Articulated Bunny

Author
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
  • Reward points: 0
2010/08/21 21:36:21 (permalink)

Articulated Bunny

Wanted to try and make a larger profile bait to entise those big Browns in the tailwaters..
Saw one of the small trout puke up a sculpin so I kinda went in that direction.....
Couple coneheads and 1 deer hair head, and 1 squirrel belly....
Front hook was a #4 baithook(broke off) and a #10 Dry in the stinger position...Used 30# Spiderwire for the connection....

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

4 Replies Related Threads

LoganWade03
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 831
    RE: Articulated Bunny 2010/08/21 22:56:35 (permalink)
    nice bings just tied a few sculpin patterns myself

The moment of truth. Where all other things unconsciously melt away from our minds the instant a fish takes our fly. We stand there on the water with wide eyes, caught in a battle stance with an idea of confidence and hope
    woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8507
    RE: Articulated Bunny 2010/08/22 11:00:39 (permalink)
    That should pound a few! Very nice Gary. :)

6 wt swing
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 68
    RE: Articulated Bunny 2010/08/22 13:20:17 (permalink)
    Is it possible to retro fit a stinger hook?  for instance adding one to a zonker?
    I was thinking of just adding spider wire?
    SonofZ3
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 657
    RE: Articulated Bunny 2010/08/22 15:29:38 (permalink)
    Bings: Good looking flies! Before I moved away from Warren I used to fish the river fairly often, and the best producing streamer fly that worked for me was a wooly bugger. A black wooly bugger tied on a size 6 Mustad All around hook, or a size 4 salt water. Heres how I tied them-
    Hook: Mustad all around size 6 or salt water size 4 (I like the big gap hooks for these flies. Make sure to hone those saltwater hooks)
    Thread: Black 6/0
    Tail: 2 black marabou feathers and some peacock crystal flash. marabou, crystal flash, then another marabou feather on top.
    weight: clouser style brass dumbbell eyes, tied on top of the hook shank halfway between the tail and the hook eye
    legs: two centipede or sili legs in black or brown, one tied in ahead of the dumbell eyes, one behind. Tie them in like the closuer eyes, so the finished fly appears to have 4 "legs"
    body: black chenile
    palmer: black whiting bugger hackle
    Jump to: