abandoned boats in pa

Author
jim372
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 17
  • Reward points: 0
2010/04/21 22:36:29 (permalink)

abandoned boats in pa

i saw a add of someone selling a abandond boat that was left on his lot for 6 months if i buy it is there way to title it.

5 Replies Related Threads

loaftech
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 269
    RE: abandoned boats in pa 2010/04/21 23:05:30 (permalink)
    yes you will have to take all the measurements and stuff and get it titled, i had to do this last year for a boat that i bought without a title
    Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2196
    RE: abandoned boats in pa 2010/04/21 23:25:23 (permalink)
    jim, it is possible, contact the boat commission about the steps you need to take... it isn't simple but is possible.
    A lot depends on if the previous owner can be contacted and if they are actually giving up rights to the boat... I wouldn't hand over any money till I spoke with someone 'in power' who could advise you specifically what steps needed taken and even if the boat is legal to be 'sold' right now.... you may need to check that the person trying to sell it to you actually has the legal right to do so.
     I don't want to burst your bubble, just want to make sure you know all the facts before you make the deal and then find out you can't get a registration for it....
     and is it on a trailer? who is that registered to? can it be transferred?
    **commander**
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4216
    RE: abandoned boats in pa 2010/04/21 23:58:01 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: jim372

i saw a add of someone selling a abandond boat that was left on his lot for 6 months if i buy it is there way to title it.

dont know the legality of buying it(lots of scams out there, especially on Craigslist), however, getting it registered/titled after the legal sale is pretty simple. go to a BOAT dealer and have whoever does the registration handle it for you. MOST AAA, notaries, messenger services, etc... will not have a clue.

"I'm sick of all the fairytale stories of how this is destiny and how the saints have rebuilt new orleans.Sorry but you can write the script anyway you want but the actors(sean payton and crew)do not have the talent to step on the stage."---Logan Wade
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8561
    RE: abandoned boats in pa 2010/04/22 00:07:54 (permalink)

Scroll down the page on this link. There are links to all necessary forms, and procedures. Including [ Statement ofv abandoned boat ], and [ Intention to register abandoned boat ].

http://fishandboat.com/forms_boatreg.htm

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    bulldog1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5203
    RE: abandoned boats in pa 2010/04/22 09:13:28 (permalink)
    If that's the same one I saw on CL, it was pretty rough looking. I would make sure the seller is legally allowed to sell, there is probably some paperwork that they must do pre-sale. Just be careful as was said earlier...
    Jump to: