looks it might have to go on something else at 45 to 50 degree's on monday

AND MOST IMPORTANT BE CAREFUL OUT THE EVERYBODY
    GOOD LUCK!!!
    SonofZ3
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 657
    RE: Don't Forget Your License On Monday 2010/11/27 10:46:36 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: PymieCaster

yep make a list and as the saying goes,,,,CHECK IT TWICE. leaving for the hills in the morning everthig packed and checked off of the list and licence is on hinting coat but the way it looks it might have to go on something else at 45 to 50 degree's on monday

AND MOST IMPORTANT BE CAREFUL OUT THE EVERYBODY
    GOOD LUCK!!!

Pymie: Check the hourly forecast for where you'll be. I was thinking the same thing until I checked the hourly for here, its going to be in the 20's when I head into the woods and warming up slowly. I'm dressing for the 30's and planning on being a little extra toasty by 4pm.

I'm only hunting 20 minutes out my back door, but I've been so boyishly excited that I keep checking and re-checking everything. I've shifted knife, tags, pen, drag rope and a bunch of other things between my filson field coat and the coveralls and back a half dozen times in the last few days. I also keep wanting to go back to my spot and make sure I got my shooting lanes cleared and everything like that, but I don't need to be polluting the place with scent and sign that normally isn't there, so I've stayed away.

Support your local Fly Shop!

OHWM
    mr.crappie
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2549
    RE: Don't Forget Your License On Monday 2010/11/29 17:20:24 (permalink)
    Dardys, As I was leaving the house this morn. , I thought of what you said & remembered that when I came home from deer hunting in West Va. I didn't put my Pa. license back on my coat. Even though I don't usualy hunt first day here anymore I would have been in a bind if I chose to.Everything else was in my bag. So thanks sam
    ORIGINAL: DarDys

I just got back from guiding a pheasant hunt at a local club and as I was putting my gear away I noticed that my huntng license was on my upland strap vest (where it should be for today).  Had I not rolled the vest over to remove the dog leads from a back pocket, I probably would have not noticed and been out there on Monday sans my license.

If you have hunted any small game, water fowl, or deer with different clothes, today would probably be a good time to make sure that you have transferred your license to your gear for Monday.

Best of luck to all.

DarDys
    Pro Angler
    RE: Don't Forget Your License On Monday 2010/12/17 09:05:35 (permalink)
    Darn near did it again.  I am heading out pheasant hunting in a coupl eof hours and almost forgot to swtich my hunting license from my still/ground hunting vest to my pheasant vest.

So far this season my license has been from my pheasant hunting vest to my HSS tree stand vest to my still/ground hunting vest to my HSS tree stand vest to my still/ground hunting vest and now back to my pheasant vest.

I am going to wear the pin on the holder out soon -- LOL.

Outdoor Adventures
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1849
    RE: Don't Forget Your License On Monday 2010/12/17 11:50:22 (permalink)
    Join the crowd !!

Darn near did it again.  I am heading out pheasant hunting in a coupl eof hours and almost forgot to swtich my hunting license from my still/ground hunting vest to my pheasant vest.

So far this season my license has been from my pheasant hunting vest to my HSS tree stand vest to my still/ground hunting vest to my HSS tree stand vest to my still/ground hunting vest and now back to my pheasant vest.

RSB
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 932
    RE: Don't Forget Your License On Monday 2010/12/17 22:22:20 (permalink)

I agree!

I wish we could purchase three of the general license and privileges portions of our license. You would still only get one set of deer or turkey tags with each license but with the option to get three general information portions we could put one general license on the small game vest (no tags needed) and leave it there. Then print one general license with the turkey tags attached to put on and leave on the turkey-hunting vest. The third general license information would have the antlered deer tag so it and any antlerless, DMAP, bear or other big game associated tags could be put on the license holder that stays on the back pack I carry while deer hunting.

R.S. Bodenhorn
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2852
    RE: Don't Forget Your License On Monday 2010/12/18 00:26:50 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: RSB

I agree!

I wish we could purchase three of the general license and privileges portions of our license. You would still only get one set of deer or turkey tags with each license but with the option to get three general information portions we could put one general license on the small game vest (no tags needed) and leave it there. Then print one general license with the turkey tags attached to put on and leave on the turkey-hunting vest. The third general license information would have the antlered deer tag so it and any antlerless, DMAP, bear or other big game associated tags could be put on the license holder that stays on the back pack I carry while deer hunting.

R.S. Bodenhorn

How bout this?

Get one license and a set of tags that you carry in your wallet instead of displaying on your back. Revolutionary idea, I know.

Next thing you know, most of the 50 other state game agencies might start doing the same thing
    DarDys
    Pro Angler
    RE: Don't Forget Your License On Monday 2010/12/18 10:57:43 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: rsquared

ORIGINAL: RSB

I agree!

R.S. Bodenhorn

How bout this?

Get one license and a set of tags that you carry in your wallet instead of displaying on your back. Revolutionary idea, I know.

Next thing you know, most of the 50 other state game agencies might start doing the same thing

(Sarcasm font clearly on)

Wow!! What a great idea.  Maybe someone should suggest that to the legislature.

SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: Don't Forget Your License On Monday 2010/12/18 23:52:50 (permalink)
    Oh they know about it.  And it's being stopped because of the lil company that makes the license holders.  How about that.  I don't care much either way, but I wouldn't want to carry my wallet into the woods. 

I will have to move my license to my pajamas here soon.     Friends call my predator fall gray camo, pajamas.  I like wearing it in flintlock when there is snow.

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
    DarDys
    Pro Angler
    RE: Don't Forget Your License On Monday 2010/12/19 10:39:48 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: SilverKype

Oh they know about it.  And it's being stopped because of the lil company that makes the license holders.  How about that.  I don't care much either way, but I wouldn't want to carry my wallet into the woods. 

I will have to move my license to my pajamas here soon.     Friends call my predator fall gray camo, pajamas.  I like wearing it in flintlock when there is snow.

Please don't wear pajamas on the 30th.

Jump to: