Khale Lake Update

Author
loaftech
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 269
  • Reward points: 0
2010/04/03 18:57:23 (permalink)

Khale Lake Update

hey guys, went to Khale today and absoluetely HAMMERED them, me and my dad caught loads of bass and big ones, best 5 fish would of given us a 16 to 17lb bag.  I talked to a fish warden when we were leaving and he said they found a hole in the **** so more than likely it will be drawn down to that level for the rest of this year.  He said they are going to cement or gravel the launches so it is easier to launch.   go getum boys!

3 Replies Related Threads

Rowpurt
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: Khale Lake Update 2010/04/05 07:29:10 (permalink)
    Thanks for the update on Khale. Never fished it but have friends that do and have done well. Planning on making a trip down in the near future to check it out. I tend to lean towards the bluegill and crappie fishing. Have you had any luck with them yet?

HUNTIN' AND FISHIN' - my favorite part of LIVIN'
    Pan Man
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 64
    RE: Khale Lake Update 2010/04/05 20:25:54 (permalink)
    loaftech how difficult was it geting you boat in and out? I know it was way down when we were ice fishing. Thanks
    loaftech
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 269
    RE: Khale Lake Update 2010/04/06 00:31:10 (permalink)
    It was a bit of a pain to get the boat in, i brought the little 15ft aluminim anything bigger or heavier than that i dont think you could get it in.  I will say since they dropped the lake it made the fishing a whole lot easier!!!  there are some grass lines that werent really visible before and now are holding lots of bass and panfish. 

I dont fish for the panfish, im more into bass. I hate Filleting fish so panfish arent really my thing ( unless im eating them, then they are my thing LOL) but ther were 2 guys who were fishing for crappies and pretty much catching them one after another, good sized ones too.  I dont think you guys will have any problems filling your boat up with perch crappie and big bull bluegills at khale.
    Jump to: