9/8/07 report

Author
Foxfire
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 29
  • Reward points: 0
2007/09/08 13:38:26 (permalink)

9/8/07 report

Slow fishing today. Fished mid-river and only saw about 30 fish (with no takers). Once the sun came up action basically stopped. Only saw 2 additional fish. The river was very low and was 73 degrees at 6:00 AM. Heard the DSR had a good push of fish yesterday, but today was slow. Did not see any meaningful group of fish at the Route 3 bridge, but it was windy. No rises though.

I think all of us should do a rain dance.

Also heard from another fisherman that the lower flyfishing stretch may remain closed if the river flow remains at 100CFS (no 9/15/07 opener). Again this was a rumor, but nothing would suprise me with the low warm water conditions.

Matty D is you have any further insight to this tropical depression (in the Atlantic), please feel free to chime in. Hopefully it will bust this drought.

Good luck fishing guys. There are fish, but other than yesterday at the DSR, they were few and far between. Nothing which I would consider a run (IMHO).

1 Reply Related Threads

OldSalt
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 307
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: 9/8/07 report 2007/09/11 09:40:46 (permalink)
    Thanks for the report Foxfire....

I'm heading back up Weds. for 4 days with my son. Gotta go, had the trip planned with him for a year now since he's in high school and have limited days off except weekends. Been doing the rain dance since my last trip in August. Yea, I would imagne that the DEC will keep the Lower Fly stretch closed unless this rain amounts to more than expected.

Tight Lines,

OldSalt
    Jump to: