LockedTAKE A GUESS

Author
chicken27
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 763
  • Reward points: 0
2010/11/07 13:21:22 (permalink)

TAKE A GUESS

We checked two cameras today no deer but loads of bear.
This is a big bear i think?

Take a guess at his weight and i'll let you know who is the winner when he's smoked with a bow next week.

Maybe we can see this family.

23 Replies Related Threads

streich
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 29
    RE: TAKE A GUESS 2010/11/07 17:18:29 (permalink)
    should be easy to get one when you have the feed right there for them i mean if ur going to post the pictures hide the trophy rock that is in the pictures
    chicken27
    Expert Angler
    RE: TAKE A GUESS 2010/11/07 18:09:36 (permalink)
    Been hunting this area for over 5 years for bear.We have never killed a bear out of there yet.I have never seen a bear lick a trophy rock but i will move it when i check cameras again.We don't deer hunt this side of the road just bear.I never gave it any thought that a bear could lick it.I guess if the PGC would see this we would get fined my bad.
    chicken27
    Expert Angler
    RE: TAKE A GUESS 2010/11/07 19:48:59 (permalink)
    What is the big deal about trophy rocks?I can't afford to lease property and put food plots in.I think a food plot is the same thing as baiting your attracting deer bear or whatever else to a specific area so what is the differnce between the two expect some people can afford to put food plots and others can't.If we do happen to a kill a bear i'll get bashed about it because i had a trophy rock there.I have only ever seeing one bear alive in pa in my 17 years of hunting here.You know how many bait sites we have found.Last year where we bear hunting there was 13 bait barrells across the creek from us go figure that's where the shooting was.I put bait out till 30 days prior for trial cams pics and so does alot of other people.I leave rocks out all year but we don't hunt over them just trying to help the herd.
    Ironhed
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1892
    RE: TAKE A GUESS 2010/11/07 19:53:22 (permalink)
    If we do happen to a kill a bear i'll get bashed about it because i had a trophy rock there.

You should have thought about that before hand.

Ironhed

Blacktop Charters
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5035
    RE: TAKE A GUESS 2010/11/07 20:04:11 (permalink)
    Last year where we bear hunting there was 13 bait barrells across the creek from us go figure that's where the shooting was.

Man you are diggin a hole..Hunting near 13 different feed barrels you knew were there...

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

chicken27
    Expert Angler
    RE: TAKE A GUESS 2010/11/07 20:04:40 (permalink)
    I'm not even going to hunt this spot i will hunt a half a mile away.How far do i have to be away from this area now to be legal?You guys may not believe me but i didn't put that rock there for the bear like i said i never ever saw a bear lick a rock or even go by it and i got thousands of bear pictures in the last three years.
    chicken27
    Expert Angler
    RE: TAKE A GUESS 2010/11/07 20:07:49 (permalink)
    My brother in law found them on the last day of bear season and told us about them.I had no clue they were there.
    Ironhed
    Pro Angler
    RE: TAKE A GUESS 2010/11/07 20:18:56 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: chicken27

My brother in law found them on the last day of bear season and told us about them.I had no clue they were there.

So, did you call your local WCO and report the baiting taking place?  I doubt it.
    Bye, bye credibility.

Ironhed

Blacktop Charters
    chicken27
    Expert Angler
    RE: TAKE A GUESS 2010/11/07 21:12:21 (permalink)
    No why should of we reported it?This spot is on a dirt road back in the sticks.If someone up there would find out you reported them you would probably not have a window in your vehicle or a tire that was not cut and then if you were lucky they wouldn't be there with 15 guys waiting to beat you half to death if not kill you and feed your remains to the bair there baiting.
    Ironhed
    Pro Angler
    RE: TAKE A GUESS 2010/11/07 21:21:01 (permalink)
    No why should of we reported it?

If I have to answer this question for you...nevermind.  Unreal.

Really!?!?  You're didn't report it because you are worried for your own safety?  Really!?!?  There is a bazillion ways around that, man.  No excuse.

Like I said...credibility gone!

Ironhed

Blacktop Charters
    fishin coyote
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1711
    RE: TAKE A GUESS 2010/11/07 21:21:02 (permalink)

So, did you call your local WCO and report the baiting taking place?  I doubt it.
    Bye, bye credibility.

Ironhed

Credibility was gone a long time ago LOL.
    RSB isn't the only WCO to read these boards
    If I was Chicken I wouldn't even go bear hunting now cause if you are lucky enough to get one the WCO's will be all over you.

Nothing is Free!!
    Reward equals Effort

Ironhed
    Pro Angler
    RE: TAKE A GUESS 2010/11/07 21:24:21 (permalink)
    RSB isn't the only WCO to read these boards

Great point.
    I know Bill is reading, too.

Ironhed

Blacktop Charters
    smally hunter
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 287
    RE: TAKE A GUESS 2010/11/08 00:54:24 (permalink)
    uhhhh just curious what is a trophy rock ... theres alot of things i learn reading these boreds but this one is def new ...
    smally hunter
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 287
    RE: TAKE A GUESS 2010/11/08 00:59:32 (permalink)
    nevermind googled it
    streich
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 29
    RE: TAKE A GUESS 2010/11/08 08:35:25 (permalink)
    chicken i didnt mean to start all this and have everyone one here going at you i was just pointing it out so you didnt get busted by anyone just watching out for a brother hunter and fourm member i only said something because bear season starts next week and ill be out there tring to get another bear under my belt just dont want to see someone lose what they love to do because of bait on the ground
    Outdoor Adventures
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1849
    RE: TAKE A GUESS 2010/11/10 00:18:15 (permalink)
    If I want to hunt anywhere in that area, HOW FAR MUST I BE FROM A BAIT SITE ? Or is the whole state off limits ?????? Is baiting really illegal? What about the PGC with robo buck ? Isn't that baiting for hunters ??
    Big Fathead
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 915
    RE: TAKE A GUESS 2010/11/10 09:50:13 (permalink)
    This amazes me that someone would post these questions and responses on the internet.

I have never seen a bear lick a trophy rock but i will move it when i check cameras again.We don't deer hunt this side of the road just bear. WHAT? Your freakin kidding me

I guess if the PGC would see this we would get fined my bad. Yep your bad alright, real bad when they confiscate your gun, hunting license and bear if you would have got one.

What is the big deal about trophy rocks? I don't know ask the Pennsylvania Conservation Officer! You tell me you spent the money on it, put a camera on it, brag about the bearv that just happen to be in the pictures with it, Let me guess out of the thousands of pictures you got none of themat the actual Trophy Rock.

I think a food plot is the same thing as baiting your attracting deer bear or whatever else to a specific area so what is the differnce between the two expect some people can afford to put food plots and others can't. Again another question for the PAGC. I don't think you will like there response or the consequences you could suffer. Don't think a judge would think like you.

You know how many bait sites we have found. No, How Many?

I have only ever seeing one bear alive in pa in my 17 years of hunting here. I guess them Trophy Rocks MUST WORK LOOK AT ALL THE BEARS THERE ATTRACTING!

Last year where we bear hunting there was 13 bait barrells across the creek from us go figure that's where the shooting was. Your job as a Pennsylvania hunter and GOOD SPORTSMAN, Call the PA Game Commission and turn them in. (thats the right thing to do)

I put bait out till 30 days prior for trial cams pics and so does alot of other people. Seems okay it's LEGAL

I leave rocks out all year but we don't hunt over them just trying to help the herd. I don't think this is much help, If you want to help the herd DON'T KILL THEM!

How far do i have to be away from this area now to be legal? Didn't you get one of those cool little books the PAGC spends so much money on that has all this information in it?

You guys may not believe me but i didn't put that rock there for the bear like i said i never ever saw a bear lick a rock or even go by it and i got thousands of bear pictures in the last three years. Yep your right probably don't believe you, my guess is Conservation Officer wouldn't neither. 1000's of pictures and none of a bear at the Trophy Rock! HMMMM, thats amazing post all the pictures I wanna see them!

My brother in law found them on the last day of bear season and told us about them.I had no clue they were there. Sounds like the whole family may need some refresher courses on hunting and rights and wrongs!

No why should of we reported it? This is why America is so f**ked up! You gotta be kidding me, why should of we ( Implying there were others aware of the problem) reported it? Again it's what fellow hunters should do.

If someone up there would find out you reported them you would probably not have a window in your vehicle or a tire that was not cut and then if you were lucky they wouldn't be there with 15 guys waiting to beat you half to death if not kill you and feed your remains to the bair there baiting. How would they find out who reported them? Anonymous call, Who's Anonymous is that your name? If they were breaking the law especially bear hunting, I would be clapping at there court case! How many guys have bear hunted 30 years and never seen a bear? YOU SHOULD DO THE RIGHT THING!

Streich- chicken i didnt mean to start all this and have everyone one here going at you i was just pointing it out so you didnt get busted by anyone just watching out for a brother hunter and fourm member i only said something because bear season starts next week and ill be out there tring to get another bear under my belt just dont want to see someone lose what they love to do because of bait on the ground. What? Apologizing? Don't think thats needed, Chicken is wrong..... Looking out for him, You should have sent him a PM to remove the pictures and told him about the trophy rock.
    SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: TAKE A GUESS 2010/11/10 10:55:54 (permalink)
    There was a guy baiting bear in season last year in my area. He spread chocolate around his camp. He told the WCO it was for the coyotes. That's funny. She nailed him.

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
    Pork
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1419
    RE: TAKE A GUESS 2010/11/10 11:05:46 (permalink)
    LOL! Niiice.
    I've actually wondered about my PB&J I used to take in my pocket....
    guess I'll have to head back to the truck for lunch.

"If you ever get hit with a bucket of fish, be sure to close your eyes." ><)))*>
    eyesandgillz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4032
    RE: TAKE A GUESS 2010/11/10 13:10:28 (permalink)
    I am kind of partial to Peanut Butter scented deodorant.  I have this neat vanilla scented wash for my rubber boots too....
    Outdoor Adventures
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1849
    RE: TAKE A GUESS 2010/11/11 00:55:19 (permalink)
    Bacon after shave works for me.
    Big Tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1882
    RE: TAKE A GUESS 2010/11/11 04:08:28 (permalink)
    Chick,I'm in SHOCK!!!!!!! You have a mineral block in the Pic.,Everybody else that using a cam,puts them on trails deep in the woods,AND NEVER EVER PUTS DOWN NOTHING TO LURE DEER OR BEAR INTO THE AREA FOR PIC'S.They all just poise over that bare soil,that's all pawded out,for there pic's to be taken,as long as you don't hunt over it you did nothing wrong,the law states 30 day before the season,so I would not hunt bears or deer in that area.Feeding corn to the deer all year and then swackin them,isn't baiting them,it's helping them out like Doc does,right? I don't hunt over bait and in Ohio it's perfectly legal,but don't kid yourself,people do.So far all I see is a Pic of bear on your cam and the salt rock,did you kill the bear? Even the great Bings puts down something to attract deer for his trail cam pic's, he told me in and old post of trail cam pic. I love people. It's really better too veiw this site,than to post anything,I'll be doing alot more of that,I'll be reading all the EXPERT POST and there seems to be alot here.
    BIGHEAD
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 670
    RE: TAKE A GUESS 2010/11/11 04:26:38 (permalink)
    OK I think Chicken GOT THE POINT Ken maybe you need to delete this post or maybe somebody else would like to kick the heck out him some more. what do ya think???????? BTW I DO NOT CONDONE HUNTING OVER BAIT,OR ANY ILLEGAL HUNTING WHAT SO EVER !!! BE SAFE AND GOOD LUCK DAVE
    post edited by BIGHEAD - 2010/11/11 05:03:32
    Jump to: