Nov 1-4 SR Report

Author
draketrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1577
  • Reward points: 0
2010/11/05 17:24:14 (permalink)

Nov 1-4 SR Report

Spent a few days up in SR county, fished 4 out of 5 days.
Started off great on Sunday morning when I landed two fresh Cohos on my strange looking half-wooley bugger/half zonker purple and red moster fly creation.  Caught a couple of steelies as well.
The guy at the cleaning station said they were experiencing a good amount of Coho run the last week

Monday & Tuesday's colder temps brought a mixed bag of action depending on location and time of day. I did the o'dark thirty thing on both days. Monday I should have slept in. Tuesday's early game plan effort paid off and the steelhead action was steady all day. Got schooled by a couple jumping piggies - I never had a chance and they laughed at me as they broke my tippet off. 

80% of the fish I caught were on buggers/egg sucking leech type patterns - all beaded flies. Rest were egg type flies. Only landed one small brown about 6 pounds - even though I was tossing a good amount of chatruese.

Wednesday I put down the fly rod and picked up the centerpin outfit. My trusty "float something they haven't seen much of yet this year" once again worked - white marabou jig. There's just something about white jigs and the first week of November.

Most of my time was spent mid-river, closest I got to Pooolaski was the 81 hole. Spent about 2 hours one late afternoon at the Wires when it was almost void of fishermen. REst of the time was spent in between. The rain showers were cold - but they turned the fish on too.

A few spots that I knew well have changed due to the flood. But there were still fish in the vicinity under new hiding spots.

Getting my hands a wee bit frosty on a rod handle in the wee hours of daylight felt good, but I gotta be honest, after 4 non-stop days of rock hoppin and bank climbing my "gettin older" legs and back feel it.

1 Reply Related Threads

salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: Nov 1-4 SR Report 2010/11/05 19:32:35 (permalink)
    Nice. White jig= flesh fly... 6 pounds is a nice fish.

Lyrical
    Jump to: