Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Liverache
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 611
  • Reward points: 0
2010/05/05 11:29:42 (permalink)

Pa Fish for FREE days

I just saw that May 22nd and June 6th are the fish for free days this year. Gonna be crazy like last year

Skill is the ability to place oneself in the position to be LUCKY often

45 Replies Related Threads

Mr.Slickfish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4528
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/05 11:31:21 (permalink)
    After the first day of trout....nothin' will phase me.

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
    I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5028
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/05 11:59:46 (permalink)
    If it's free then they should be limited to C&R..

You gotta pay to play.......

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Cold
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 7358
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/05 12:33:41 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: bingsbaits

If it's free then they should be limited to C&R..

You gotta pay to play.......

It may be different where you are, but I've gotta disagree with that sentiment. Anytime I've been on the water on a FFF day, it's been mostly kids & families taking advantage of it, and if they wanna keep fish, within the limits, I'm totally okay with that. Heck, with people that only fish twice a year, most of the fish they'll be deep-hooking, gill-blasting, dirt-rolling, and vise-gripping probably won't survive anyway.

2 years ago I was at a popular lake on a fff day and through the day gave up my spot to a kid or family 4-5 times, after they saw me catch a few there. Helped out the one family sort through their fresh wal-mart bags and disregard the #2 baitholders snelled with 65# mono in favor of a few packs of #8s they had.

No its not a back-to-nature experience, but if it convinces a few parents to take their kids out to the water, I'm in favor. The crowds also tend to be nicer without the first day mentality.
    jimhalupka
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1058
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/05 12:51:23 (permalink)
    cold,

you're the man

"Sure, we can assiduously three-quarter our wets downstream, mend and wait out each fly swing, over and over again, which to my way of thinking, anyway, relegates the angler to the role, not of nemesis as it should be, but of butler."

-Art Lee
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5028
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/05 13:21:33 (permalink)
    You mean it would kill dad to pony up $20 to take his kids fishing  ???
    Don't get me wrong I'm all for the kids being led into fishing.They fish free anyway..
    If you can't spend a twenty spot for your kids mabee you should stay home.. It's only $20..
    post edited by bingsbaits - 2010/05/05 13:24:49

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

bulldog1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5203
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/05 13:23:08 (permalink)
    The only two days of the year my wife actually fishes, guess that's a good thing . Just hope she doesn't throw another rod in the lake this year!

Seriously though, we enjoyed the two days last year. Had my whole family and one of my daughters freinds on the boat. That was a fun day of perchin'. Actually I'd like to see them do one a month.
    World Famous
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2213
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/05 13:25:30 (permalink)
    If you don't fish you can't hurt the amount of fish. Bass season isn't in then and trout are getting tough to catch about that time. Heck those that can fish sometimes can't hurt them either. I know I have been shut out more than once in my life.....WF
    Cold
    Pro Angler
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/05 14:22:23 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: bingsbaits

You mean it would kill dad to pony up $20 to take his kids fishing  ???
    Don't get me wrong I'm all for the kids being led into fishing.They fish free anyway..
    If you can't spend a twenty spot for your kids mabee you should stay home.. It's only $20..

Would it kill them? No. Is it alot cheaper to stay home and let the kids play Halo while he does something else? Yeah.

Besides a license + trout stamp for a guy and his wife to take the kids...for one or two days all summer...you're looking at closer to $60.

I dont want to get into the whole license price deal. Suffice to say, if it results in kids and families going out and spending a day together on the water, I wont gripe about them keeping a few fish.
    basshole1990
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 132
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/05 19:14:10 (permalink)
    Well said, Cold.

Bigger is better.
    WaxWorm
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 134
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/05 20:35:58 (permalink)
    a group of us from work " about 30 people " got the edward john for june 6th it is going to be a blast...looking forward to it.
    HCsteel
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 732
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/05 20:47:22 (permalink)
    If I pay for it, they should have to pay for it. Thats just how I see it. If Im 17 and can afford it, they can find a way if they want to fish. Its like having three opening days of trout. Im just really happy that they are not during steelhead season. Call me stubborn but that is how I feel.
    Stillhead
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1887
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/05 21:30:16 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: HCsteel

If I pay for it, they should have to pay for it. Thats just how I see it. If Im 17 and can afford it, they can find a way if they want to fish. Its like having three opening days of trout. Im just really happy that they are not during steelhead season. Call me stubborn but that is how I feel.

You don't pay for it. You pay for a license to fish the other 363 days.
    Mr.Slickfish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4528
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/05 21:52:42 (permalink)
    While I do understand, and respect eveyone's opinion....Ease up duuds....IMO a PA license is still a pretty fair price....and if FFF day turns just one kid in PA onto fishing....I'll stay home that day....he/she can have my spot.

When I do go out on that day...I just snag all day to make up for it....makes me feel better.

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
    I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
    jimhalupka
    Pro Angler
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/05 22:12:10 (permalink)
    cold...

you are the man

"Sure, we can assiduously three-quarter our wets downstream, mend and wait out each fly swing, over and over again, which to my way of thinking, anyway, relegates the angler to the role, not of nemesis as it should be, but of butler."

-Art Lee
    **commander**
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4216
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/06 00:52:06 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Stillhead

You don't pay for it. You pay for a license to fish the other 363 days.

nice. +1

"I'm sick of all the fairytale stories of how this is destiny and how the saints have rebuilt new orleans.Sorry but you can write the script anyway you want but the actors(sean payton and crew)do not have the talent to step on the stage."---Logan Wade
    **commander**
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4216
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/06 01:06:11 (permalink)

sounds like you live at home and dont have a wife and kids. $$$ might not be available/worth it to people/families that dont normally fish to afford licenses for 1-2 days/year...and it may turn some people onto fishing that normally wouldnt have tried it to begin with...and probably turns a few non-fisherpeople into license paying fisherpeople. just sayin'

"I'm sick of all the fairytale stories of how this is destiny and how the saints have rebuilt new orleans.Sorry but you can write the script anyway you want but the actors(sean payton and crew)do not have the talent to step on the stage."---Logan Wade
    BloodyHand
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2152
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/06 07:40:45 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Mr.Slickfish

While I do understand, and respect eveyone's opinion....Ease up duuds....IMO a PA license is still a pretty fair price....and if FFF day turns just one kid in PA onto fishing....I'll stay home that day....he/she can have my spot.

When I do go out on that day...I just snag all day to make up for it....makes me feel better.

I dont think you need a license to snag fish. Do they have SFF days?
    Cold
    Pro Angler
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/06 07:49:45 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: BloodyHand

ORIGINAL: Mr.Slickfish

I dont think you need a license to snag fish. Do they have SFF days?

Only the ones that end in 'y'.
    SonofZ3
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 657
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/06 09:33:12 (permalink)
    I don't buy the whole "dad taking the kids fishing" argument. Kids fish for free all year, the only difference is on the fish for free days dad can fish TOO. If dad is too selfish to take his kids fishing once or twice when he isn't allowed to fish as well, then he needs to grow up.
    Cold
    Pro Angler
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/06 10:15:23 (permalink)

And if you're too selfish to see the good in 2 FFF days, you need to grow up.
    bulldog1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5203
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/06 10:21:03 (permalink)
    All I can say is that this dad has bought a license for 34 years and I've tried to take my kids fishing as much as possible. I have a 17 year old daughter that never fished much other than when she was real little. She got a taste of Erie perch fishin' last year on the first fish for free day, a week later I bought her a license. This year I'll get her boyfriend out and see if he can either fish or swim.
    cooljauman
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1633
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/06 10:55:31 (permalink)

cold > the world

If the world needed and enema, they'd put the tube in Philadelphia. Go Pens!

Evgeni Malkin: I'M SCORE

S.D.S.G.F.C.
    SonofZ3
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 657
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/06 11:08:35 (permalink)
    I'm fine with FFF days, but don't try to make the argument that they're the only time of the year a parent can take their kid fishing, because its BS. Its the only day of the year people normally required to have a license can fish without one. Theres a million scenarios where thats a good thing, the one where a dad just wants to take his litte kid fishing isn't one of them.
    fisherofmen376
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2217
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/06 11:28:32 (permalink)
    Bings and HC ill bet you hate Santa Claus too

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
    Matthew 4:19
    Cold
    Pro Angler
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/06 12:29:28 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: fisherofmen376

Bings and HC ill bet you hate Santa Claus too

Meanwhile sonofz is plotting to kill santa.
    dru2112
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2265
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/06 12:35:17 (permalink)
    this is a lot of nasty discussion for people being allowed to fish for free for 2 out of 365 days.

who cares?  let them fish.  maybe more people will find an interest.
    DaFuNK
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1992
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/06 12:45:44 (permalink)
    Fish for free day is awesome!!

I wonder how many canadians will swim accross the border..

nothin beats amnesty and free fish!

"In the beginning of change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot"

UPDATED Antidote!
    http://antidoteusa.weebly.com
    jimhalupka
    Pro Angler
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/06 20:57:06 (permalink)
    cold.. you're the man

-Art Lee
    fishlesswonder
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 70
    RE: Pa Fish for FREE days 2010/05/08 11:01:54 (permalink)
    On FFF day you don't have to display your liscense...... wasn't that a previous soapbox?

The best part about fishing with me is you never have that annoying fish smell on your hands afterwards.
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: