Author
Banana Boat
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 131
  • Reward points: 0
2010/04/15 17:40:12 (permalink)

Wave height in Bay this Weekend?

Hi all,

Been having trouble finding a marine report for PI Bay specifically.  Closest I can get info on is 5mi offshore.  I believe, in the bay, we will have around 20 knots which means definatley 1-3 footers but what im interested in is the chance for 4 footers or greater.  Plus I see a possibility for snow.  Really I can come almost whenever I want this year so I will cancel if the weather is close to miserable and just come up next weekend.  Just dont want to be fooled into thinking the bay will be protected from what i know will be 4'+ out on the lake.  Suggestions or better forecast links? anyone?

Thanks

BB

3 Replies Related Threads

ready2fish
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 787
    RE: Wave height in Bay this Weekend? 2010/04/15 20:44:13 (permalink)
    You won't find a marine forecast specifically for the bay.

Just read Saturday's near shore forecast. 15-25 knot West winds for Lake. If wind blows like that the East end of the bay will be really rough. Some areas (head of the bay) will be better.

You can usually find some area in the bay that is protected.

Kistler Custom Rods Pro Staff
    GAMMA Fishing Lines Pro Staff
    anzomcik
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 721
    RE: Wave height in Bay this Weekend? 2010/04/15 21:19:41 (permalink)
    Cant help you with wave height for this weekend i do know the bay gets MEAN when there are no leaves on the trees. I have been out there in at least threes, the bilge going full time getting soaked, not fun but i made it ok with my small craft. The waves are very peaky in the bay, alot of white caps and those are the ones that get you wet, if in doubt stay home!
    Mr.Slickfish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4528
    RE: Wave height in Bay this Weekend? 2010/04/15 22:08:53 (permalink)
    No chance of 4 footers on the bay....short of a tornado or earthquake. The bay will chop up pretty good with a stiff wind. Today was sw at 10-15...gusting to 20...and it was really choppy...I turned my 16 ft aluminum around. Plenty of bigger boats out there though...

However....Erie waether ain't lookin so hot for this weekend....If I had a choice I might reschedule. JMO

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
    I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
    Jump to: