I tried the food at the new river house

Author
saltflyfisher
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 565
  • Reward points: 0
2007/10/01 12:01:25 (permalink)

I tried the food at the new river house

They will never see me again in the place. The service was absolutely turtle slow in the bar area. They have the wait staff also bartending. I got a roast pork dinner and the pork was dry and tough, mashed pot. were cold, brocolli was baby food; just completely destroyed it. The stuffing was something out of a bag and still not cooked all the way. How hard is it to add water. A woman at the bar got a prime rib dinner, the meat came out as a nice large portion until she cut the fat away and what was left was a small 2 inch in dia. piece. The couple next to me was only drinking beers and there had to order the next half way through the first and a couple of times had to go to the bar themselves. Stick to burger king or mcdonnalds, at least there you know the food what you expect. Its a nice place to look at and thats to bad about my experiance there and what I saw around me. It would be better as a IHOP.

2 Replies Related Threads

pafisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3000
    RE: I tried the food at the new river house 2007/10/01 13:59:47 (permalink)
    Did you try Eddy's while there?I had lunch there last year and it was very good.There have been mixed reports on it and was curious if you had anything to add.To bad that new place is a let down,there are few places to eat in Pulaski and don't need another bad one,there is enough of those.A old reliable is the Rainbow Shores,it's always good.
    saltflyfisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 565
    RE: I tried the food at the new river house 2007/10/01 15:22:53 (permalink)
    Eddy's is good, food taste fine, service is quick and the its hot when it gets to you. What that place really needs is a good sandwich shop. Something simple, soup and sandwiches. Offer sodas, bags of chips and a few tables. What has surprised me for the past few yrs is that you don't see a small mobile stand set up w/ hotdogs. If you set up a stand w/ hotdogs, just dogs w/ toppings and a young lady manning it, you could generate a few bucks in those few weeks that the area gets crowds. I know Linda at the 1880 house had the shed w/ burgers for a while but that stopped also. Vfw stopped the dinners due to loosing money.
    Jump to: