still get the Fever!

Author
3fan
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 668
  • Reward points: 0
2010/09/07 15:41:19 (permalink)

still get the Fever!

Well I wasnt going back up till friday but all these fish stories had me twitching all night so I called in and headed back up this morning. Hit my favorite spots up high, was swinging my fly in the deeper shaded area below the bovines and was greeted with a rod cracking coho, did 4 cartwheels down stream turned around blasted by me back up stream then turned around and headed for the lake before popping off. Saw about 4 more and bumped one of them. It got quiet and I decided to run downstream, parked in pineville and headed to another one of my favorite early season spots, stood there for an hour casting, didnt see a fish so headed back to the truck. Im about to change and head home when I look over at the river and see some fish moveing up, change of plans I move far enough above them to have time to find a spot to get a few swings of my fly by them. Was I ever in for a surprise, it was a pod of 20 or so cohos and they were a little confused, they go up by me turn around go back down ten minutes later back up by me turn around and come back down. This went on for at least 1 hour. I hooked up 4 more times and had a blast, still dont think its quite game on yet but will only get better from here out and with the weather cooling down after today thats gonna keep the water cooler, and that helps also. Cant wait till friday but Im gonna have too!

4 Replies Related Threads

psu_fish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3104
    RE: still get the Fever! 2010/09/07 15:50:41 (permalink)
    nice....i really want to make the 305 mile one way trip from Meadville, PA
    Charlie_1
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 110
    RE: still get the Fever! 2010/09/07 20:39:44 (permalink)
    Its a 4hr ride for me but I am getting pumped we will be going up the week of 18Oct hope we have a good time

retired guy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3107
    RE: still get the Fever! 2010/09/07 22:29:12 (permalink)
    Coming up tomorrow cause I have to mow the lawn anyhow--might as well  fish too and see for myself--

lemee get this straight after reading all the stuff here and on other kumputer sights--

" day before yesterday it all stopped and nothing much happened
      yesterday it was ok with a few in the am then got spotty
       today had the biggest run in many a year
        todays run was about twice as big as yesterdays"

Depending on who you read and where those things were all said.

I fish when I want to, fish or no fish -its always a good time
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3207
    RE: still get the Fever! 2010/09/08 06:41:46 (permalink)
    you've got the right idea and attitude retired...
    Jump to: