crooked creek

Author
mr.crappie
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2549
  • Reward points: 0
2010/08/22 21:22:12 (permalink)

crooked creek

Was dissapointed after driving up there to-day to find the gate to the beach closed. Sign said no swimming allowed due to high levels of e-coli. Don't know why they didn't just post the sign saying no swimming & leave the road open so that fishermen could drive down, especialy those of us that are handicapped. Before my back went,I would walk down,now I cant.I don't know if the boat ramp was closed or not. sam

2 Replies Related Threads

Lundman76
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 126
    RE: crooked creek 2010/08/23 13:06:48 (permalink)
    Hi Sam,

I know what you mean I think it is stupid that they close the gate. I was there Sat. and Sun. in the boat saw people swimming both days so closing that gate does not stop people from swimming. Sat. I saw kids jumping off the cliffs by the boat launch !
    mr.crappie
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2549
    RE: crooked creek 2010/08/24 08:34:45 (permalink)
    I called the Park this morn. & was told that the gate will remain closed until they take more water samples later this week.When I asked the manager why the road was closed but the boat launch was open, she said that they were trying to stop people from swimming due to the e-coli,when asked why they didn't put up a sign saying (no swimming)but leave the road open so that we could drive down to fish,she said that people were still sneaking in to swim.I am going to call the Supervisor of this district to see about getting it open. As far as those sneaking in after the warning signs are up,I say that that is just thinning the herd if they can't heed health warning signs. btw after I left C.C. on Sunday, I drove down to the power plant at Kelly's Station to try the river since I hhadn't been there this year & was greeted by (no trespssing)signs on both ends of the campgrounds on the new railroad bed. They are working on putting in a new r.r. line & according to one of the campers, they may also close the camping area. I know that the whole area has been fought over for a few years now. At least if the Rails to Trails would have gone through we still would have had walk-in access to the river. sam
    Jump to: