Kettle, First Fork Creeks

Author
flyfisherman22
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 273
  • Reward points: 0
2009/11/14 13:08:01 (permalink)

Kettle, First Fork Creeks

anyone been fishing Kettle Creek or First fork. i have never fished either of these streams this time of year and just wondering how the fishing has been

For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish."
~ John H. Bradley

6 Replies Related Threads

PACOFRANSICO
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 276
    RE: Kettle, First Fork Creeks 2009/11/19 01:51:43 (permalink)
    I fished them the past 2 years. It was a off year this year. If your gonna fly fish the fly project up from Cross fork always is a good time . Anywere around ole bull park gets hammered real hard. I would try young women creek, shingle branch or maybe miller run. The best thing about fishing that far north is that almost every ditch with some water holds some natives in it. I'll take em 10 to 1 over stockies anyday. Don't over look little kettle either, great fishing if you wanna walk a little. Good Luck!

"If, when you pull a fly out you
    dont hear drums and cant smell
    chicken blood in the air, put it back
    in the box, for if it is evil you seek,
    then it can only be conjured with the
    same.
    flyfisherman22
    Expert Angler
    RE: Kettle, First Fork Creeks 2009/11/20 00:52:14 (permalink)
    thanks, ive never fished little kettle, but ive seen it numerous times. my camp is along hammersly fork creek and it has real good native fishin. gonna give it a try this year, well a little more of a try than usual

For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish."
    ~ John H. Bradley
    PACOFRANSICO
    Expert Angler
    RE: Kettle, First Fork Creeks 2009/11/20 02:29:03 (permalink)
    I never fished hammersly fork. Is it worth the try? I spent a hole day drivin and when I saw a little piece of water I'd stop and fish. Thats the cool part about that area. There is a lot of wild brookies up that way and some browns If your gonna put on some miles.

same.
    sugarfuzz12
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 527
    RE: Kettle, First Fork Creeks 2009/11/20 07:26:14 (permalink)
    my camp is on trout run also alot of natives up there?  you ever get any native browns on hammersly? i read somewhere that they are up there.
    flyfisherman22
    Expert Angler
    RE: Kettle, First Fork Creeks 2009/11/20 19:22:18 (permalink)
    ya i fished it a couple years ago. just didnt fish it to hard and didnt walk to far. but a couple miles up there u start into some virgin timber and stuff. its beautiful and ive seen guys catch stocked brownies out of there that have ran up that stream from kettle itself, but im not sure about native brownies but im sure they are there if they run up into there from kettle.

~ John H. Bradley
    PACOFRANSICO
    Expert Angler
    RE: Kettle, First Fork Creeks 2009/11/21 01:56:02 (permalink)
    There way up on Little Kettle, Hamersely and up on Lushbaugh. I meen way up, I fished for 4 days and only happened into 1 the whole trip. You also might want to check out nelson branch to a buddy of mine swears it's a good creek.

same.
    Jump to: