FOOD PLOTS

Author
chicken27
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 763
  • Reward points: 0
2010/09/24 21:35:00 (permalink)

FOOD PLOTS

I been doing some thinking about putting a food plot in.The spot i went to try it at is remote so i been looking at the whitetail institute no plow.Has anybody ever tryed it?

2 Replies Related Threads

rhomer20
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 47
    RE: FOOD PLOTS 2010/09/25 12:16:22 (permalink)
    I have used it for a few different plots in the past and has worked well for me. Only thing is, you should've planted it already. If it stays warm and we get some needed rain in the next couple weeks it should do well. Right now my plots are finally growing after the rain this past week, before that they were on the verge of burning out. No Plow is pretty drought resistant and doesnt require too much labor to prep the soil.
    BIGSLICK
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1867
    RE: FOOD PLOTS 2010/09/27 13:14:49 (permalink)
    Chicken,

Don't know where you are located, but this may help. Also, don't want to plant now. Wait til Spring. I would recommend the whitetail institute "Chic" Magnet. We have had great sucess with this and the Whitetail clover. I would also recommend getting the DVD from them. You can waste alot of time and money doing it the wrong way.

Successful Wildlife Food Plot Establishment Workshop

Thursday, October 7, 2010
    6:30 to 8:00 PM

Cornell Cooperative Extension Offices in
    Allegany, Cattaraugus and Chautauqua
    Counties

As the Fall Hunting Season, approaches many are thinking, "How can I draw more game to my hunting area?" Many people use wild life food plots to do this. People have had varied success with these plots. Some have had great results some of the time and horrible results other times. Sometimes, the plot just doesn’t establish, other times the plot looks good but doesn’t draw the desired animals. This workshop will help you successfully establish a long term wildlife food plot system to attract your game.
    Dean Sprague, Extension Resource Educator, will go over locating the plot, what to grow, how to prepare the plot prior to establishment, planting the plot, and caring for the plot after it is planted.
    Dave Spann, Natural Resource Manger, Land Management Services will share his experiences in both successful and disastrous food plot establishment. He will share some tips and tricks to improve your success rate.
    This workshop will be held using live video conferencing at the Cornell Cooperative Extension Offices in Allegany, Cattaraugus and Chautauqua Counties. Allegany County: CCE Office, 5435A County Road 48, Belmont, NY 14813; Cattaraugus County: CCE Office, 28 Parkside Drive, Ellicottville, NY 14731; Chautauqua County; Frank Bratt Agriculture Center, 3542 Turner Road, Jamestown, NY 14701.
    The cost of the workshop is $5 payable at the workshop. Please call or e-mail Dean Sprague to register for the workshop by Wednesday, October 6, 716-699-2377, ext 123 or das57@cornell.edu. Please indicate number of people attending and what site they will be attending.

Building Strong and Vibrant New York Communities

Cornell Cooperative Extension provides equal program and employment opportunities.

Jump to: