Lake canadohta

Author
Leboeuf
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points: 0
2007/09/12 19:12:46 (permalink)

Lake canadohta

Coming up from Florida, and will be staying at Lake Canadohta the second week in October. I'm primarily interested in bass. The only stuff I find on the lake is about muskie and walleye. The pictures I have show a relatively clear lake, with a lot of boat docks. Is there any grass or weed beds in the lake? Not knowing that much about the lake and only having an electric trolling motor powered boat, I'll probably concentrate on the docks and any cover around them. I do have a depth finder, and if the lake has any deep weeds or grass I would try and find it, and give that a try. If Canadohta is not worth the effort, I was thinking of giving Leboeuf a shot. Any information/help will be appreciated.

3 Replies Related Threads

bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: Lake canadohta 2007/09/12 19:51:20 (permalink)
    Canadohta is a nice little lake. There used to be a cabbage bed that went all the way around the lake. 8-12 fow. There are a few submerged brush piles out in the middle 38fow. Try the north inlet where the creek flows in. Or try the free beach on the East side of the lake there is a small stream that comes in there. You can work that out to about 30fow. Did well on the largemouths in June on the docks. Very few smallies and a few rock bass..
     That time of year a steelhead rod may be more in order.
    post edited by bingsbaits - 2007/09/12 19:52:52

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Leboeuf
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: Lake canadohta 2007/09/13 16:44:41 (permalink)
    Thanks for the info. Do you know what the primary forage base that is in the Lake? I primarily like to throw spinnerbaits and jerk baits, hard and soft. I also like to flip and pitch jigs, but I don't believe I'm going to be able to do that from a row boat! I'm not into trolling. Any particular lures that are lake favorites?
    Nbobich
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 245
    RE: Lake canadohta 2007/10/02 17:45:30 (permalink)
    Panfish work realy good!!! I use them all the time and get some really nice bass...
    Jump to: