Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
VIOLENTPIKE
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 35
  • Reward points: 0
2010/05/17 19:44:32 (permalink)

ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs

Everyone... I had a great time at the picinic. It was really nice to finally meet some of the guys my dad has been talking to for so long. He said you guys were all really great dUuDs and it was nice to find that out on my own in person. You were all really nice guys and i can't wait to see you all on the water. Sooner or later I will meet up with you all either soon on the water, or if not then, at the One Fly. Thank you all for welcoming me to the boards. That was one of THE best days of my life. Let me show you all my new gear from all you FiSheRiE dUuDs.

My pictures are a little blurry, my phone camera aint so great.

First of all, A BIG THANKS to Skip! What a beatiful fly rod and reel! It's even got my name on it. I will fish this pole proudly, and post lots of pictures of my fish.

Also A big thanks to Indisquiz and Cold for all the awesome flyboxes full of flies. The spider fly is my favorite.

After I got all this great stuff, guys came one after another to add to my great collection. I've got enough flies for years! Thanks to:

The names I can remember are: Bugdrifter, Dream Catcher, Loopy, Rapalla. I'm sorry for anyone I missed, I can't rember all the names. There where alot of you.

After this all happened, Ripin Lip gave me a box full of spin gear:

Speaking of Spin gear, last week I met up with Trout About, who also had great gifts for me. Check em out:

Lots of great equipment! I can fish for whatever I want, however I want, with custom gear thanks to all you guys. Sincerely, thank all of you, and forgive me if I forgot your name. Look for my future posts and know you helped to write them. Let "The Adventures of Violent Pike" begin!

post edited by VIOLENTPIKE - 2010/05/17 20:08:14

You rip some lips...I'll break some jaws!

pwnd

43 Replies Related Threads

Mr.Slickfish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4528
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/17 20:02:22 (permalink)
    yURsMalL.....sNaGr

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
    I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
    deetz4352
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3549
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/17 20:04:27 (permalink)
    V P , Thats one of the best posts of "thanks" I think I can remember. You gots some real nice stuff there. I hope the next time we fish together you will let me sift through your stuff to fish with cause now you gots more than me . You definitely gots "hooked up".   Till next time we meet on the water, Good fishin to ya. Cant wait to see the future fishing picks duud.

The Deetz 

The Deetz
    Fishermen are born honest,but they get over it
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5035
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/17 20:39:08 (permalink)
    Wow that batch sure would have lightened Dads' wallet..
    You guys sure are something to help a kid out like that..Kudos to you all..
    And to find a yound man that really appreciates it is the best of all...
    Good Luck young Violent Pike and rip the lips off of em....
    Tight Lines.....BING

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

basshole1990
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 132
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/17 21:19:45 (permalink)
    That is some excellent gear.

Bigger is better.
    Mountian Man
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4118
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/17 21:23:22 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Mr.Slickfish

yURsMalL.....sNaGr

Your jealous cuz he has more feshin' stuffz then you.

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
    rippinlip
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2146
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/17 21:39:08 (permalink)
    I'm sure he'll put all that stuff to good use....He was casting that flyrod like he was born with it in his hand...

You should have been here yesterday.............. Streams are made for the wise man to contemplate and fools to pass by [Sir Izaak Walton]
    deetz4352
    Pro Angler
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/17 21:46:35 (permalink)
    I cant wait to see both Slick , and V P steelheading this fall. That will be a sight.  V P rippin lips and breakin jaws and Slick's over there snaggin feesh.   HA !

The Deetz
    fishin coyote
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1711
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/17 21:52:51 (permalink)

The Grin says it all.
    Mike

Nothing is Free!!
    Reward equals Effort

rapala11
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6218
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/17 21:57:41 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Mountian Man

yURsMalL.....sNaGr

shoot, he has more than gander mt.  dustin, glad you liked everything.  a few of us were talking yesterday and i think we all have something in common.  fishing was not only fun, but it kept a lot of us out of trouble when we were young .  as you get older and temptations come your way, grab your rod and go fishing.  also, fish with you dad as much as you can.  i am an old guy now and my dad is gone, but i would give anything to fish with him one more time.  you're lucky that you have a really good guy for a dad.  

tight lines.............rap

rippinlip
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2146
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/17 22:03:38 (permalink)
    +1....nice Rap...well stated

You should have been here yesterday.............. Streams are made for the wise man to contemplate and fools to pass by [Sir Izaak Walton]
    deetz4352
    Pro Angler
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/17 22:07:13 (permalink)
    Rap , well said and that couldnt any more true. For me anyways. I had my gramps and he always had time for me to take me fishing. I cant thank him enough.

V P your a lucky kid foe shizzle. I pick on and tease your dad but thats because hes a good duud. I kid cause I care.

The Deetz

The Deetz
    indsguiz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6398
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/17 22:08:58 (permalink)
    Dustin,  Glad I could add to your haul!  You can fish with this old fat man anytime!  Of course that's anytime you let me catch up with you.  See you at the "One Fly"!

Illegitimis Non carborundum
    acmaul13
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1193
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/17 22:15:59 (permalink)
    +2 for Raps post.
    WOW to the rest of you guys out there,that is just TOO cool.
    VP if you ever get down towards Franklin let me know I'll try to put you on some fish.
    ac
    woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8546
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/17 22:56:14 (permalink)
    Very kind thing you all did for Dustin.
    Someday Dustin you,ll remember this and do the same for a young man.
    Now go get them and we want pixs!

gizmos
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1190
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/18 00:15:22 (permalink)
    VP, it's nice that you recognize what a good group of guys that you now call friends. Listen to what Rap says and take it to heart. Saved me and mine from goig down the wrong road more than once. Congrats to you and kudos to the guys ! Hope to fish with you and your old man sometime in the future !!

Eat what you catch,troll for cows.
    dietz31684
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 462
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/18 06:54:20 (permalink)
    That is awesome man!  Wish I could have made the event, but had family in town.  I WILL see you all at the One Fly.  Awesome post, yer dad is a good dUde, can't wait to meet you!
    Mr.Slickfish
    Pro Angler
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/18 07:01:45 (permalink)
    I was truly floored (again!) by the generosity of the fisherie community. I'll make sure he puts his equipment to good use. As Rap and others stated, fishing/hunting kept me out of a lot of trouble as a young man....heck, it still keeps me out of trouble.

I also believe that fishing/hunting at a young age helped progress me from a boy to a man. It gave me alot of the values and ethics I now apply towards life today. I also have learned a great deal about people. It's amazing the life lessons that can be learned by sharing water with people...good and bad. I'm appreciative he got a real good taste of the "good".....thanks Duuds!

If any of yinz/yous/yinzouus ever need anything....or wanna fish our backyard...we would both be thrilled to be there.

I choose Little Cleos

Cold
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 7358
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/18 07:16:04 (permalink)
    ...heck, it still keeps me out of trouble.

Not so sure about that one...

Anyway, VP, the majority of the guys on here are good dUUds, as you're finding out, no matter how much they might pick on you online. The other ones aren't worth getting riled up about anyway.

The more you practice with that fly rod, the better you'll get and the more you'll like it. If you're like most beginners, you're gonna have a lot of questions, and this is the place to ask them. Several of my most basic questions about fly fishing have turned into great threads full of information.

When you wanna get into tying leT mE knO dUUd.
    eyesandgillz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4032
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/18 08:36:30 (permalink)
    Cold,
    As much of pain in the rear you are on here sometimes, kudos for helping out VP and that goes for the rest of you too.  Awesome..  The youth is our future and we need to get as many involved in the outdoors as possible. 

VP, take Raps advice to heart.  My dad gave up huntin' and fishin' awhile ago (don't think you'll have that problem though) and I miss all the times we shared in the woods and waters. 

Skip16503
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4028
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/18 08:48:42 (permalink)
    VP  I was honored to build you that Rod...  The day I met you you were one of the most polite kids I had meant and I thought that heeded a reward.....   Your Mom and Dad have done a great job raising you...  SLICK KEEP IT UP...

Thanks to the rest of the guys that helped make a kids day....

Now the payback VP    

I expect Pictures little dude  Lots of pictures

Have fun with your new toys and listen to your Dad in life ..  And listen to other guys when it comes to fly fishing your dad don't know squat 

jimhalupka
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1058
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/18 09:24:24 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: rapala11

ORIGINAL: Mountian Man

yURsMalL.....sNaGr

shoot, he has more than gander mt.  dustin, glad you liked everything.  a few of us were talking yesterday and i think we all have something in common.  fishing was not only fun, but it kept a lot of us out of trouble when we were young .  as you get older and temptations come your way, grab your rod and go fishing.  also, fish with you dad as much as you can.  i am an old guy now and my dad is gone, but i would give anything to fish with him one more time.  you're lucky that you have a really good guy for a dad.  

tight lines.............rap

Violent Pike,

Listen to Rap, he is a wise man.  My youth is almost over and my relationship with my father is very stale, we don't get to fish as much, and when we do, it seems the stress from everyday life has him worried about tomorrow, rather than living in today.  Your dad is great guy, cherish every moment you can w. him.  I hope to get to Erie to fish with you two this summer, but if not, steelies are around the corner.  Just think, when the silver skulls (insert rapala citation here) are no longer around, it will be us young bucks planning these outings, and forwarding the movement to our kids.  I hope fishing, especially fly fishing, remains a prominent part of your life man.  You'll become your own artist with time.

-Josh, Jim, or B

"Sure, we can assiduously three-quarter our wets downstream, mend and wait out each fly swing, over and over again, which to my way of thinking, anyway, relegates the angler to the role, not of nemesis as it should be, but of butler."

-Art Lee
    6point7
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 964
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/18 09:30:00 (permalink)
    Dustin, You're a good kid, your dad is a good man, cherish every moment together on the water.

bulldog1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5203
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/18 10:09:32 (permalink)
    There truly are some great guys on this site! Good to see you feeshin' with yer dad VP. As others have said the time will fly by and you'll remember these days for the rest of your life. Remeber to spend some time with your dad in a few years, no matter if your wife/girlfriend complains. I still try to get on the water with my dad every chance I get, even when we both have other things to do we make the time to fish together. Just wish there was more time. Congrats James on having such a great kid, must have alot of the wife's genes

Oh, and HOLY NET BATMAN! Thanks for sending the net back with DT, now all I have to do is catch a fish big enough to fill it
    Mr.Slickfish
    Pro Angler
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/18 10:45:11 (permalink)
    No problem Bull. I thought you (or someone you know) would get alot more use out of it than me. That sucker don't even fit in my sMaL boat. Thanks for the radio.

Thanks for the nice Dad comments....I teach the kid the best I can, but I can only "teach" so much....most of it is him....wanting to do the right thing.  The politeness and respect he shows people blows me away sometimes. I'm fortunate...he's genuinely a good and kind kid. He listens when adults speak...and absorbs/applies it. I've never had any significant problems with him, and don't expect too.

I choose Little Cleos

bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5035
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/18 10:53:09 (permalink)
    As one who never got to wet a line with his father, you need to cherish every moment together, both of ya....

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

doubletaper
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3977
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/18 11:23:58 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: bulldog1

Oh, and HOLY NET BATMAN! Thanks for sending the net back with DT, now all I have to do is catch a fish big enough to fill it

that net's big enough to catch a mermaid!!
    maybe i should have kept it 

http://streamsidetales.bl...015/05/helles-yea.html
    it's not luck
    if success is consistent 

Skip16503
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4028
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/18 11:25:08 (permalink)
    Smile Slick

ShutUpNFish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3834
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/18 16:02:26 (permalink)
    I like your passion....keep it up duud
    Chris Johnson
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 321
    RE: ATTN: FiSheRiE dUuDs 2010/05/18 16:29:58 (permalink)
    This was great to read, ... it made my day. Good Luck on the water VP!
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: