sat=18th

Author
retired guy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3107
  • Reward points: 0
2010/09/19 00:01:24 (permalink)

sat=18th

Got there Fri evening and watched LFZ for a half hour -just a couple of guys and no hookups
 Sat AM cut grass and went to upper river mid morning. Wanted to see whats up so stood in an area where I could see from side to side while fishing a pocket that usually holds a fish or 2. One little guy, a ho or steelie ,buzzed down in an hour and a half. A real gem came by and stood on the bank overlooking my pocket and watched my fly pass by a couple of feet from him. I left before I got in trouble. Very few guys around me, no one else but the dope, for a hundred yards or so but had to walk a bit to get there.
  Went to North Tressel just to watch the show and had to park on the gravel road -not one spot left in the North lot. The typical packed up show-no need to describe it -I might cry. I counted over 50 guys on the South side all lined up and that did not include the pack above the pool to the corner. They had the river completley blocked while fishing. Guys up there were up to their belly buttons in the river. A human blockade to anything considering running up.
 Proceeded to Lower River between ballpark and 81- hooked up one steelie on a silver irradescent fly. They like sparkle. He was off in a moment and another ran by me from the same spot behind a rock in the white water. Just a couple of Kings in a few hours buzzing up with slashing chasers running behind them
  Cut it short and came back to Ct- Maybe later in the week for a few weekdays of relative peace. Very poor fishing nothing really moving.

3 Replies Related Threads

retired guy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3107
    RE: sat=18th 2010/09/19 00:13:23 (permalink)
    PS-- I hear the Pineville Bridge may be closed later this week for replacement.It will take a while to replace.
    chartist
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 925
    RE: sat=18th 2010/09/19 09:27:33 (permalink)
    That tressel hole is quite a spectacle....I am glad I witnessed it first hand or I might not have believed it.
    bigbear2010
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 859
    RE: sat=18th 2010/09/20 14:44:55 (permalink)
    the cirrus was in town this week end for sure
    i am surprised that no one had to be taken out by ambulance from the school house and the tressel was worse than that....the poor fish

i also got to witness some pretty blatent snagging happening at another trib...i walked up to the bridge, the dec officer was sitting on it with binoculars, i asked what he was doing...he just said "waiting"

so i sat and watched for a while too
    then he had paper work to do, so i went fishing
    Jump to: