4 wheeler at the tubes

Author
hookedonsteels
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 183
  • Reward points: 0
2010/11/21 21:44:29 (permalink)

4 wheeler at the tubes

Was going thru my pics and found this. Was fishing the tubes in Jan and a 4 wheeler crashed on the tracks above the tubes. The guy jumped off and was at the top of the tracks looking down. Lucky bugger. The thing came tumbling down thru the trees crashing. I almost crapped my waders. Fortunately, came down to the right of the tubes. If it would have been to the left it could have landed on the fisherman at the edge of the tubes. Odd thing was nobody even came down to fetch it. I left at dark and it was still there. Must have been a buddy's or stolen.

No working during fishing hours
TTTTTTODAY JJUNYA

6 Replies Related Threads

psu_fish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3157
    RE: 4 wheeler at the tubes 2010/11/22 18:21:09 (permalink)

The guy jumped off and was at the top of the tracks looking down. Lucky bugger.

sound like the rider was uninjured
    swinger
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1376
    RE: 4 wheeler at the tubes 2010/11/22 19:16:28 (permalink)
    Happens everyday in hillbilly land.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
    cbeagler
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1811
    RE: 4 wheeler at the tubes 2010/11/22 20:28:24 (permalink)
    Walnut Creek tubes? When i was younger...much younger... we used to jump off the top of the tube into the creek. I think the remains of an old nylon rope are still there.  That was back when the bottom of the tube ended even with the rest of it. 
    hookedonsteels
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 183
    RE: 4 wheeler at the tubes 2010/11/22 20:47:50 (permalink)
    Sorry Elk Tubes.  Yes the person was ok.  I yelled several times to get an answer and he peaked his head up over the tracks and gave me the thumbs up and walked along the tracks out of sight.  I was going to go up and try to find the guy but the fishing was too good that day.  I can joke now but that had me pretty shook up for a while.  Plus, is that hill steep or what !!!  They would have been carrying me out on a stretcher.

No working during fishing hours
    TTTTTTODAY JJUNYA
    Split Shot
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 891
    RE: 4 wheeler at the tubes 2010/11/23 16:34:00 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: cbeagler

Walnut Creek tubes? When i was younger...much younger... we used to jump off the top of the tube into the creek. I think the remains of an old nylon rope are still there.  That was back when the bottom of the tube ended even with the rest of it. 

Was the rope yellow? if so, I think, I have seen people with pieces of it.

My Wife said, if I go fish'n one more time, she'll leave me! God, I'm going to miss her!
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5035
    RE: 4 wheeler at the tubes 2010/11/23 17:54:40 (permalink)
    When I was in Colorado Elk Hunting, I had just bought a new wheeler for the trip..
    When we got to some of the trails they were freaking crazy..
    100' drop offs on either side of the hogbacks, sometimes a 1/2 mile to the bottom..

I ran into a bunch of local kids out riding and got to BSing about the trails..
    I mentoned how steep they were and wouldn't know what to do if the bike would slip and go over the edge.

The one young man says "That's easy, you just jump off and count the bounces."

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Jump to: