Doe tags early this year

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
tull66
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1049
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Doe tags early this year 2010/09/12 01:01:35 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Big Tuna

Pa. wants us all to be doe huners,some do and some don't. I have no trouble seeing 80 deer or more in 2 week rifle season,so I generally shoot 2 does late in the second week,if I'm lucky to kill a buck in bow or rifle season I still will kill one doe.To each his own,if everybody use better jugdement on taking deer it would help,like passing buttons(if you know it's a button)and passing on doe's in less populated areas.I've passed on quite a few small bucks since the AR started.

If you're seeing 80 deer, why are you waiting until late in the 2nd week?  Why do you consider getting a buck "lucky"?  Have you ever passed on a doe?  Have you ever passed on a small doe?   Why do you pass on small bucks since AR started?  Just wondering.  If everyone used better judgement, they might kill less.
Bull Lifter
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 407
RE: Doe tags early this year 2010/09/12 22:26:45 (permalink)
he's waiting because incase he sees a buck..sometimes if you shoot a doe, you miss a chance on a buck. if that makes sense to you.

and its "lucky" in gun season..if you have a buck patterned, and then you put 10 guys in your woods, ya think that buck is gonna be patternable in gun season? i think not. its skillfully lucky to get a buck in gun season some times. dont act like its not. if its all about the kill count, im not sure what to tell you, but if we all used better judgement we might gain more in the long run.....
Bull Lifter
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 407
RE: Doe tags early this year 2010/09/12 22:29:47 (permalink)
tull certain parts of my WMU have a less of a herd and some are stronger, i hunted places last year that didnt have a large numbered herd...other area's or if this helps, "different properties" have more deer.

"i hunt all over the WMU the places i chose to hunt last year do not have a strong herd. places i have hunted do have a strong herd. (and yes its in the same WMU folks.) thats why i get two every year for it, in case i decide to hunt there. i just usually dont have good buck luck there even though i see them around. im referring to archery season. " is what i said, if you read it its understandable..the bold is corrected in what i ment to say.

but just saying with larger herds i have trouble seeing bucks in the one perticular spot i hunt. i have no trouble having does under me to harvest.
post edited by Bull Lifter - 2010/09/12 22:35:15
Big Tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1882
RE: Doe tags early this year 2010/09/14 18:11:33 (permalink)
tull 66,I've killed more deer than most guys on this site I'm not bragging,just plain fact.I've pasted small 8's and other bucks in other states,small doe's, big doe's and buttons in 4 states that I've hunted.I enjoy deer meat and have butcherd my own deer for 35 years,if I don't kill a buck in archery season,I gun hunt and gun hunting is more luck than skill,with that many people in the woods anybody can get a buck( with some luck)although you can improve your luck knowing the better excape trails. I'm not going to shoot a doe early in gun season,that takes me out of the woods and a day or two to butcher my deer.There is more than enough time to shoot doe's (to much in my opinon).And at this stage of my life small buck doesn't turn me on,I've killed piles of W.V. small bucks,N.Y. and Pa bucks,in my day they where all fun to shoot,but now we all want the bigger bucks,and a couple of doe's for the table is better than shooting some scrub 8 pt,there's a young that never got a buck,or maybe some not so young hunter that would be very happy with it.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: