Benefit Sporting Clays Shoot

Author
Bismuth Boy
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 58
  • Reward points: 0
2007/09/23 10:57:55 (permalink)

Benefit Sporting Clays Shoot

The first annual Eric Jamison Memorial Open Sporting Clays Shoot will be held Saturday, September 29th, at the Busted Flush Sporting Clays Course, 1162 Shreve Road, Titusville, PA. ALL PROCEEDS BENEFIT HUNT OF A LIFETIME, a non-profit organization that provides hunting and fishing trips to seriously-ill children.

Entry fee is $50.00 which includes 100 targets and a delicious lunch. YOUTHS 16 AND UNDER SHOOT FREE WHEN ACCOMPANIED BY A SHOOTING ADULT! There will also be a Lewis Class and secret station options, and a Long Bird contest. Registration and shooting will begin at 9:00 AM with a 2:00 PM cutoff and last squad out.

This will be a great shoot, with good targets and the finest food you'll ever find at a shoot. All in the name of a very worthy cause!

There will also be a 3-gun raffle, silent auctions, and door prizes.

For more information, contact Reyn at The Busted Flush, (814) 827-4030.

4 Replies Related Threads

ready2fish
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 787
    RE: Benefit Sporting Clays Shoot 2007/09/24 21:13:22 (permalink)
    Bob, I'll be there, looking for someone to shoot with, your squad full?
    Bismuth Boy
    Novice Angler
    RE: Benefit Sporting Clays Shoot 2007/09/30 09:01:34 (permalink)
    Well, the first annual Eric Jamison Memorial Sporting Clays Tournament was a complete success. A total of 83 shooters enjoyed a beautiful early fall day shooting some excellent targets on The Busted Flush's outstanding course. Mike Pancerev won the shoot with a score of 93. Numerous door prizes were given out, and many items were sold at silent auction. Three guns were raffled away, along with a special random drawing for the 9 junior shooters who attended, one of which won a beautiful Winchester .22 bolt-action. The junior shooters (16 and under) also shot for free and an anonymous donor paid for all their shells.

An unbelievably scrumptious lunch was provided, consisting of barbecued beef and sausage sandwiches, hot dogs, homemade potato and macaroni salad, and lots and lots of munchies. Absolutely no one left hungry! Thanks to Wally Buckner and the Flush crew for the tremendous meal.

Final accounting is not in yet, but it is believed that over $15,000.00 was raised for Hunt of A Lifetime. Included in this total were 28 station sponsors at $100 apiece, and special thanks go out to Electralloy, Franklin Elks Lodge #110, and Carolyn Jamison (Eric's grandmother) who were shoot sponsors at $500 each.

I'd like to say a special "THANK YOU!!!" to Wally Buckner, Bill Cunningham, Lacey Jamison (Eric's sister), Chuck Wright of ESM, and Reyn Richards and Derek Dickson of The Busted Flush for making this event such a roaring success.

Basically before the shoot was over, planning was underway for the Second Annual Eric Jamison Memorial Sporting Clays Tournament!

As a neat side-note: Ready2Fish met up with me about 1:00 PM. As soon as he got there, he told me he'd been having problems with his clothes dryer and that was why he was a little late. About 5 minutes later, he gets an urgent phone call from his better half, the dryer had burnt up and the basement was full of smoke. He handled the crisis without having to leave, so we went out and shot. At the end of the shoot, he won a Lewis Class for $135.00. That should go a long way towards a new dryer!
    ready2fish
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 787
    RE: Benefit Sporting Clays Shoot 2007/09/30 17:15:35 (permalink)
    All I can say is WHAT A GREAT SHOOT AND FOR A GREAT CAUSE. I was highly impressed with everything. Thanks for letting us shoot with you and Lacey, we had a blast....literally....will be back next year for sure.

I'm looking at new guns again....that one round and I got the bug again....Benelli Super Sport or Remington 1187 clays (if I can find a used one)?

Bismuth Boy
    Novice Angler
    RE: Benefit Sporting Clays Shoot 2007/10/01 06:34:31 (permalink)
    Good to have you with us again! Erik N. had an 1187 Sporting for quite a while, he shot it well and really put it through it's paces. No problems other than busting the occasional O-ring. The Benellis are darn nice guns too.
    Jump to: